Batman: Arkham City--10/18/11

matto1233

CAGiversary!
Developed by Rocksteady Studios, Batman: Arkham City is an action adventure that builds upon the intense, atmospheric foundation of Batman: Arkham Asylum.
--Gamespot

Batman: Arkham City builds upon the intense, atmospheric foundation of Batman: Arkham Asylum, sending players soaring into Arkham City, the new maximum security home for all of Gotham City's thugs, gangsters and insane criminal masterminds.
Set inside the heavily fortified walls of a sprawling district in the heart of Gotham City, this highly anticipated sequel introduces a brand-new story that draws together a new all-star cast of classic characters and murderous villains from the Batman universe, as well as a vast range of new and enhanced gameplay features to deliver the ultimate experience as the Dark Knight.
--IGN

E3 Stage Demo
Exclusive Penguin Reveal
Gameplay Trailer
Riddler Trailer
Hugo Stange Trailer
Catwoman Reveal

Get a $10 Amazon Credit
Order Batman: Arkham City for Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3 and receive a $10 promotional credit toward the purchase of items shipped and sold by Amazon.com (certain exclusions apply, including Kindle books, MP3s, and video rentals and downloads). Also get the Amazon.com exclusive Batman: Arkham City Comic included in your shipment. The $10 promotional credit will be added directly to your Amazon.com account within two days after your order ships. Both offers valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com. Promotional credit is limited to one per household. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time. These offers will be extended to all existing pre-orders.
--Amazon.com Preorder

I worked the DC both at SDCC this year and got to play a unreleased Catwoman level before they opened the showroom floor to attendees. I totally needed out when the DC guy asked me if I wanted to play it.

At first I was skeptical but she actually controls brilliantly (similar to the dark knight himself). Plus she is really melee focused and doesn't have as many gadgets as Batman which is a fun change.

I think I'm mostly excited about Robin at this point. Hopefully he makes an appearance in the actual game.

At 1st I was like "I'll pick this up eventually." Now, I'm getting really excited to play it. I need to pick up AA again and play through. I really hope Robin is available to buy later. I don't have a BB any where near me.

edit: Does BB have codes in a preorder case like they do for some games? I'd gladly pay $5 just to get that code.

Last edited by a moderator:
Preordered the CE when it was announced at GS! I'm dying to play it, I just wish they didn't add Gotham Knight to the CE since I picked that up years ago.

I loved this 1st one, and I totally love how they added the open world sandbox-type thing. It looks like they took Arkham Asylum and crossed it with Assassins Creed.

[quote name='slickkill77']I'm excited. Hopefully I have enough time to play it with everything that's coming out this fall[/QUOTE]Yeah, it's going to be time to prioritize. For me, this game and Saint's Row 3 will be Day One, everything else will have to wait until I'm done with them.

New costumes announced as preorder bonuses in some store I've totally never heard of! Hopefully they make it here!

2rdcn00.jpg

[quote name='CaptainJoel']New costumes announced as preorder bonuses in some store I've totally never heard of! Hopefully they make it here!

2rdcn00.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Oh shit the batman beyond costume? Imagine he can fly instead of glide haha

[quote name='CaptainJoel']New costumes announced as preorder bonuses in some store I've totally never heard of! Hopefully they make it here!
[/QUOTE]

DAMN IT! I fucking hate this retailer exclusive bullshit!! I want all of those and Robin!

[quote name='TheRock88']Full pic

dI7ED.jpg
[/QUOTE]

going from left to right, I need to get #3 and #4. #6 is default right?

damn, this is getting better and better in terms on content, but a royal pain in the ass for players to gather the 'complete' game again.

hopefully, rocksteady/wb or square enix makes them available via dlc or goty later.

im getting the CE from best buy and i plan on selling the robin DLC and the penguin and TDKR DLC on ebay to make back some money. im really only interested in the game and the statue. I hear Kotobukiya makes excellent figures.

Koto does make ridiculously nice stuff. I plan on picking up the statue in the CE from a friend for cheap to go with my other Koto stuff.

Since the skin DLC is coming out I think I'll probably sell off both of my animated skins and Joker carnival DLCs from my preorders at GS. I'll probably just keep and use my Sinestro Corps Batman through my PS3 playthrough.

only 6 days left. i pre ordered the CE on amazon with all my credit i got it down to $45 and im excited because im off work all next week. perfect for playing some arkham city

I preordered it on both systems due to the ridiculous amount of GS credit I had and am taking next week off from school to play. It's gonna be baller.

