Batman Begins Trailer

looks pretty sweet, I been watching the batman animated series dvd to hype me up for the new movie.

[quote name='BigNick']Too bad its a year away![/quote]

tell me about it...but as long as its better than Batman & robin ..ill wait!!!

na na na na na na na Batman! Batman! Shame Arnie is Gov these days and can't reprise his role as Mr. Freeze, I laughed so hard every scene he was in.

[quote name='Nirvanaguy777']i just spooged myself[/quote]

I damn near pissed my pants in joy. Bale looks gooda s Bruce, and he pulls off the voice well. Sooooo looking forward to that.

when ever I think of batman I think of the frank miller stuff, like batman: year one and return of the dark night, why can't they do somthing like that, heh.

[quote name='SpookyD']when ever I think of batman I think of the frank miller stuff, like batman: year one and return of the dark night, why can't they do somthing like that, heh.[/quote]

actually, this is kinda based loosely on both of those.

and yeah...this makes up for Catwoman...now if only they showed it before catwoman...

If they are smart it will be released months after EPIII. And yea, Christian Bale will be awesome in this. I loved him in Equilibrium. He kicked so much ass!

[quote name='SpookyD']when ever I think of batman I think of the frank miller stuff, like batman: year one and return of the dark night, why can't they do somthing like that, heh.[/quote]

Actually I think a lot of the script is ripped from Miller's Year One. And speaking of Batman I was in Borders and I happen to glance at one of the new Bats comics there. And it had some huge guy in a weird Robin outfit attacking Batman. It said "Jason Lives"...did they randomly bring Jason Todd back from the dead I take it?

Ah, ok then that's a bit better. It would be kind of an injustice to take such a moment like Jason's dying away from the A Death in the Family book. If comics weren't so much and I wasn't so damn broke i would've bought it and read it, but alas here I am.

hell, if you lived around here i'd say come on in and read it. Yeah, i allow that. As long as you dont ruin anything ( like bending the bokk cover to cover...i hate that) then its fine.

Whoever designed the new Batmobile to look like a cross between a dunebuggy and a Caterpillar backhoe should be shot. Besides his lame car, I've been hyped for this movie ever since they announced Bale as Batman.

Cool that, actor looks to be the best batman yet. He looks the part. All he really needs is darker hair. IMO.

[quote name='WildWop']Whoever designed the new Batmobile to look like a cross between a dunebuggy and a Caterpillar backhoe should be shot. Besides his lame car, I've been hyped for this movie ever since they announced Bale as Batman.[/quote]

i actually like the car. Add the reasoning of a working prototype from wayne enterprises to a car that can actually take a speedbump/pothole, you've got plausible reasoning for that car to work.

also, i figured it was more F1 car meets Humvee

[quote name='Wshakspear'][quote name='WildWop']Whoever designed the new Batmobile to look like a cross between a dunebuggy and a Caterpillar backhoe should be shot. Besides his lame car, I've been hyped for this movie ever since they announced Bale as Batman.[/quote]

i actually like the car. Add the reasoning of a working prototype from wayne enterprises to a car that can actually take a speedbump/pothole, you've got plausible reasoning for that car to work.

also, i figured it was more F1 car meets Humvee[/quote]
From what I've read some of the cars that they made for this movie are 100% functional. I'm not sure on the truth of that statement.

well now... I hope, I hope they do it right. If they don't it will kill the franchise. So far so damned good!

Thanks be to the saints that Schumacker ain't directing this one...

You know alot of people are saying it isn't dark enough, I gotta ask how you come to this conclusion? It's a freakin' 1 minute trailer, you can't even come close to gauging what the final product will be. I don't even think they've completed principal shooting yet, we should be glad we even have the 1 minute trailer.

Also, you have to take into account that to sell the movie you can't make it as dark as the comics, even though I agree that'd be awesome, 90% of the movie-going public doesn't read Batman comics. If they make the film too dark, it won't sell, people in general won't understand the the dark overtones and people are usually fearful of things they don't understand.

