Batman Arkham City 19.98 @ Gamersgate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great deal and great game. I'd bite on it if I hadn't already beat it on the 360.

It only activates on steam if you got a code from the Nvidia promotion. All copies are GFWL however.

VVVVVV Yes.

[quote name='JanusEgo']It only activates if you got a code from the Nvidia promotion. All copies are GFWL however.[/QUOTE]

Does that mean you get xbox 360 achievements with the pc version?

[quote name='OtherAdam']Does that mean you get xbox 360 achievements with the pc version?[/QUOTE]

Yep it'll show up on your Gamertag profile. It's funny seeing some people with the same game twice in their achievements because they played both the 360 and PC versions.

[quote name='Okatha']Maybe Tony will see this and match/beat it for Amazon.[/QUOTE]

I don't think Amazon carries PC downloads of WB-published games.
They don't have Bastion nor FEAR 3 for PC download.

[quote name='MysterD']I don't think Amazon carries PC downloads of WB-published games.
They don't have Bastion nor FEAR 3 for PC download.[/QUOTE]

Whoops, yeah you're right.

[quote name='MysterD']Why would it?
Arkham City PC requires G4WL.[/QUOTE]

So does Fallout 3, Street Fighter, Lost Planet, and Resident Evil, and all those games are on Steam.

There is a difference between being on Steam and being a Steamsworks game.

All those titles you mentioned are not Steam required. In fact, there is no GFWL game that is Steam required, that would be kinda pointless. Just be glad the publishers allow them to be sold on Steam.

Actually the publishers for Batman AC allowed a lot of people to have it, you can buy it on Origin for instance. I applaud them for that.

Not steam activatable, I'm gonna pass on this deal not because it's a bad deal or anything but I just like having the convenience of having only one client for my DD games.

If you said it WAS a bad deal because of convenience, I'd move to have your Tag changed to "Convenience Ass Gamer". :) Me, I'll still be a Cheap Ass Gamer. And I got all the DD clients to prove it, although I guess Comrade will be replaced by the Gamefly client soon.

[quote name='loomis1975']There is a difference between being on Steam and being a Steamsworks game.

All those titles you mentioned are not Steam required. In fact, there is no GFWL game that is Steam required, that would be kinda pointless. Just be glad the publishers allow them to be sold on Steam.

Actually the publishers for Batman AC allowed a lot of people to have it, you can buy it on Origin for instance. I applaud them for that.[/QUOTE]

For the Origin version of Batman: AC, once you got the game DL'ed and installed, you can run the G4WL-required game w/out even running Origin. Speaking from experience here.

You can actually do the same w/ most Steam versions of games that are G4WL-required, if you make a shortcut of the EXE from the actual game folder.

[quote name='loomis1975']All those titles you mentioned are not Steam required. In fact, there is no GFWL game that is Steam required, that would be kinda pointless. Just be glad the publishers allow them to be sold on Steam.[/QUOTE]

Not quite true. Warhammer 40K: Dawn of War II and the sequal Chaos Rising were both GFWL games that were also Steamworks. And yes it was pointless and GFWL brought about issues such as desyncing during multiplayer. The latest sequal DoW2 Retribution dropped GFWL completely and is a Steamworks title.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back