I've seen the cans for it (the cans with NOS points) in the stores around my area. I absolutely hate NOS, but I will probably grab a couple of cans to get the codes.

[quote name='The Ebbtide']I wonder if the Sinestro skin shown in that Arkham City skin pack is included for the Xbox 360 as well?[/QUOTE]

PS3 only... -__-

I got a can of nos got the code redeemed it, but the Skin does not show available to be redeemed (Its not showing in their list of available rewards) I'm guessing that wont happen till next week.

[quote name='masterchief2291']so the code for the skin is on the can itself? i'd get some for the codes[/QUOTE]The code is on the tab of the can, you need to enter it online at the NOS site to redeem it for the skin.

[quote name='Goodeye']I got a can of nos got the code redeemed it, but the Skin does not show available to be redeemed (Its not showing in their list of available rewards) I'm guessing that wont happen till next week.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, supposedly it goes live on Tuesday or Wednesday.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']One more week.

GS leaked some of the upcoming DLC:

610209b.jpg
- $4.99 - 12/6/2011

610207b.jpg
- $6.99 - 11/1/11

610208b.jpg
- $6.99 - 11/21/11[/QUOTE]

This might be the only DLC, aside from Deus Ex Missing Link, that I'm fully prepared to drop dollars for

[quote name='LinkinPrime']
610209b.jpg
- $4.99 - 12/6/2011
[/QUOTE]

Classic 60s/70s - Original/Year One - Dark Knight Returns - ???? - Batman Beyond - Sinestro Corps Batman - Batman: The Animated Series

I think hustletron is referring to the one I've marked ????. Anyone know what Batman that is? I can't peg it.

It's Earth One Batman which is going to be from the new Batman: Earth One graphic novel. I don't think that's the one he's talking about though, because he's not fat or buff at all.

I wanted to want this game, but Batman, just for me personally, is such a Meh character, I can't see spending the bucks on it...and I'm hating the fact that I've gotta trade in like 6 of my fave games to get it for a friends B'day...Ugh.

wonder what the robin and nightwing bundle are? i really hope its not challenge maps because that would be lame. id actually consider buying all the batman skins for 5 bucks, never thought id say that.

[quote name='sublime90']wonder what the robin and nightwing bundle are? i really hope its not challenge maps because that would be lame.[/QUOTE]

I think that's exactly what it is, two challenge maps per bundle, I believe. Plus the actual characters themselves.

The achievement list for the game leaked a nightwing campaign, so I'm guessing the Nightwing bundle includes the campaign and a couple of costumes.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']The achievement list for the game leaked a nightwing campaign, so I'm guessing the Nightwing bundle includes the campaign and a couple of costumes.[/QUOTE]

But the cheevo list is a full 1000 gamerscore. How can they include DLC that you have to pay for aside from the full game to achieve (heh) the full 1000? Seems weird to me. Got the CE prepaid, so I'm excited either way.

The extra characters are extra achievement points.

There's supposed to be extra Catwoman challenges, but they're for the 'New' copies of the game. The game should come with a code for redemption of those levels. It's similar to the flashback maps for Gears of War 2.

And I know that someone from Rock Steady said during an Xbox Live video that there was mention of a Cooperative Bane fight. I swear he said that exact phrase, but I've never heard or read anything about it since.

not sure I saw this posted anywhere, but I think Wal-Mart has an exclusive where purchasing Arkham City nets you a free copy of Arkham Asylum GOTY edition.

I've always wondered how it'd look on PS3... =)

Ok so Game = $60+$5(skin pack)+7.00 (Nightwing)+7.00 (Robin.. no Best Buy near me). Almost $80 to get everything. Thats some bull right there. I honestly don't know If I want to get this or not at this point. I really, really, hate DLC sometimes.

[quote name='OnyxPrimal']Ok so Game = $60+$5(skin pack)+7.00 (Nightwing)+7.00 (Robin.. no Best Buy near me). Almost $80 to get everything. Thats some bull right there. I honestly don't know If I want to get this or not at this point. I really, really, hate DLC sometimes.[/QUOTE]

I've thought about that, too. Then there's the GOTY edition which will have everything, right? =)

bread's done
Back