Battle-Cars (PSN) - 50% Off Through June 15

Psyonix-DavidB

CAG Veteran
Hey CAGs,

Wanted to let you guys and gals know that we're having a sale on our self-published, flagship title, Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars on PSN.

From May 25, (that's today) through June 15, 2010 you can download Battle-Cars for only $4.99!

Hope to see some of you guys online.

-Cheers

efql28.jpg

[quote name='robbyH']Stupid question: Is this for PS3 or PSP?[/QUOTE]

It is a PSN title for play on the PS3.

Lil' fun fact: upon its initial release, SARPBC (also known as SARB) was the first PSN title to utilize the Unreal Engine. :3

[quote name='volt1up']Has online improved since launch? It was a fun game but online was laggy in the beginning.[/QUOTE]
^^

I'd like to hear form anybody who has purchased it recently

Picked it up, will probably play it with buddies in between breaks of playing Modnation I figure.

There's a YouTube video of gameplay, looked like fun. I did play the demo for around 2 minutes a couple weeks ago to test it out, seemed like a game that would be great with friends, don't know about solo, but then again, I only played it for 2 min, literally.

[quote name='Spooon69']Picked it up, will probably play it with buddies in between breaks of playing Modnation I figure.

There's a YouTube video of gameplay, looked like fun. I did play the demo for around 2 minutes a couple weeks ago to test it out, seemed like a game that would be great with friends, don't know about solo, but then again, I only played it for 2 min, literally.[/QUOTE]

"A youtube video...?" Oh man, there's a friggin' slew of them.
Use any of the following search terms:

• SARB
  • Battle-Cars
  • SARPBC
  • Aerial Goal
That should generate a few vids. :mrgreen:

I haven't had any major problems... I did have to leave a game once tho because of lag. I'm more than sure it was on someone else's end, not the server itself.

By the way, today I hit the ball at midfield and it was going straight for our own goal, I tried to speed up and knock it away but didn't get there in time. Instant replay let everyone see it all happen... how embarrassing LOL

I purchased this the last time it was one sale for $4.99 (so about a year ago, maybe? Or was it six motnhs ago...)

Anyway, the on-line was smooth as butter. No lag and a total blast to play.

[quote name='x9248']I haven't had any major problems... I did have to leave a game once tho because of lag. I'm more than sure it was on someone else's end, not the server itself.

By the way, today I hit the ball at midfield and it was going straight for our own goal, I tried to speed up and knock it away but didn't get there in time. Instant replay let everyone see it all happen... how embarrassing LOL[/QUOTE]

I did that quite a few times when I started playing. You'll hit the ball so hard that it'll bounce off the wall above the goal and head right back for your goal, right? Total facepalm moment when it happens. LOL

[quote name='peanut_gallery']I purchased this the last time it was one sale for $4.99 (so about a year ago, maybe? Or was it six motnhs ago...)

Anyway, the on-line was smooth as butter. No lag and a total blast to play.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, we issued a sale back in mid October '09 to celebrate the game's 1st Birthday.

Keep the questions, comments, concerns, love/hate mail comin' folks. I'll be sure to be here to respond.

-Cheers

I bought it a few minutes ago. Even sent a tweet @PlayStation to tell them to let their followers know that you guys have it on sale again too. :)

[quote name='xilly']I bought it a few minutes ago. Even sent a tweet @PlayStation to tell them to let their followers know that you guys have it on sale again too. :)[/QUOTE]

Oh, heck yeah! Thanks a bunch, xilly. You get a Gold Star for the day! :applause:

(don't know how many people will get that...back in the day, teachers used to give you a generic gold foil sticker on your assignments if you did a stellar job)

The price on Amazon is still $10. Any chance you could get the Amazon price to drop to $5? I don't have any PSN credit but have plenty of Amazon credit.

[quote name='warfox33']The price on Amazon is still $10. Any chance you could get the Amazon price to drop to $5? I don't have any PSN credit but have plenty of Amazon credit.[/QUOTE]

I've been workin' on it. The form I submitted to SCEA included the sale to hit Amazon. So I'm not really sure what happened, but I did shoot SCEA an email about it. We'll see what happens.

[quote name='warfox33']Cool, thanks a lot. If it drops on amazon, I'll buy it.[/QUOTE]

Amazon sells $10 PSN cards now, the sale is good till June 15th, so you'll definitely receive them in time.

[quote name='Psyonix-DavidB']Oh, heck yeah! Thanks a bunch, xilly. You get a Gold Star for the day! :applause:

(don't know how many people will get that...back in the day, teachers used to give you a generic gold foil sticker on your assignments if you did a stellar job)[/QUOTE]

I can't pass on $4.99! Thanks again for the sale! :applause:

[quote name='Psyonix-DavidB']I did that quite a few times when I started playing. You'll hit the ball so hard that it'll bounce off the wall above the goal and head right back for your goal, right? Total facepalm moment when it happens. LOL
[/QUOTE]

I wish that was the case but it was worse. We were on the offensive and the other team knocked it away high up in the air towards midfield. I zoomed to go get it but it landed right in front of me and I whacked it pretty good straight toward our goal. Since I used my boost to get there I was out and couldn't catch up to it in time :cry:

I wanted to apologize so bad but I don't have a mic, I just sat there feeling guilty (yea we lost by 1 in the end). I wish PSN online games also used text entry like MMO games ;)

I'm getting better tho LOL!

