Batman Arkham Asylum Xbox 360 9.97 @ SAm's Club YMMV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sam's Club is overfloweth with too much goodness. I cannot hold back. Membership or no membership I'm bum-rushing my way in.

Question... I have seen Sams Club deals here before but have not seen them instore. How are you finding the price? Is it the price acually changed on the display copy, do you have to ask for a price check, or does my Sams just not like to do these markdowns?

[quote name='Cameron4All']Question... I have seen Sams Club deals here before but have not seen them instore. How are you finding the price? Is it the price acually changed on the display copy, do you have to ask for a price check, or does my Sams just not like to do these markdowns?[/QUOTE]

In my store at least they have a copy of the cover art with a price tag on it and that you take to the register. The cashier makes sure it is available and After you pay you go over to member services and pick up your game.

Thanks OP for the heads up on this great price. I 'm fairly sure my local Sam's Clubs are prob sold out, but gonna check a few anyway.

[quote name='OnyxPrimal']In my store at least they have a copy of the cover art with a price tag on it and that you take to the register. The cashier makes sure it is available and After you pay you go over to member services and pick up your game.[/QUOTE]

Mine too, but is the new sale/clearance price changed/shown on the cover art you take to the register?

I don't know if it's the fault of the employees (my assumption), management or Sam's Club corporate, but leaving the cover art plastic cards out for things you don't have is absolutely annoying and completely stupid. Two cards for AA, but NO games. One card for Infamous, but NO game. They did have a Punch Out. Bought it only to sell and cover some of the difference on maybe a used AA.

So... a farily new, highly-rated $60 game drops to $9.87 just on a whim while older games sit at $3 below retail forever? I don't get it.

[quote name='Cameron4All']Mine too, but is the new sale/clearance price changed/shown on the cover art you take to the register?[/QUOTE]

Yes. It's marked on the cover art.

[quote name='OnyxPrimal']Yes. It's marked on the cover art.[/QUOTE]

Thank you. If that is the case, then past experience tells me that the Sams near me does not like to participate in these price reductions, but this is too good of deal to not at least try (if I can get out from the snow from last night).

[quote name='Cameron4All']Thank you. If that is the case, then past experience tells me that the Sams near me does not like to participate in these price reductions, but this is too good of deal to not at least try (if I can get out from the snow from last night).[/QUOTE]

Every time I've gotten a "clearance" price, they were not marked with the lower price. Take one of the covers to the counter and have them scan it. That's the only way you'll know for sure.

[quote name='dino88']Every time I've gotten a "clearance" price, they were not marked with the lower price. Take one of the covers to the counter and have them scan it. That's the only way you'll know for sure.[/QUOTE]

COOL Even better! THANKS!

Went to the Sams Club in Portage, MI and they have 4 copies left after I bought me one. There is a white sticker on the front of the game that states it is $9.97. Hope this helps out someone.. Great deal for a great game.

I really want to get the last one in my store to get the last 210 gamerscore I need in the game, and let's just face it: this game is a worthy keeper in any 360 collection anyways....but i have so much to play (ME2, Demons Souls, Uncharted 2, L4D2)

the only reason I can think of to actually drive over and get it is to use it as trade fodder with someone on here to get Killzone 2 that i've been wanting :)

Looks like there's no reason for me to leave the house today if the prices shown online are correct for the nearby locations. You know, that and the snowy/icy roads. I would have braved them for a $10 Batman:AA, though.

[quote name='JSpartan514']seen any ps3 copies????[/QUOTE]

[quote name='KillerRamen']Yeah, but they were like $30 something.[/QUOTE]

$38.xx I believe, mine had a ton.

So I found 3 cards for the 360 AA at my Sam's this morning...No luck, somebody must have bought them out of the case. :whistle2:(

Thanks CAG!, I have been looking for a good deal on this. Wow it's hard to beat a great game (I hope anyway) for $10.

[quote name='connor73']I don't know if it's the fault of the employees (my assumption), management or Sam's Club corporate, but leaving the cover art plastic cards out for things you don't have is absolutely annoying and completely stupid. Two cards for AA, but NO games. One card for Infamous, but NO game. They did have a Punch Out. Bought it only to sell and cover some of the difference on maybe a used AA.

