Batman Arkham City (PS3/360) $19.99 @ amazon

I don't get why everyone is freaking out about this. It's the vanilla version, and it was $10 for an entire month at Best Buy (or $10 + $5 if you had to buy the G@MER magazine).

I mean I think $19.99 is solid but as scorch mentioned there is a newer version with all the DLC and this has been much cheaper in the past. Even the $29.99 black friday deal at Walmart that included arkham asylum is a better deal.

If you haven't picked it up though I think you'd be better off getting it at Best Buy and trying to find a copy with the Robin DLC sticker on it then just getting it from Amazon.

I'm waiting on a sale on the Arkham City GOTY edition. Figured SOMEONE out there would have a sale on it by now. A lot of these GOTY editions get at least a $10 off sale in the first or second week of release. Fallout NV, Fallout 3, Red Dead, LA Noire, GTA 4 Complete all come to mind.

They should make the GOTY edition $20, given the horrible box art.

[quote name='Scorch']I don't get why everyone is freaking out about this. It's the vanilla version, and it was $10 for an entire month at Best Buy (or $10 + $5 if you had to buy the G@MER magazine).[/QUOTE]Loan me the keys to your time machine? ;)

[quote name='maximumzero']I'd probably grab it had it not been for the recent Armored Edition announcement.[/QUOTE]

What's that? I haven't heard about that edition until today.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']What's that? I haven't heard about that edition until today.[/QUOTE]

It's the new WiiU version that takes advantage of the WiiU gamepad.

I'm one of those waiting for a GOTY ed. sale, but I am curious what they'll charge for the Wii U version considering how late it's coming out. I'm wondering if Sony will drop the price to GH $30 to coincide w/ the WiiU version which I expect will be $50. Though Warner Bros. might not be a big fan of that idea.

[quote name='Havok83']Im glad I traded mine in last month. The TIV for this must be ridiculously low now[/QUOTE]

$12 at BB last week. I debated trading in mine and buying the GOTY edition but I figured out it would be cheaper to just get the DLC that I'm missing instead

[quote name='GamerDude316']$12 at BB last week. I debated trading in mine and buying the GOTY edition but I figured out it would be cheaper to just get the DLC that I'm missing instead[/QUOTE]
I thought the same thing, but figured I could get a decent upgrade when the GoTY reaches ~$24.

[quote name='sadboy']I thought the same thing, but figured I could get a decent upgrade when the GoTY reaches ~$24.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'll be waiting for $20 myself. Its been my buy point for GOTY editions (AA, Borderlands, RDR) and works well for me

Hmm they might make us wait until The Dark Knight Rises for a decent Arkham City GOTY sale. About 5 weeks? Ugh well, guess I'll continue to wait.

[quote name='GamerDude316']$12 at BB last week. I debated trading in mine and buying the GOTY edition but I figured out it would be cheaper to just get the DLC that I'm missing instead[/QUOTE]
I believe it was $18 at BB when I traded it in. With 50+10%, I made roughly $28-29 on it. Just waiting for GOTY to drop to $40 before I get it

[quote name='GBAstar']Even the $29.99 black friday deal at Walmart that included arkham asylum is a better deal.[/QUOTE]

That's right everybody, if an item ever had a better deal in the past, then don't bother posting a new deal for it. We'll just sit back and reminisce about the old one. :fridge:

Last edited by a moderator:
This may be dead, but check your local Wal-Mart. All 3 of the Wal-Mart stores I've checked the past couple of days now have Arkham City regular priced at $19.96 for ps3.

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']This may be dead, but check your local Wal-Mart. All 3 of the Wal-Mart stores I've checked the past couple of days now have Arkham City regular priced at $19.96 for ps3.[/QUOTE]

the 2 near me had vanilla for 39.96 and goty for 49.96.

[quote name='alamak']That's right everybody, if an item ever had a better deal in the past, then don't bother posting a new deal for it. We'll just sit back and reminisce about the old one. :fridge:[/QUOTE]

LOL. Nice.

[quote name='alamak']That's right everybody, if an item ever had a better deal in the past, then don't bother posting a new deal for it. We'll just sit back and reminisce about the old one. :fridge:[/QUOTE]

:applause:

[quote name='V3rtigo']the 2 near me had vanilla for 39.96 and goty for 49.96.[/QUOTE]

Check that store again in the next day or two. Employee told me they are lowering the price to 20 since the GOTY version is out, which makes sense

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']This may be dead, but check your local Wal-Mart. All 3 of the Wal-Mart stores I've checked the past couple of days now have Arkham City regular priced at $19.96 for ps3.[/QUOTE]

If you guys don't mind buying this used:

AWD has this for $18.99 - Like New

True, but ths is not a deal, GOTY is out and going to be lightening deal at Amazon at 4 eastern. If someone waited out $10 at BB for a whole month, they can wait for GOTY to go on sale for the same price sooner or later.

[quote name='Scorch']I don't get why everyone is freaking out about this. It's the vanilla version, and it was $10 for an entire month at Best Buy (or $10 + $5 if you had to buy the G@MER magazine).[/QUOTE]

Damn, somehow I missed that @Gamer coupon or else I probably would have jumped on it just for the dlc since it costs over twice that much to purchase it separately. Crap I hate when I miss a deal on something I want. #-o

bread's done
Back