Battalion Wars GC Gamestop $9.99 new

Great game in that its a lot of fun. Not to hard not to easy.

Get this as it has a decent story told through cut scenes.

And you might want to know the story if you plan on getting the Wii online sequal Battalion Wars 2.

I actually really enjoyed this game. Hell of a lot of fun sometimes. And I look forward to killing as many cags as possible when it comes out later this year.

That's an older than old price. BW dropped quite a few months ago, along with Chibi Robo. I think this was around December, when they had the DK Bongos on sale with DK Jungle Beat and/or Donkey Konga 1/2.

Is Geist still $10 new?

It was dropped along with Chibi Robo, Batallion Wars, etc. for $10 a couple of months ago, but I thought that was a sale price.

So its a decent game? hmm i might pick up it now that I have a wii. by the way what are some MUST get games for gamecube? Never had a GC but now I do with the Wii :). (no mario games, other ones)

[quote name='Chanash']So its a decent game? hmm i might pick up it now that I have a wii. by the way what are some MUST get games for gamecube? Never had a GC but now I do with the Wii :). (no mario games, other ones)[/QUOTE]
Even if you don't like Mario games, I would highly recommend Super Smash Brothers: Melee. Other than that I can recommend Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance, The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker, Metroid Prime 1 and 2, and Tales of Symphonia.

-Eternal Darkness
-Chibi Robo (look at video first its quirky)
-Resident Evil 0 1 and 4. I rented PS2 version and played that first then the -Cube version. It is really bad.
-Baten Keitos is fun
-Zelda Wind Waker
-Star Fox Assault and Adventures are fun. Not great but fun.
-Skies of Arcadia
-F Zero GX (lots of custimization if youre into that, decent story, amazing graphics.)
-Zelda 4 swords is fun and cheap. Decent single player puzzle game. 4 people not needed.
-Battalion Wars. Great fun great story. A 7 really do to no multiplayer but a must if you want the Wii sequal as its got a fairly deep story.
-Pikmin 2. Dont let the graphics fool you this game is crazy violent. Acid, Robots, Flamethrowers, bombs, et al.
-Star Wars Rogue Squadren. (also great graphics. F Zero, Resident Evil 4 level)
-Metal Gear Solid Twin Snakes (amazing remake with better redone voice acting and 100X better graphics. Plus all PS1 unlockables are there like the tuxedo and ammo bandanna)

Thats all I can think of offhand.

[quote name='Acid Indigestion']There wouldn't happen to be a free shipping code out there, would there?[/QUOTE]

SAVER

(it's on the front page!)

[quote name='xrickyb86x']I thought Geist, BW, Fire Emblem, and ChiBi Robo all dropped to $14.99 before, not $9.99. When did they all drop to $9.99?[/QUOTE]

They all dropped to $14.99, but were on sale for $9.99 the week after Christmas. But all but Geist have been back up to $14.99 since then. And good luck finding Fire Emblem, it seems to have disappeared.

Didnt TRU clearance out all of the games mentioned in this thread to $10 last year? Ive had Battalion Wars, Chibi Robo, Geist, etc for months and I paid $10 for them.

Still, if you dont have them yet, I think theyre all worth $10.

[quote name='xrickyb86x']I thought Geist, BW, Fire Emblem, and ChiBi Robo all dropped to $14.99 before, not $9.99. When did they all drop to $9.99?[/QUOTE]

They have been $10 for weeks and on and off $10 since the sale.

[quote name='Puffa469']Didnt TRU clearance out all of the games mentioned in this thread to $10 last year? Ive had Battalion Wars, Chibi Robo, Geist, ffor months and I paid $10 for them.

Still, if you dont have them yet, I think theyre all worth $10.[/quote]With the inclusion of Fire Emblem I think that these 4 games are such a great "collection". Anyone on the fence should definitely look to purchase them all.

[quote name='xrickyb86x']The only one im interested in getting is BW. I already have FE and geist is fucking horrible.[/quote]

I liked Geist. :(

If you don't like Geist, you won't like BW.