Bane would be awesome, but they ruined that with last film. I'm pretty sure Ras AL Ghul is played by Ken Watanbe, but I dunno if he's the main villian. I know Jonathon Crane (AKA the Scarecrow) is supposed to be a villain as well.

The main villian this time is Bat-Mite. (Well, the main conflict is with Bat-Mite, he's not really a villian.. ) I guess he'll be mostly CG. It's a new way to go, a funny main storyline contrasted with the interleaving Ras Al Ghul seriousness...

I just hope the rumours about Bat-Mite becoming Robin in the next film are wrong.

damn love that logo. all-star cast, looks grim and gritty. almost seems like they're redoing batman like they did with jack ryan in sum of all fears (even has morgan freeman in it again). i hope this movie erases my memory of batman returns and batman and robin permanently. the trailer makes the setting look so... bohemian??? anyways, the frank miller-esque suit and cowl shows at least their headed in the right direction.
also, is michael caine alfred?

I hope it turns out good...but the new Batmobile is atrocious. When I saw the first pics, I thought that it was some sort of military vehicle. The Batmobile from the earlier movies rocks, though, with the big sleek fins. As a matter of fact, the Batmobile used in "Batman Returns" is housed just a few miles away from my house at the Tallahassee Antique Car Museum. One of the DeLoreans from Back to the Furure is there, too.

I was at CCI and went to the Batman panel... it's odd they didn't have this out in time for it. As a trailer, it's pretty weak. The only thing that makes it good is the fact that I am a huge Batman fan.

David Goyer spoke about the script and from the way he answered questions, I think this movie is gonna be a hit with some and will most likely disappoint others. It's still "an interpretation" and, like was said above, loosely based on Year One events.

Now as to why they don't just do Year One? Good question. And the answer is because of The WB. Sigh.

Now, the Sin City footage that was at SDCC... that's a comic book geek's dream come true.

How are they shooting Sin City? I was really hoping they had fantastically pushed the contrast in Hellboy to get Mignola's blacks and flats across, (though I realize that would really limit the audience and would also require an astronomical amount of frame by frame tweaking to work...

When I heard Sin City was being done, I dared to hope again...

[quote name='soulyogurt']The main villian this time is Bat-Mite. (Well, the main conflict is with Bat-Mite, he's not really a villian.. ) I guess he'll be mostly CG. It's a new way to go, a funny main storyline contrasted with the interleaving Ras Al Ghul seriousness...

I just hope the rumours about Bat-Mite becoming Robin in the next film are wrong.[/quote]

Are you sure? I haven't heard anything about Bat-mite being the main villian or even a villain. Last I heard it was going to Ras & Drucard giving Wayne his training and training, then he as the main conflict with the Scarecrow once he becomes actually dawns the Bat costume.

Sorry, I missed the Year One story. Is this new Batman film going to be based upon how Bruce Wayne became Batman? Such as all the training that he went through that led up to him becoming Batman?

Trailer was kinda short. Love to see more of it.

Next film: AVP.

if you think about it, maybe the atv-batmobile is a sensible choice of vehicle for this movie. The trailer shows a bunch of mountainous terrain, so imagine the traditional batmobile moving around in that. It wouldn't work and it'd look pretty outta place. And i sure as hell hope the mat-mite reference was a joke. If not, throw the screenplay out the window. Bat-Mite is not even Mr. Mxyzptlk status. Ra's is a good villain choice. Bane is a mediocre character that was already ruined by the scum that was Batman & Robin. Bane was best in Knightfall... come to think of it, that setting looks like Azrael-ish territory doesn't it?

Surely the mountain stuff is just Bruce Wayne seeking out his training and all that.

I'm just kidding about Bat-Mite, of course.

[quote name='soulyogurt']I'm just kidding about Bat-Mite, of course.[/quote]
Seeing as to how WB and Schumaker messed up Batman, it could never be ruled out. >=J I half-believed that too... I need to sleep.

Well hopefully Chris Nolan will do a kick ass job on this movie. I love the first 2 Batman movies, and I thought Memento was an excellent movie. So I have high expectations for this movie, and hopefully won't be dissapointed.

Batman and Robin was just trash in my opinion, and I didn't like George Clooney as Bruce....

bread's done
Back