Batman: Arkham Asylum (PS3, 360, PC) $29.99 at Amazon.

I grabbed this the other day during Amazon's PS3 gold box deals for the same price. Is this going to be the new price ? Don't know if this is a price drop but its a good game for $30

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']I'd like to see them match Sam's Club. :lol:

I'll be waiting for the GOTY Edition, myself.[/QUOTE]

:lol: I wish they would. A good price. Thanks op :)

fuck you amazon! I've been waiting since black friday for this price, you failed to deliver, so I ordered off of Gamefly.

Now you drop it.

-.-

While $30 is a sweat price point for such a great game, for those who are unaware there is GOTY version coming on May which will include all the challenge maps and 3D feature.
The choice is yours, but those with certain amount of games in their backlogs would want to wait since the new version will drop this one's price.

Last edited by a moderator:
Im waiting for the GOTY , and me being a " Cheap Ass " am hoping it isnt a $60 re-title . Hope it is going to be like SSFIV and only be $39.96 :)

[quote name='AndrewsAwesome4']Im waiting for the GOTY , and me being a " Cheap Ass " am hoping it isnt a $60 re-title . Hope it is going to be like SSFIV and only be $39.96 :)[/QUOTE]

According to Gamestop's/Newegg's/buy.com's preorders, sadly it's 49.99. Hoping for some deals to sneak in on it though.

[quote name='handsomepete']According to Gamestop's/Newegg's/buy.com's preorders, sadly it's 49.99. Hoping for some deals to sneak in on it though.[/QUOTE]

$49.99 seems pretty much.
Guess I have to wait a month or two from May for it to hit a reasonable price.

Target recently clearanced the :pc: version for $12.xx. I saw a couple copies at a few of my 5 local stores last week. Might want to check there before you order from Amazon if you're looking to play it on the computer.

defiantly waiting on the GOTY edition

seems like it's getting good reviews from what I hear on the eidos forums. The europeans are lucky.

I was in Taiwan last week, they already had the GOTY edition for sale. Converted, comes out less than 38$ actually. Then again games in Asia(region 3) are cheaper.

[quote name='josh62488']defiantly waiting on the GOTY edition

seems like it's getting good reviews from what I hear on the eidos forums. The europeans are lucky.[/QUOTE]

How are you a CAG Veteran if you joined Jan 2010??

[quote name='FRAUD_WHATS_THAT']How are you a CAG Veteran if you joined Jan 2010??[/QUOTE]

Cause you can change your user title. You did it?

[quote name='confoosious']Cause you can change your user title. You did it?[/QUOTE]
You can only change your title when you get to CAGiversary! (1 year) or however you spell it. I'm not sure how long it takes to get to Veteran.

[quote name='Lawyers Guns N Money']You can only change your title when you get to CAGiversary! (1 year) or however you spell it. I'm not sure how long it takes to get to Veteran.[/QUOTE]

o really? I never bothered to change mine until now.

I don't really understand the CAGiversary status. It's a date, not a rank.

[quote name='autopiloton']Target recently clearanced the :pc: version for $12.xx. I saw a couple copies at a few of my 5 local stores last week. Might want to check there before you order from Amazon if you're looking to play it on the computer.[/QUOTE]

or just check half.com or something, where it's selling sealed for like 16 bucks right now

[quote name='autopiloton']Target recently clearanced the :pc: version for $12.xx. I saw a couple copies at a few of my 5 local stores last week. Might want to check there before you order from Amazon if you're looking to play it on the computer.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the PC version goes far cheaper than this 'deal' on a fairly regular basis.

the DLCs for the game are fucking free!
why would it need a goty edition?

i can understand for games like fallout, oblivion, and RE5
but for arkham asylum? really?

It includes 2 combat challenges that aren't available to download. One was a pre-order bonus at GameStop and the other was only available in the Collector's edition.

[quote name='justasplanned']the DLCs for the game are fucking free!
why would it need a goty edition?

i can understand for games like fallout, oblivion, and RE5
but for arkham asylum? really?[/QUOTE]

Some people want to play the two challenges that aren't available in the marketplace with 3D experience.

[quote name='Lawyers Guns N Money']You can only change your title when you get to CAGiversary! (1 year) or however you spell it. I'm not sure how long it takes to get to Veteran.[/QUOTE]

That's what I thought, but maybe they changed it??

And it also includes the free Map Pack that wasnt available to the US 360 owners. The Scarecrow map (Gamestop exclusive) is a fun challenge map as well.

Great price. I managed to get it for 20 from Amazon on black friday when they had the 10$ off using a discover card thing, lightning deal price back then was 30 too. This is a good price, but I personally would wait for the GOTY edition if you don't have or havent played this yet

If you haven't bought it yet (like me) it's probably because you're a cheapass (like me) and have been waiting for a lower price point. By the time the GOTY edition comes out for $50 there's a chance you can't justify buying it for the higher price point when the regular edition can be had for much much cheaper. This becomes especially significant when you start to consider your backlog of games and realize you don't need the extra dlc... in the end you buy it eventually when it's sub $20 (e.g. assassin's creed, bioshock, etc.) or the goty version when it's sub $30 (e.g. oblivion) with no regrets.

I'd like to know what little bitch decided to give this a 1 star rating?

Also, this topic isn't about the GOTY version. That version will be $50. So if the cheap Trioviz 3D solution and a few challenge maps are worth $20 to you...so much for being a CAG then eh?

Finally. I'll buy this one and then Gamefly the GotY edition so I can get both sets of trophies. Yeah, I'm a whore. :lol:

I would maybe be interested in the GOTY version if it were the top notch movie theater polarized lens 3D implementation. Even that is a bit gimicky but this version is still essentially the older colored lens technology with flimsy paper glasses...no thank you.

[quote name='FRAUD_WHATS_THAT']How are you a CAG Veteran if you joined Jan 2010??[/QUOTE]

[quote name='FAQ']CAG Newbie: 0-29 days (cannot use signature or create threads in Trading Forum)
CAG in Training: 30-269 days
CAG Veteran: 270-364 days and/or 250+ posts
CAGiversary!: 365 days and beyond and 50+ posts (can create custom titles)[/QUOTE]

;)

I cant wait for this

idk why, but I love prefer this box art to the European one

i wonder if amazon or gamestop will have pre order bonus's or gift card offers

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']Also, this topic isn't about the GOTY version. That version will be $50. So if the cheap Trioviz 3D solution and a few challenge maps are worth $20 to you...so much for being a CAG then eh?[/QUOTE]

Seriously. People really have such hard-ons for two challenge maps and a 3D feature 99% of folks can't use that they're willing to pay $20 extra for 'em? Okay. Me, I'll get the cheaper game, thanks.

well with the BB nerf strike trade in's I got enough money in GS credit to get it for free...so yea i do kinda got a hard on for it

plus i just freakin love batman

Yea, the 3d technology and challenge maps on the GOTY edition are going to be totally mind blowing...:bs:

But in all seriousness, they probably are worth the $9.99 difference.

I would love to pick this up on the 360 since I already beat it on PS3 but it will have to be under $20 before I do that.

I think this is the only game I have ever actually wanted for both consoles. heh

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']Yea, the 3d technology and challenge maps on the GOTY edition are going to be totally mind blowing...:bs:

But in all seriousness, they probably are worth the $9.99 difference.[/QUOTE]

I don't know how mind blowing red and blue 3D is going to be with a console game.

This is the older anaglyph 3D and not the new tech. So unless they came up with some new technology the jury is out on this until there are reviews or people start getting their copy.

bread's done
Back