[quote name='RollingSkull']

If you don't like Geist, you won't like BW.[/QUOTE]

What the fuck?

BW is NOTHING like Giest. BW was a good overall storyline that moves the gameplay along, and voice acting. It isn't a complete disaster like Giest was with design. Geist would have been an average game if it were not the fact they didn't check for mistakes. I get stuck in a staircase? That's lame and badly done. For $10 through I think almost any game is worth a try that isn't named after a TV show or movie, or Barbie.

[quote name='David85']BW is NOTHING like Giest. BW was a good overall storyline that moves the gameplay along, and voice acting. It isn't a complete disaster like Giest was with design. Geist would have been an average game if it were not the fact they didn't check for mistakes. I get stuck in a staircase? That's lame and badly done. For $10 through I think almost any game is worth a try that isn't named after a TV show or movie, or Barbie.[/quote]

BW had dull, repetitive gameplay that focused around your idiot AI comrades. I thought Geist was a superb and unique little game that provided an entertaining experience.

OK. Battalion Wars was anything but dull. It was difficult but reasonably so. I got all S rank BTW.

It had varying units with different strengths, great strategy, varying missions. The units were different in animation and visuals. It is a strategy RTS style game.

If you dont like the idea of controlling a bunch of different units on a map then this might not be for you. BUT it does have race sequences in recon units where you have to escape the enemy. Artiliary units and Air units you can use to destroy the enemy. etc... It has a LOT of variety basically. To many to list.

Also IF you place you're units correctly and give them proper orders then the AI is fine.

Rollingskull I think you're just not very good at the game.

I did think Giest was average with some interesting elements that warrents a try. It IS made by a game that last made Mary kate and Ashley Licensed to drive. ALSO it is much better then the PS2 crap exclusive FPS games. Timecrisis 1, Killzone, Mace Griffen all sucked ass on PS2. Geist was much better. It wasnt polished at all but it is fun in many parts.

Possesing a soldier and getting him killed and then just possesing another was fun. This isnt a run and gun game though. Its more puzzle based. A LOT more.

Dude WTF? I wont like BW because I didn't like Geist? That's like saying I wont like God of War if I didn't like Forza. I played both and BW is much better.

I bought Geist last summer when BB clearanced it for 9.99. HORRIBLE. Not only did the game look and play like shit (although it did have very good ideas behind it) but I would be firing my pistol and the sound would cut out on certain shoots. You would seen the gun kick back and no sound would come out of it at all. Buggy, unfinished, crap. Tons of great ideas that went to waste on an obviously rushed project.

I plan to pick up bw one day soon, an dmaybe geist after reading a few review... but I just thought i would mention you should be buy it online... and use the codes mentioned in the tread a few below... credit to, in this order, Abiggs, quercus, and onikage.

25 percent off used: 25USED
25 percent off used: AFF25
Free shipping: SAVER

I'll probably pick it up with free shipping, as i don't like to risk the chances of my used game not working all the way through... enjoy. and don't credit me, thanks go to the people who originally notifide me of these coupon codes.

Picked one up today at my GS. Looking forward to giving it a play this weekend. Thanks OP. BTW Fire Emblem still rang up at $14.99.

[quote name='j.elles']Possesing a soldier and getting him killed and then just possesing another was fun. This isnt a run and gun game though. Its more puzzle based. A LOT more.[/quote]Hmm, this description reminds me of Oddworld: Abe's Exodus... which I ABSOLUTELY LOVED. Is Geist the game for me, or am I seeing similarities that aren't there?

$10 its worth a try. Its got no voice acting and isnt very polished overall(No where near as mad as Mace Griffen Bounty Hunter on PS2). And like I said Mary kate and Ashley Sweet 16 licensed to drive was their last game before this.

That said I did enjoy it. And I recommend it to anyone who can stick with it. I thought it got very good as it went on. I have never played odd world Abes Exodus though so i cant compare.

bread's done
Back