Battery Options

Kfoster1979

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
I am looking into getting a longer life battery, I still have the 1800 and it's not holding a charger as well as it did and I want something that will last longer. Just wanted to know what everyone else is using Sony brand 3rd party? What kind of life are you getting out of them and any recommendations?

Thanks

I'm using the Sony 2200 in addition to the default that came with the system. I've got a charger too so I just swap them out when one dies, no waiting for a recharge.

same here ^^^. paid $18 for a used sony 2200 off amazon and $8 for a charger from playasia. get about 12-15 hours between the two.

kinda off topic but is there any warning when the battery is going to run out in game?

i was playing puzzle quest and the thing just shut off. well first it flashed the no battary for 1 second. and then turned off. luckily puzzle quest saves like all the time.

[quote name='FurryCurry']Is there a 3600 out there?[/QUOTE]
i remember seeing a third party one, but it stuck out from the psp. yuck.

Yeah, the green light blinks when the battery is at 10% or so, but since your thumb will usually be covering it during normal play, it's tough to notice. I tap the HOME button occassionally to check on my battery while playing.

[quote name='brandonabley']Yeah, the green light blinks when the battery is at 10% or so, but since your thumb will usually be covering it during normal play, it's tough to notice. I tap the HOME button occassionally to check on my battery while playing.[/quote]

Yeah, that blinking light bugs the crap out of me. I like it, but I always have to look at it because I don't know whether my battery is running low or my thumb just glanced of it causing it to leave my peripheral vision for a moment.

As for the battery dying. The thing I like about the PSP is that if the battery dies on you, you still have a few minutes to plug it into a charger. Happens to me all the time at home, just turn it back on and start right where you left off.

Yea, when I play, my hand is kind of blocking the LED, but when I know it's close to low, I always double check (annoying really), too bad they don't make it beep or something.

I'm like paddlefoot, when the screen turns black due to low battery, I just plug in the charger. The PSP puts it in sleep mode, but man I was playing Untold Legends and fighting a mini-boss when my battery ran out of charge. I came back just in time to see my character die >__

bread's done
Back