Batman: Arkham Knight Announced (PS4, Xbox One, PC)

So where is the best place to get this game based on pre order bonuses? I saw Gamestop has red hood story pack and harley quinn + 4 maps. I dont usually buy games from gamestop, but if this is the only place i can get these bonuses i might have to.
Don't give in to blackmail.

The only question is... Xbox, PC, or Playstation?

The obvious choice is probably PC, but I do love my chievos.

This Season Pass actually looks good. I've never been a huge fan of the Arkham DLCs as they're usually just lame challenge maps and very few real DLC story ones but this looks promising since there isn't an influx of those useless combat/predator maps.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't give in to blackmail.
Well unless someone changes my mind, it looks like Gamestop has the most pre order bonus for the game. Amazon does have harley quinn but not the red hood. Is the red hood included in the season pass by any chance? I really dont know. Gamestop looks like they will give me 30 dollars credit for bloodborne so thats already half off of batman right there.

They say that the codes for the Red Hood and Harley Quinn story packs are printed onto the receipt so what I think I'll do is preorder the game, buy the game, input the codes, return the game unopened the next day or something, and then buy it used at a later date.

I cannot in good conscience support the blatant anti consumer policies of Warner Bros and Rocksteady yet I am eager to play what is in all likelihood the last great singleplayer game ever made. As much as the powers will be allow anyway. I believe this method supports both goals.

In your guy's opinion, do you think they'll release HD revamps of Asylum and City at some point in the future? I just started wondering about this and looked it up and I see there are rumors floating around about them in the works. You think it's gonna happen or should I hold on to the copies I have now? Trying to clear a few more games out of the clutter and if they're going to come out for the new consoles eventually I'll probably get rid of them now.

Welcome to next gen.... just open batman arkham knight, pop the disc in, it installs pretty fast. Now downloading a 3.5 GB update thats gunna take approximately 5 hours. Damn my slow ass internet.

But what i really wanted to know, is the Red Hood, Scarecrow, or Harley Quinn stories integrated with the main story, kind of like how catwomans was in Arkham City, or is it safe to play those later? They are all around 1 GB each. Personally if they are like the catwoman missions in City i would rather download them before i start playing.

I think they are separate stories. Like you said, Catwoman's tied directly into the story via integration as the story progressed. These ones though tie in but not that way, as they are their own little contained stories you play from start to finish.

15% in and there is entirely way too much batmobile play in this. Only thing that's bothering me so far...and I was not one of those people whining about it being a feature in any of the games as I fucking knew they'd do something like this if they ever included it and as predicted I was right. Controls clunky and can just be a pain in the ass to maneuver at times, especially in the Riddler trials. Not bad for their first time as RS doesn't specialize in driving games but yeah way too much emphasis on it.

I think they are separate stories. Like you said, Catwoman's tied directly into the story via integration as the story progressed. These ones though tie in but not that way, as they are their own little contained stories you play from start to finish.

15% in and there is entirely way too much batmobile play in this. Only thing that's bothering me so far...and I was not one of those people whining about it being a feature in any of the games as I fucking knew they'd do something like this if they ever included it and as predicted I was right. Controls clunky and can just be a pain in the ass to maneuver at times, especially in the Riddler trials. Not bad for their first time as RS doesn't specialize in driving games but yeah way too much emphasis on it.
Thank you! It's not just me then. I had seen reviews and posts from others talking about how much fun the Batmobile was, but I almost rage quit 15 minutes into the game over that stupid thing. It's overpowered for the narrow, twisting streets of Gotham.

The more I play the game, and the more I become familiar with the powerslide, the batmobile isn't so bad.  Just different for an Arkham game. 

Wow, I just experienced my first glitch in the game and boy it was a doozie (spoilers for identity of a side-mission boss)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDatk1_RbpU

Hey everyone - quick question about the pre-order Harley Quinn DLC - does this come inside the box of the collector's edition - or was this supposed to be a separate code e-mailed out? I have a copy of the game for PS4 that shipped to my parent's address and won't be able to get to it for about another month.

Hey everyone - quick question about the pre-order Harley Quinn DLC - does this come inside the box of the collector's edition - or was this supposed to be a separate code e-mailed out? I have a copy of the game for PS4 that shipped to my parent's address and won't be able to get to it for about another month.
Harley + Scarecrow + old school skins were in the standard edition case. Redhood was on my gamestop receipt. Not sure if the collectors edition would be different.