Tried out the demo, and was pleasantly surprised. It's like playing with RC racer cars but you can do crazy stunts and the addition of rockets is just too awesome. Thanks to all the CAGs recommending this. This game is just pure fun.

Will try the demo when I get home, question for you if I buy it from Amazon at 9.99 do you get more money or is that Amazons?

Finally got around to playing it and it is awesome. Couldn't get into an online game, but it was 3 A.M. It is true these battlecars are fully supersonic, acrobatic and rocket powered. It Rocks. Thanx

I bought it too. Lots of fun, although I'm clearly not good enough to play online yet, I felt bad for the guy who had to be my teammate when I tried.

Would anyone be interested in a cag newbie night since a lot of us have bought it recently?

[quote name='rvdrock']Will try the demo when I get home, question for you if I buy it from Amazon at 9.99 do you get more money or is that Amazons?[/QUOTE]

Let me put it this way: Amazon has to make some money, then after Amazon takes their share, then it goes to Sony and then we get our share.
So now, apply that to a PSN game that is on sale for $4.99. Heck, even at $9.99 its not like we're all driving mazaratis to work. In fact, I actually carpool with the animators to and fro.

[quote name='Velo214']Finally got around to playing it and it is awesome. Couldn't get into an online game, but it was 3 A.M. It is true these battlecars are fully supersonic, acrobatic and rocket powered. It Rocks. Thanx[/QUOTE]

Glad to hear that you're enjoying the game. And yes they are supersonic, acrobatic and rocket powered. So it's not just a clever name. ;)

[quote name='x9248']I wish that was the case but it was worse. We were on the offensive and the other team knocked it away high up in the air towards midfield. I zoomed to go get it but it landed right in front of me and I whacked it pretty good straight toward our goal. Since I used my boost to get there I was out and couldn't catch up to it in time :cry:

I wanted to apologize so bad but I don't have a mic, I just sat there feeling guilty (yea we lost by 1 in the end). I wish PSN online games also used text entry like MMO games ;)

I'm getting better tho LOL![/QUOTE]

Ahahaha. Yeah, I've been there too. I don't have a headset yet either. So when I play the game at home on my personal PSN account and something like that happens to me, I can't help but envision everyone else on my team doing somthing a little similar to this:

4sfl7m.jpg

Thanks to everyone who has posted in this thread, joined our forums and purchased the game/demo. When sales like this are successful, it gives us reason to support the title and hold future sales.

[quote name='Psyonix-DavidB']So now, apply that to a PSN game that is on sale for $4.99. Heck, even at $9.99 its not like we're all driving mazaratis to work. In fact, I actually carpool with the animators to and fro.[/QUOTE]
I assumed you drove Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket Powered Battle-Cars to work.

[quote name='Unrealevil']I assumed you drove Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket Powered Battle-Cars to work.[/QUOTE]

Hahaha.
Clever, but sadly, no.

Also, to give you guys an update I was just drafting a follow up email to SCEA to see what the hang up was with Amazon not having dropped their price yet, then I realized that SCEA is closed today in observance of Memorial Day.
But fear not, I'll keep you all posted. :)

Any news on a future update along the lines of the previous one you did that added the ship and colosseum maps?

[quote name='aots16']Any news on a future update along the lines of the previous one you did that added the ship and colosseum maps?[/QUOTE]

Sorry, no news on that front.
However, I did follow up with SCEA who in turn, will be following up with Amazon and see if they can get Amazon to have their price reflect the price on PSN.

Sorry for the lack of updates. Super tired...was up until 4AM playing Battle-Cars last night and 3AM the night before, playing Record of Agarest War.

Nice to see CAGs jumpin on this game. I thought it was well worth the 15 bucks I payed for it at launch.

Btw you guys have done a great jump updating this game with free tracks. Also what's next for Psyonix?

I have had the demo since it came up, but never bit. At 5 bucks I really don't see how I can stop myself from making the upgrade. It'd just be inhumane.

WAIT:

So it turns out if you enter a code for a game while another game is in your cart it will check out the game in cart as you redeem the code. . . Good to know. . .

Last edited by a moderator:
yes, yes it did. also 2 new arenas to play in. one modeled after a pirate ship of sorts and a collousem type soccer field

I bought this game during the last sale and I must say, it is by far the best $5 I have ever spent on a game. I play this game weekly with friends. It's extremely simple to pick up, difficult to master, and really just captures the essence of what makes sports games fun.

What I would give for a sequel! Buy the game and play with some friends or hop online!

Thanks for the kind words everyone. I'm super stoked you are all jumping on the sale, and will try to start playing online with you guys a little more frequently, be it my personal PSN ID or one from the office (9/10 times the ID will have Psyonix in the tag and be accompanied by a gold star next to the name). :D

Do we have any CAGs from across the pond in here?

thanks for the amazon heads up, ive been lazy on getting this but glad i waited. Hope that amazon referral link for CAG is valid as well as I used that.

bread's done
Back