Batman, Beatles, Band Hero and More (360) $29.99 w/FS at Microsoft Store 12/5-12/6

bought Batman on BF for $37 at Target. Luckily haven't opened it yet, so going to return it cuz I just ordered here. Although, I predict that we'll see it at $19.99 before X-Mas.

Discover card is offering 10% Cashback...

Bing is offering another 10% Cashback...

So...

If I go through Bing, and use my Discover card... will I get 20% Cashback...???

Went back to the site to forward to a friend, and it appears that all the prices are back to normal. Could it be that the deal is dead already??

[quote name='PlayerXXX']Went back to the site to forward to a friend, and it appears that all the prices are back to normal. Could it be that the deal is dead already??[/QUOTE]
Site still working for me.

[quote name='Jcaugustine']Discover card is offering 10% Cashback...

Bing is offering another 10% Cashback...

So...

If I go through Bing, and use my Discover card... will I get 20% Cashback...???
[/QUOTE]
To answer my own question...

NO.

It's one or the other, since Discover needs you to click through their site.

I just picked up the Batman offer.

You will be charged sales tax if your state charges sales tax.

If you have Discover Card you can get 10% if you go through the Discover Website or 10% of you go through Bing but not both.

The 10% will cancel out the tax you paid at least and since there is free shipping you are good on that front.

Also, if you have Discover Card if you go to the website you can get 2% on all online purchases now till the end of the month so if you are going to buy anyway and you have Discover Card and none of your other cards have a better offer, this may be an option. Through their 5% cash back offers this year I was able to get enough back to pay for half of my Xbox 360.

Just an FYI -- I believe we are going to see different offers like this every week from the MS store from what I have seen so far so maybe some other games may get a nice price break.

Hope that helps

Well, when combined with the RB2 Special Edition I got at Amazon for $70 last week, this $30 Beatles: Rock Band was pretty much a no-brainer to purchase. $30 was my magic price point, so I don't really mind if I see it for $20 or $15 sometime next year.

Picked up Band Hero. I wanted to get it eventually for $30 in order to add to my Hero collection, but I didn't think I'd be able to so soon.

I didn't like Band Hero demo much, so I'm going to pass on that.

Beatles Rock Band hasn't been on any of the BF or Cyber Monday sales, other than the standard $10 off (to $49.99)...I'm in!!!

[quote name='bigwightdog']I didn't like Band Hero demo much, so I'm going to pass on that.

Beatles Rock Band hasn't been on any of the BF or Cyber Monday sales, other than the standard $10 off (to $49.99)...I'm in!!![/QUOTE]

Ditto, me too on all of that!

Thanks OP.

[quote name='swissx1']Is the Beatles Rock set a deal at 119.00

http://store.microsoft.com/microsof...al-Value-Bundle-for-Xbox-360/product/83A1AA44[/QUOTE]

NO! That set has been on sale at both Amazon and Best Buy recently for $100. However, it's not really worth it at that price either, because that bundle includes the inferior RB1 instruments. A much better deal would have been to get in on Amazon's $70 RB2 Special Edition bundle before Thanksgiving, then combine it with this Beatles: Rock Band deal for $30. $100 total for RB2 instruments, RB2 game, and Beatles: Rock Band. Hard to beat that.

thanks CAG's, I got 2 Beatles Rock Band w/ 2 different names & 2 different credit cards for the same address. One is for me & the other is for a present. They only sell 1 per person & I used Bing. The tax was $2.05, I think.

Guess I'm the only one having trouble going through the checkout (Beatles RB)? I make it to complete purchase, and then it redirects me away saying page not found. Will call customer service @ noon I suppose.

[quote name='BingoBrown']NO! That set has been on sale at both Amazon and Best Buy recently for $100. However, it's not really worth it at that price either, because that bundle includes the inferior RB1 instruments. A much better deal would have been to get in on Amazon's $70 RB2 Special Edition bundle before Thanksgiving, then combine it with this Beatles: Rock Band deal for $30. $100 total for RB2 instruments, RB2 game, and Beatles: Rock Band. Hard to beat that.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for your input, this group really help game buyer out.

I just could not pull the trigger on Beatles RB... $32 with tax. $25 is my magic point. Maybe at BlockBuster one day...

[quote name='swissx1']i wish i could figure the the bing cashback thing....[/QUOTE]

What's there to figure out?

1. You create a profile (no need to if you already have a hotmail / xbox 360 account).
  2. Go to the official website (www.bing.com/cashback)
  3. Look for "Microsoft Store" within the Cashback Stores section.
  4. Click the link next to it displayin "Go To Store"
  5. You may have to than sign-in to your microsoft account from there.
  6. Start shopping and enjoy the cashback (looks like it can be anywhere from 3-10%).
Might be nice if someone can confirm what the cashback percentage is...

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']What's there to figure out?

1. You create a profile (no need to if you already have a hotmail / xbox 360 account).
  2. Go to the official website (www.bing.com/cashback)
  3. Look for "Microsoft Store" within the Cashback Stores section.
  4. Click the link next to it displayin "Go To Store"
  5. You may have to than sign-in to your microsoft account from there.
  6. Start shopping and enjoy the cashback (looks like it can be anywhere from 3-10%).
Might be nice if someone can confirm what the cashback percentage is...[/QUOTE]

Everytime I checkout the the gold coin disappears. I when thru Bing.com stores signed in and still nothing have shown up. I tried to use it at walmart.com today at the mircosoft store. Thanks for your reply.

Grabbed a Beetles Rock Band and a Band Hero. Wife's birthday is on the 20th so that takes care of a birthday and Christmas gift.

Swissx: if you don't have any instruments, gamestop b&m stores have the rb2 set for $99.99, then buy Beatles for 30. Not the absolute best deal that has been had in these parts, but its the best way right now to get Beatles and the good instruments. Amazon and several others also have the rb2 set with free shipping if you want to buy online.

Picked up Band Hero. Between that and the Gamestop Lego Rock Band "sale," I've expanded my collection 2 for the price of one. Quick question:

Do Rock Band 1 instruments work with Band Hero?

[quote name='AnimatedSnow47']Picked up Band Hero. Between that and the Gamestop Lego Rock Band "sale," I've expanded my collection 2 for the price of one. Quick question:

Do Rock Band 1 instruments work with Band Hero?[/QUOTE]

On 360, yes. I can't speak for the other platforms for sure. I believe PS3 can but I think the Wii may have some issues between sets of games.

[quote name='One4Deuce']Batman is a must have at that price.[/QUOTE]

Unless you only want it on PS3 darnit. But a pretty good price. I knew if I waited it would hit $29.99 before the end of the year. I have a feeling there will be more sites doing that now on both formats.

[quote name='GohanX']Swissx: if you don't have any instruments, gamestop b&m stores have the rb2 set for $99.99, then buy Beatles for 30. Not the absolute best deal that has been had in these parts, but its the best way right now to get Beatles and the good instruments. Amazon and several others also have the rb2 set with free shipping if you want to buy online.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info. My kids got Rock for the Wii, but I thought would upgrade to the XBOX 360 verison..

Special Thanks to Cheapy for posting this. I got in on the only deal (Batman) I could afford at the time. Right place, right time, right price. Thanks!

Just when I was going to pull the trigger on Band Hero, they raised it back to full price. I guess it's a good thing. Really didn't have the cash for it anyways.

bread's done
Back