Batman: The Dark Knight - Movie Thread - $158.3 Million First Weekend

[quote name='Snake2715']I cant wait, the wife will be there or she wont. I could care less as I want to see this movie this weekend... opening night not so much as I have big deals on Friday but Friday I will see it.[/quote]

Funniest post of the year.

[quote name='2Fast']

Ledger's performance is breathtaking and depressing. The whole movie, I could not help but notice how this role contributed to his death; he is totally immersed in this part.
[/QUOTE]

Yup. I read an interview with Verne Troyer (Mini-Me), who has a role in the movie Ledger was filming when he died. He said even when he was finished with Batman, he was still totally immersed in the role and couldn't sleep at night.

Here is the interview:
http://perezhilton.com/2008-07-16-mini-me-opens-up
I can't wait to see his performance. I didn't like Batman Begins much, but I am extremely interested in seeing his performance..... this goes back to even before his death; even before then, I couldn't wait to watch it. It just seemed perfect for him.

[quote name='2Fast']Right now, I am dumbfounded by what I just saw. I did not come out of the theater hooting and hollering, but simply at a loss for words. [/quote]When I walked out of the theater for Batman Begins very quietly, then I said to my friend in an even voice, "that was fucking badass."

How many "+" would you say The Dark Knight is in comparison?

[quote name='GrimNecroWizard']I saw this movie last night and I'll tell you now it is the fuckING SHIT! The best PG13 movie I have ever seen. Heath Ledger plays the joker very well because the story is so dark but when he comes on screen there was almost always a transition in my mood. It could have been rated R if they showed more of the gore and the killing.

I was just wondering if someone could tell me what happens to 2 face in the comic books since I haven't read them.[/quote]

What happens to two-face in which series of comics? Lots of things happen to him in many different comic arcs. If you want Dent-centric series, may I suggest the Last Halloween.

[quote name='Fuzi0n']Was able to pick up 2 tickets to the midnight showing on Imax. I'm excited.[/quote]

:wall:

Imax in Harrisburg, PA doesn't have anything available until Sunday at 11:30 p.m., that's right, Sunday, at almost midnight. I was speechless.

[quote name='GrimNecroWizard']I saw this movie last night and I'll tell you now it is the fuckING SHIT! The best PG13 movie I have ever seen. Heath Ledger plays the joker very well because the story is so dark but when he comes on screen there was almost always a transition in my mood. It could have been rated R if they showed more of the gore and the killing.

I was just wondering if someone could tell me what happens to 2 face in the comic books since I haven't read them.[/quote]
You mean how he became two face? Basically he was prosecuting a gotham city crime lord, when they were in court the guy got pissed and threw a flask full of acid in Dent's face, causing the scarring. His mental problems have changed over the years, i think now they're going with him being abused by his father when he was younger and having duel personalities, he can't make decisions without flipping a coin.

[quote name='Gentlegamer']When I walked out of the theater for Batman Begins very quietly, then I said to my friend in an even voice, "that was fucking badass."

How many "+" would you say The Dark Knight is in comparison?[/quote]

a million. I thought Begins was meh, but TDK is the shit, so much more action.

I really need to catch some sleep before the movie, but I am too excited. I would really be surprised if this movie out performs Iron Man. I am sure Marvel will be SHOCKED if that happens.

I just looked on Fandango, Every local Theater is SOLD OUT of Midnight and 3 A.M showings

so I just bought one for Sunday at NOON

With all the Hype and INCREDIBLE reviews, do you guys think that Box Office records will be broken? I havent been to a movie in theater in a year, but I could not pass this up

Never been to a midnight opening before. Do they make you wait outside the theater or do they let you in the room since no other movies would be shown and it is chaos outside?

[quote name='Kendro']Never been to a midnight opening before. Do they make you wait outside the theater or do they let you in the room since no other movies would be shown and it is chaos outside?[/quote]They likely will have a line formed outside prior to 1030ish, then let you in to wait for midnight.

[quote name='Gentlegamer']When I walked out of the theater for Batman Begins very quietly, then I said to my friend in an even voice, "that was fucking badass."

How many "+" would you say The Dark Knight is in comparison?[/quote]

I say they're both completely, fundamentally different movies in every aspect, but The Dark Knight is much better - and I LOVE Batman Begins.

I can't imagine anyone who really liked Batman Begins not totally loving The Dark Knight.

Agreed, and stay away from Wiki. That was a step by step account of what happens. Course, it doesn't come close to the feeling you get seeing it play out. I can't wait to go again with my girlfriend this weekend.

I can't wait!
Movie starts at midnight, not sure when to get there though.
I'd rather not wait a long time in line, so I think I'll just head out at 11.

There is one more midnight showing not sold out around here...I already have plans to go wtih friends tomorrow, but other friends want to go to the midnight one. Decisions decisions

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Well, I'm staying off of any Dark Knight-related webpage until I get back from the theater tommorrow night.

Yow![/quote]
noobtoob fan?

[quote name='JohnnyFoxDarko']Why can't it be midnight yet? :[[/quote]

Well don't you know it's midnight somewhere in the world?

Fantastic.

The cousin I'm supposed to be seeing the midnight showing with right now had the cops show up at his door half an hour ago (presumably about his brother) and my family is having a tiff. I just got back from the theater a few minutes ago...where I had to get a refund...for my most anticipated movie in years.

Just fantastic.

