Batman Arkham Asylum Xbox 360 9.97 @ SAm's Club YMMV

Status
Not open for further replies.
ehh--im gonna wait till this hits the $5 then maybe ill bite-

nah i just hate when people do that on awesome n cheap priced games--

def one of the best games i played-

[quote name='m00p2000']you can actually get a one day pass membership once in a lifetime and you pay nothing extra. I just did this to get it.[/QUOTE]

I called 2 stores both said they dont do one day passes anymore...Your store must have messed up.

[quote name='SLeeK719']I called 2 stores both said they dont do one day passes anymore...Your store must have messed up.[/QUOTE]

yes they must have messed up... though it wasn't a mess up to me.

I've answered the few PMs I got, but I just wanted to say that I did go back out and see if I could pick a few more up to help people out, but the few that were left earlier were gone. I posted mostly to let people know to check the local Sam's club and if a few got the game it worked. :) I didn't take any of the talk personally as it was just folks trying to get a great deal on a great game and I mean that's what we are all here for.

[quote name='OnyxPrimal']I didn't take any of the talk personally as it was just folks trying to get a great deal on a great game and I mean that's what we are all here for.[/QUOTE]

Quote of the truth.

I kicked down my front door and ran out to Sam's to buy them since I saw some there on Wednesday, but someone beat me to it. I did pick up INfamous for the PS3 for 6.75 though so not a wasted trip. Wanted Batman more though.

My store didn't have any copies.
Oh well, with my backlog it will be released as a platinum hit way before I even have time to play it.

Thanks! Picked one up for $9.87. I was planning on picking this up when it hit $30 at Gamestop with my gift card but that's just too good to pass up.

Also picked up SM Civilization 360 for $8.81 and Punch Out Wii for $8.48.

Thanks!

Lots of people here are always asking others to do the work for them and yet, don't offer proper compensation. Theres gas(its not cheap you know), tax, padded bubblemailer (unless we can wrap it in newspaper for you), delivery confirmation (since being a CAG doesn't mean you're an honest person), paypals cut, and so forth. Offering $15 for a $9.99 is just unbelievable. I'm not telling you to give him a profit of $3 bucks, but if he makes $.50 cents or something, who cares.

Also, to the person who has sent out stuff at loss, hooray. Big deal. I seriously doubt you would send stuff out at a loss all the time. If so, I have some games I want you to pick up for me.

I see CAGs lowballing people all the time and its irritating. Then, they throw a shitfit because they think the person doing a "favor" is trying to price gouge him by asking for another $2-$4 bucks.

[quote name='iowaholdem']Agreed. $10 + tax + shipping will be at least $14. Completely discounting the OP's time to run the errand for you, you're still lowballing. I'd say make it $20 and hope the OP is a generous guy because even that is hardly worth the effort.[/QUOTE]

i understand being thankful for someone doing you a favor, but there's a point where it becomes pointless and you're better off getting the product somewhere else. It really starts to annoy me when the people DOING the favor starts expecting maximum compensation. Whatever happened to simple kindness to someone who didn't luck out as much as you?

/end rant...flame me all you want, i really dont care. Note to anyone- if i find an exceptional deal, i'll pick you up a copy for price + shipping + $1

[quote name='iowaholdem']Agreed. $10 + tax + shipping will be at least $14. Completely discounting the OP's time to run the errand for you, you're still lowballing. I'd say make it $20 and hope the OP is a generous guy because even that is hardly worth the effort.[/QUOTE]

I would think $30 would be reasonable. $15, wow that's BIG of you!! LOL, people are amazing.:roll:

[quote name='linkmon']I would think $30 would be reasonable. [/QUOTE]

Well apparently there's a chance of getting one at a TJMaxx for slightly under 30. So if you're willing to go up that far, you may as well check to see if you can find one there.

Damn I just went to Sams about 2 hours ago. I shoulda checked out the games section. I normally do but there were lots of kiddies and soccer moms hogging the area and I was in a hurry.

I'll swing by tomorrow and try to get some plus that punch-out deal sounds great as well!!

[quote name='JSpartan514']dang it less then 10 is great but i have ps3 :([/QUOTE]

Keep your eyes open for it. Sam's almost always drops the games on both systems but at different times. I picked up copies of Smash Hits and World Tour months apart, but both at 9.99. I also have picked up copies of Wolverine on both systems in different months but they were both at 16.XX when I got them.