So... a farily new, highly-rated $60 game drops to $9.87 just on a whim while older games sit at $3 below retail forever? I don't get it.[/QUOTE]

That happened to me 3 times this past summer at 2 different locations. They had cards for games out and didn't have them. Very fusturating to wait in line to checkout, wait in line at customer service to get the games and then have to then get a refund.

My local store had one Batman AA even though the website said that my store was out. They also had Grand Slam Tennis for the Wii for 8.48.

My store had batman even though the website said there were none at my store.Also of the two copies they had one was still marked regular price of $57. something and one was marked the clearance price.

So my advice is check your stores regardless of what samsclub.com says and if they do have them marked regular price have them scan it anyway it might be marked down.

they did have any batman at the one near me but i picked up infamous for 6.75 and the collectors edtion of resistance 2 for 17.81 . so the trip was not wasted. btw they had killzone 2 for 11.88 beut i already had it.

[quote name='uEih']I've never been to a sam's club but do i need a membership like costco or anything?[/QUOTE]
Yes you need a yearly membership, is $60.00 a year for two people and you don't have to be related. we share ours with a friend so we each pay $30.00 a year.

I checked a store in Mesa, AZ and no dice. Manager checked their machine and nothing left in all of Phoenix.

Oh, and I'll still pay around $20 shipped if anyone scores an extra!

The website last night said my store in Mankato, MN had copies of B:AA, then this morning said they were sold out of both that and Punch Out, but I stopped in and they had a couple copies of each (though it took me awhile to find; they have the Wii and 360 games split up into like three different sections...these ones were with the higher priced games in a locked display case).

[quote name='Thasmagal']Yes you need a yearly membership, is $60.00 a year for two people and you don't have to be related. we share ours with a friend so we each pay $30.00 a year.[/QUOTE]

It's $40 for you + another house member for the advantage membership. Good deal for me so far as I just signed up recently. I have already paid for the membership with the savings and I've only had it a week!

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']It's too bad about Sam's not doing the 1 day pass anymore, since there's no way in hell I'd ever need a membership.[/QUOTE]

Same here! Also...not to jump in with everyone else or anything...but Im willing to pay a big $22 for anyone with an extra copy. Just throwing that offer out there! My Sams still has the game at regular price, that and the fact that I dont have a membership doesnt help!

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']It's too bad about Sam's not doing the 1 day pass anymore, since there's no way in hell I'd ever need a membership.[/QUOTE]

Someone posted one n the other thread about Punchout.

I don't know if anyone mentioned it but there is a college membership. You pay $40 but they give you a $15 gift card immediately. You have to have a college e-mail and maybe a college ID.

[quote name='aspen1284']but Im willing to pay a big $22 for anyone with an extra copy. [/QUOTE]

Just so you know, someone offered up $25 (iirc) so not so "big." ;)

[quote name='aspen1284']Same here! Also...not to jump in with everyone else or anything...but Im willing to pay a big $22 for anyone with an extra copy. Just throwing that offer out there! My Sams still has the game at regular price, that and the fact that I dont have a membership doesnt help![/QUOTE]

LoL I was just going to offer that amount as well. I am willing to pay $22 to anyone that picks up a spare. That's all I have in my PP account :whistle2:(

[quote name='VideoGamesIzFun']It was $53 when I went :([/QUOTE]

the sleeve says $53 but if you ask them they will check the PC and they will give you the correct price. I had the same happen to me .

Last edited by a moderator:
One has to wonder though. If Sam's Club can do these seemingly random and highly YMMV clearance prices on games, then why the fuck doesn't Wal*Mart also do them.

It's the same damn company. But I guess that's like expecting Sears and Kmart to do the same clearance since they're all one big corporation now.

It's kind of maddening, since Sam's Club=good clearance and Wal*Mart=WTF is clearance?

The trade-in value at GameStop is about $15 + any specials they have + your edge card. If you play it fast you can MAKE some money on this. Or if you are a little grimey you can buy a few and trade them all in.

[quote name='Thasmagal']the sleeve says $53 but if you ask them they will check the PC and they will give you the correct price. I had the same happen to me .[/QUOTE]

Yeah, here is a tip though, don't ask for a price check at the registers. They can only ring it up and then if you want to take it off, a CSR has to come over and turn the key.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back