Battle B-Daman

darkwingduck13

CAGiversary!
So, yeah, I had been curious about this title for a while. Why? I dunno...maybe I have an unhealthy fascination with the game Crossfire from when I was a kid. Anyway, I saw it was only $14.99 at Wal-Mart yesterday, and I bought it. So far, I'm actually having a lot of fun with it. Yeah, yeah, I know it's weird, but I've been enjoying the battle system and having fun upgrading the little robot. It's an Atlus title, so the writing is good...and I'm just curious whether anyone else has played either of the B-Daman games that Atlus has released here in the US. There doesn't seem to be much information on either one of them. :whistle2:(

I picked this up recently from GS for $9.99, but don't plan on cracking it open any time soon. I'll get to it eventually, though.

It's kind of funny...it's got much higher production values than I was expecting. Instead of having the repeating tilesets that most GBA RPGs seem to use, it has static, hand-drawn images like an adventure game. You select where to move to off of a menu, who to talk to, etc, and the characters show up as these big (for the GBA) portraits. It's fast and easy to navigate, it's quick to get from one battle to the next, and you can save at any time outside of battle. Granted, you have to like the battle system to get anything out of the game, but I was pleasantly surprised. :) So far, I'm 22 and 0 as far as my record goes. :D

bread's done
Back