What the balls, my theatre's insanely packed.

Wouldve saw it, but I really didn't want to make the effort to sneak in to watch it either standing up, or sitting Indian style on the floor for the ENTIRE movie.

instead, I'm going first thing tomorrow morning.

I've seen it twice. Once Tuesday night and once on Wednesday night. I plan to see it again on Sunday. It's nothing short of amazing. The theater sold out of the four late night shows tonight. So many people walked in to get turned down. I can't way to see this in IMAX.

[quote name='JohnnyFoxDarko']noobtoob fan?[/quote]

I don't know what that is.

Yeah, I know I said I wasn't coming back to the page, but nobody could be back from a midnight showing yet, so I'm safe. :applause:

Pretty great.

Two problems, though.

The Joker doesn't wear makeup, and Two Face wasn't burned.

It was fantastic, though.

Just came back from a midnight screening. Good movie but it was really hard to follow at times because there is just so much that is thrown at you. Though I can see why critics might say this is superior to the original, just going by sheer enjoyment I found Batman Begins to be the better movie.

I really feel that
there wasn't enough Two Face, at all. I mean, he did a coin flip for what, 4 people post-accident? That's hardly enough to end the character at the end of the movie, IMO. I'm glad there was as much Joker as there was given the circumstances, but still.

I do wonder what they'll do with the Joker character in the future films, though. Will they avoid the whole Harley Quinn storyline, as well as the rest of his character, completely?

I just came back from the midnight showing.

Wow, just wow. Despite reading the spoilers at the wiki site, there was more to this movie than it said and what the trailers showed.

I was truely impressed on the way Joker was one or two steps ahead of everyone and that everything he was doing went according to his master plan

HL performance was absolutely amazing. The cast and crew wasn't just bragging about it because of his death, they were really honest about it and he was just amazing playing the part.

Did anyone get that Nod to the first batman (burton) film where batman was heading towards the joker in the batplane and the joker taughting him but in this film Batman was on the pod and the Joker was taughting him in the streets?

This movie had a really good story. This was better than Iron Man.

It was an awesome movie, I'll say that. BUT the entire movie is just depressing, I couldn't find one feel good moment the entire time. Every decision made comes back and bites somebody in the ass, hard.

[quote name='untouchablemike']Incredible. Ledger will be in Oscar talks for sure. Brilliant. Better than Jack? Dunno yes.[/QUOTE]
fixed

Personally, I don't think Harvey's dead. They never straight up said he was dead, they just showed his presumed funeral. He's probably hidden somewhere.

This film is a masterpiece, simply put. Top Notch acting, Heath SHOULD win the oscar. Great story, plot development, everything.

Only bad thing: 4 years until the next one (presumably)

Do you guys really think that Two-Face is dead? I can't decide if he really is or not. Seems like they killed him off, but they don't ever really show what happens to his body (just a memorial service). I can't help but wonder if he's still alive.

[quote name='2Fast']
Do you guys really think that Two-Face is dead? I can't decide if he really is or not. Seems like they killed him off, but they don't ever really show what happens to his body (just a memorial service). I can't help but wonder if he's still alive.
[/quote]

He was still breathing

The memorial was for Harvey Dent, not Two Face ;)
Plus they never actually said he was dead, just said "Joker killed the best of us" hence Harvey, not Two Face

[quote name='red flare graf']Movie of the decade for me, no joke.[/quote]

I was thinking something like that as well.

The last time I came out of a theater so enthralled was The Bourne Ultimatum but before that, nothing.

Basically I think they probably his Two Face away in Arkham asylum. The's gonna be the main villain in the 3rd, and Joker is gonna be locked up in there too, but only have a big enough role to introduce Harley Quinn, and get that plot rolling, But of course I hope I'm wrong, because Heath can't be replaced.

[quote name='Rocko']Pretty great.

Two problems, though.

The Joker doesn't wear makeup, and Two Face wasn't burned.

It was fantastic, though.[/quote]
That's up for debate. There is more than one origin of how the Joker became the Joker.
Just got back at around 3:45, it was insane.
I left home before 11 for the midnight showing, I get there and I literally have to go to the very back of the entire THEATER. Not only that, but once I'm close to the entrance, there is still a full line of people circling the entire theater. It was insane.
The other thing that was insane was that a couple feet in front of me, they announced that there was no more room (This was at 12:30), only some seats up front, and even then, the movie had already started. Some showings were even 30 minutes in. They asked everyone to go home and there would be a refund. People got pissed, and I was fucking pissed. I marched right up (
kimbo.png
) and said that I demanded to see the movie. So me and the people around me got into some good seats, and the movie still hadn't started. (I missed the Watchmen trailer though! :[ Good thing is I'm going again soon to watch it again.)

The movie? It was spectacular. It was a bit long, but it was so great through out the whole thing. It was just nonstop. Phenomenal acting, score, style; it was hardly like any comicbook/superhero movie I had ever seen.

[quote name='tokitoki50']It was an awesome movie, I'll say that. BUT the entire movie is just depressing, I couldn't find one feel good moment the entire time. Every decision made comes back and bites somebody in the ass, hard.[/quote] Well Batman is a dark comic. It is kind of horrifying for a pg-13 flick though.

Words cannot describe. Even my friends who were gearing up to be disappointed (to balance the rabid expectations I and my other friend had) came out acknowledging it was phenomenal.

bread's done
Back