Harley + Scarecrow + old school skins were in the standard edition case. Redhood was on my gamestop receipt. Not sure if the collectors edition would be different.
@The 7th Number: Awesome - thanks for the response. I'll presume it's the same with the collector's edition and if not...oh well, I guess.

I got the PS4 LE and it was inside the box along with the Scarecrow missions.

Question about 2 ar challenges, City Heat TT and Under the Pale Moonlight. I don't have them available. I already beat the game and got 100%. A glitch or what?

Question about 2 ar challenges, City Heat TT and Under the Pale Moonlight. I don't have them available. I already beat the game and got 100%. A glitch or what?
Use this

Unlock all AR events

City Heat, you have to use 3 gadgets in one glide

Under the pale moonlight, you have to use the voice synthesizer to lure someone into a trap

Use this

Unlock all AR events

City Heat, you have to use 3 gadgets in one glide

Under the pale moonlight, you have to use the voice synthesizer to lure someone into a trap
Nah they not available period. I wouldn't even know what they're called if I haven't looked it up. Yeah I was 3 medals aways from 69. Had to go back and 3 star some other challenges. Shit was fucking annoying.

Nah they not available period. I wouldn't even know what they're called if I haven't looked it up. Yeah I was 3 medals aways from 69. Had to go back and 3 star some other challenges. Shit was fucking annoying.
Yea they don't show up unless you unlock them... I'm glad I don't have to three star all of them thanks to the scarecrow stuff.

I see on IGN there is 2 endings, I should be able to see the incomplete ending and then after I complete all the side missions see the complete ending correct? Can't find conformation on this anywhere.

I see on IGN there is 2 endings, I should be able to see the incomplete ending and then after I complete all the side missions see the complete ending correct? Can't find conformation on this anywhere.
Correct, you have to complete all side-missions including solving all 243 riddler puzzles. It was a pain in the ass, but there was some satisfaction in it with all the taunting Riddler does.

Just beat this. I admit I cheated and watched the 100% ending as there is no way in hell I'm doing some of those Riddler Batmobilr challenges though I did always make an effort to complete all Riddler challenges in Asylum, Origins and City not that it means much here. Won't say much since the game is still new but unrelated to the ending but I'm definitely ready for an Arkham Beyond with Terry. A Neo Gotham setting would look fantastic with these next-gen systems and I'd love to see that side of Batman lore again.

The only really hard times I had was with AK and his goddamn tank. That entire fight from start to finish can go take a hike.

I think this review my friend did for our podcast has a really different opinion on the game then a lot of what I keep hearing about. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROP9-60IIJE

Im not sure how i feel about the game. I thought the story was good, graphics were great, and loved some of the twists and cinematics that happened in the game. I liked the scarecrow design, and he felt like someone who really could take over Gotham. On the other hand i felt like the game had too much batmobile, the city design is unmemorable, and it felt like there was barely any boss fights. When i think of Arkham City i can picture in my head most of the city, specials buildings, and other areas. Now i just started playing this game so its hard to memorize the areas that quickly, especially when im driving around 100 miles an hour. But it just feels generic and cluttered. I beat the whole story and feel like i dont know any of the map still. The batmobile is cool, and there are times where i love driving it, but i feel like it was too much of it in the game.

Also spoilers,
How in the world did we not get a scarecrow boss fight? After going through the whole game, you dont even get to fight him at the end. I mean i did like how they used the Joker at the end. But come on, i wanted to kick the shit out of Scarecrow. But i really enjoyed having Joker with me through the whole game, that was a great part of the game, and i already miss seeing him pop up in places, or the billboards change when you look away and back.

Overall though id say the game is good, but id say City is more fun to play, at least through the story.

well said 7th. the game looks great, plays great and i really liked the new additions to the combat. some very good twists and turns in the story but the ending overall didnt leave me satisfied. i really didnt like the arkham knight reveal and the batmobile felt super clunky to me in parts where you have to race around the city. my opinion might differ after i get the 100% ending (all i have left is around 40 trophies) but as of right now city is still my favorite.

New content is out. Not sure what is paid and what is free as I opted for the season pass.

Played through the Red Hood content, he's pretty fun to play around with and the guns he used makes fights way easier but they are fun nonetheless. Batman Beyond suit looks way better than it did in City too.

bread's done
Back