Batman Arkham City: GOTY $39.96 @ Wal-Mart

Kingmob46

CAGiversary!
I was just at Wal-Mart and saw that Arkham City GOTY had a 'rollback' tag priced at $39.96. Sorry if this is old info.

And for something completely different: I also just realized Velveeta does not need to be refrigerated. Pretty damn scary to me! :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
You didn't look hard enough. The tag you saw was for the vanilla version. The employees are putting the goty version in that spot by accident. I've been to 3 walmarts and each one has the same thing.

Vanilla = 39.96
Goty = 49.9?

Vanilla went to that price the day goty arrived.

5 stars for the Velveeta info. Note that Walmart in-store copies of AC GOTY may contain Gotham City Imposters free.

I have a sneaking suspicion prices on this thing will be sale-ridden much like the LA Noire / RDR GOTYs were last year.

Yeah I see the GOTY being $20-$30 by Black Friday.

For 360 owners, is the GOTY content in a code or on disc? I have a CE disc right now with none of the DLC (except for Catwoman), interested in seeing how the GOTY content is handled.

This is the one with Gotham City Imposters right? GoTY plus that at $40 seems like a good deal
[quote name='GamerDude316']Yeah I see the GOTY being $20-$30 by Black Friday.

For 360 owners, is the GOTY content in a code or on disc? I have a CE disc right now with none of the DLC (except for Catwoman), interested in seeing how the GOTY content is handled.[/QUOTE]
DLC is on a seperate disc

[quote name='Havok83']This is the one with Gotham City Imposters right? GoTY plus that at $40 seems like a good deal

DLC is on a seperate disc[/QUOTE]

hmm thanks, maybe I'll hunt down a used copy at GS when the price is right...

[quote name='Cocojames333']You didn't look hard enough. The tag you saw was for the vanilla version. The employees are putting the goty version in that spot by accident. I've been to 3 walmarts and each one has the same thing.

Vanilla = 39.96
Goty = 49.9?

Vanilla went to that price the day goty arrived.[/QUOTE]

yeah, you are probably right. Here I was assuming Wal-Mart had things in order. [hangs head in shame]

Now about the Velveeta pyramid... it was huge! It was in the middle of the isle, glistening gold and what not!

[quote name='GamerDude316']Yeah I see the GOTY being $20-$30 by Black Friday.[/QUOTE]Fortunately, it no longer takes till BF for games to reach these prices.

The tag I saw today was specifically for the GOTY version, and when I asked about it, I was told it's $40. YMMV

So if the DLC is on a seperate disc you can do a Fallout 3 right? (try to find a GOTY used, install dlc and return game) anyone have any input on this?

[quote name='merchie89']So if the DLC is on a seperate disc you can do a Fallout 3 right? (try to find a GOTY used, install dlc and return game) anyone have any input on this?[/QUOTE]

Its morally wrong.

[quote name='KtMack23']Its morally wrong.[/QUOTE]

You could just think of it as you beat the game in a week and returned it...which is kinda true.

I forsee a cheaper price @ gamestop of all places during their upcoming summer sale so I'll wait for $30 or less & pm @ BB.

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']I feel like the original game plus some dlc would be cheaper...unless you would buy all the costumes and challenge maps[/QUOTE]makes sense since the vanilla was $10 after coupon how much is all the DLC total?

[quote name='Enuf']makes sense since the vanilla was $10 after coupon how much is all the DLC total?[/QUOTE]
Exactly, especially with all the free PSN cards from Langers :)

bread's done
Back