I'm willing to bet it will drop, just a question of when.

I noticed a ton of price drops at my Sam's today. I'm generally the only one that seems to buy cheap games there but someone cleared most of the incredible ones I've read about today. Hoping the rest drop to ridiculously low prices over the next month too.

Just letting the Wasatch Front CAGs know that Layton, Riverdale, Salt Lake, Murray, and South Jordan stores are all sold out. Managed to pick up a copy for myself and a friend; thanks, OP!

[quote name='Peejus']Just letting the Wasatch Front CAGs know that Layton, Riverdale, Salt Lake, Murray, and South Jordan stores are all sold out. Managed to pick up a copy for myself and a friend; thanks, OP![/QUOTE]

Aye, friend of Peejus here. Call around though, there were a few stores that may still have one. they were $9.87. Also, I saw Super Mario Bros. Wii for $42.86 or something like that(also at sams). Not HUGE savings. but cheaper than 50!

[quote name='jcp42877']i understand being thankful for someone doing you a favor, but there's a point where it becomes pointless and you're better off getting the product somewhere else. It really starts to annoy me when the people DOING the favor starts expecting maximum compensation. Whatever happened to simple kindness to someone who didn't luck out as much as you?[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I wouldn't even bother to offer to get somebody a game if I was expecting to jack up the price. The few times I've done it in the past, it's either been because the store is close enough to me where returning isn't an issue, or because I want to do it as part of a trade and I know I'll be getting another title in return.

That $20 might be "reasonable" to somebody, but don't expect many takers because you're doubling the cost of the game. We're all in this because we're trying to spend as little as possible, remember?

[quote name='LordSMVS']Is Sam's Club like Costco where they don't let you in the door unless you show membership? I kind of want to see if anyone would let me buy it on their membership but it's about an hour away and I don't want to go all the way there to be denied access.[/QUOTE]
for anyone that DOESN'T have a Sam's membership, here's a printable Sam's 1-Day Pass that will get you in (until 2.13.10) to get this deal. just keep in mind that without an actual membership, you pay an addition 10% for anything you purchase, which in this case is a whopping .99 cents...

http://www.samsclubmemberservices.com/Media/Link/pdf/02_MAP_10392_Prunes_DPass_US_ENG_01.pdf

[quote name='VxExLxVxExT']for anyone that DOESN'T have a Sam's membership, here's a printable Sam's 1-Day Pass that will get you in (until 2.13.10) to get this deal. just keep in mind that without an actual membership, you pay an addition 10% for anything you purchase, which in this case is a whopping .99 cents...

http://www.samsclubmemberservices.com/Media/Link/pdf/02_MAP_10392_Prunes_DPass_US_ENG_01.pdf[/QUOTE]

Awesome! Thanks, man. This will also give me a chance to look around and maybe rejoin Sams as I let mine expire a few years ago.

Didn't see AA today, but did see ACDC RB Track Pack for 6.81 and Wii Punch Out for 8.48 and Batman Begins Bluray for 11 or 12. The long lines and my time crunch made the question of rejoining and buying those easier. Will go back tomorrow!

Thanks OP, awesome deal. There were two left at the San Bernardino, CA store and I picked one up. Cashier didn't believe the price.

Oh btw I called Ownesboro KY they had it for the same price two copies left. Its like an hour away from me and they would have been closed by the time I got there. So if someone happens to be around that area give them a call to make sure they still have them tomorrow.

No luck on batman but the sams club website showed Punch-Out!! for $8.xx for in-store pick up so I ordered that. Thanks op.

website may not be accurate because online it says my store is out of stock but i called and they said they had 2 copies left, hopefully when i go in the morning they still have those 2 left, i called 5 minutes before they closed so ill be there before they open!

My local club at a few copies, didn't pick it up though because I already own it. Another CAG said they say Infamous under $10, that's what I was looking for. If I have time tomorrow I can try to get a copy for anyone who wants it. That's if I have time.

Awesome...my store shows as having ONE left (or else they're using their rights to limit copies purchased by one person). anyways, will def, print out that one-day membership and hit it up tomorrow!

anyone know if there are any YMMV BluRays on sale? i just got a PS3 today so im a bit anxious to pop in an awe-worthy BD

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back