Batman Arkham City Wii U $8.50 at Amazon .

I broke down and bought it since I just saw that the Wii U Uboost by Nyko is ~11 but Temporarily out of stock. Much better than paying shipping!

Toys R Us has it for $8.50 as well.  Picked it up last night.

It shows $10 but when you add it to your cart it drops to $8.50

Last edited by a moderator:
How is this version compared to the others?
It is missing the free movie, has framerate/graphical issues, and the "bonus" WiiU features are lackluster at best. If you thought the pixel hunts for missions like Deadshot and tracking Ra's Al Ghul were annoying before, wait until you experience them on WiiU! Finally, the WiiU version doesn't have the stereoscopic 3D options that the PS360 version had IIRC, so you are stuck with that lame TriOviz 3D mode (the one with the green/purple glasses that came in Arkham Asylum). This doesn't matter if you don't have a 3D TV, but for those of us that do, it's a major cut.

Don't get me wrong, the WiiU version is certainly playable, and if you don't have a PS360 (or even just want to save $5) the WiiU version is a good option. At the end of the day you can't go wrong with any version of the game. But don't go in thinking this is the definitive version of the game cause they added a map to the Gamepad and a couple new "armor" attacks (which add nothing to the game btw), because that's far from true. If you have all systems and money isn't a factor whatsoever, this would be the last version I'd recommend.

Last edited:
Somebody stole this and its now on the front page of SD . And they tried to tell me I used to do stuff like this smh .

In all honesty this deal has been live all weekend and was on SD on Saturday...

The movie code for Batman: Year One expired months ago. Besides it wasn't a very good movie anyway.
Somebody has a terrible taste in movies.....

As for the code expiring, I don't know if that means anything or not, it may still work? Either way the movie is on Netflix so it shouldn't be a dealbreaker for most people one way or another, but it is undeniably one feature the WiiU version is missing.

Somebody stole this and its now on the front page of SD . And they tried to tell me I used to do stuff like this smh .
I don't mean to be rude man, but you posted a link to a site and shared a deal. And I certainly appreciate taking the time to do that, but it's not like you published something. Assuming whoever reposted it discovered it here as opposed to seeing it on Amazon themselves, it still doesn't matter. At all. Everybody has every right to share deals of this nature with whomever they want.

Last edited:
I was going to grab this but realized that when GiantBomb did their live stream of the Wii U release, this was one of the games they covered and the frame rate was kind of bad...

I guess the real question is, is that because of the console being new and it's been ironed out now or is it the games fault?

Last edited by a moderator:
I was going to grab this but realized that when GiantBomb did their live stream of the Wii U release, this was one of the games they covered and the frame rate was kind of bad...

I guess the real question is, is that because of the console being new and it's been ironed out now or is it the games fault?
It hasn't been fixed if that's what you are asking, AFAIK the game hasn't received a single patch on WiiU. As to whether it's the console's fault vs the port itself, nobody here can say with 100% certainty.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-batman-arkham-city-wii-u-face-off

Last edited:
It hasn't been fixed if that's what you are asking, AFAIK the game hasn't received a single patch on WiiU. As to whether it's the console's fault vs the port itself, nobody here can say with 100% certainty.
Thanks for a link! I watched a couple comparison videos and it's a bit unfortunate considering it sounds like the gamepad stuff is a lot of fun. After playing it on PC, I wanted to check out the gamepad set up but I'm not sure if it's worth the frame rate woes.

Thanks again!

No, I agree. Batman: Year One is a poor adaptation of a great story. It needed much more room to breathe than the 64min run time it was alloted.
I disagree. I never read the Year One comics, so if a lot of content was cut away I don't know about it. As a standalone experience, I thought the movie itself was fantastic and I don't feel like anything was really missing. The only complaint I really have is that the title is a bit misleading; this is clearly a Gordon story, not Batman, but that all goes back to the comic I guess?

I can see where you are coming from though; I read every issue even remotely related to Flashpoint, and when the movie finally hit it felt like a very rushed cliffsnotes version of the story, with entire plotlines either scrapped or vaugley referenced (Hell, the Abin Sur and Batman tie-ins should've been able to carry a movie all by themselves). I think Superman All Stars was even worse; that movie should've been 3 times as long to properly cover that story. I guess my point is that, as far as I can figure, your complaint can be applied to most of the animated movies DC has put out. I don't know why they are so committed to limiting all these movies to around an hour; considering the price they hit for and how profitable I've read these films are, they should be able to make them longer, or at least take the DKR route and break them up into multiple releases.

Yeah, pretty much the same thing as your Flashpoint experience. However, Year One was only 4 issues long and this adaptation still felt clipped and rushed. I love Cranston, but all of the voiceover narration (and there's a ton) could've been performed better.

Anyway, I picked up a copy from TRU mostly for the DLC. I already played the game on PS3, but figured I would like to revisit it in the future and the price was right. Playing through Arkham Origins on Wii U currently.

Well I was gonna pass on this, but as I have just placed $30 of other stuff in my cart and need something to beat the $35 SSS limit I decided to bite on this (I do have a friend getting a new WiiU, maybe he'd appreciate this), but it's not letting me check out (saying the game is OoS).  While it's still showing as backordered for $8.50, opening another window and searching for the game pulled up one sold by Broadway Games at $24.

So I guess this deal is dead?  Or is my order just screwing up for some odd reason?

Last edited:
regardless of what that one guy is saying....I bought this at the $8.50 price tag from TRU. I am VERY happy with it, excellent, exciting, fun game. BUY IT!

bread's done
Back