Battle Field 3 - Closed Quarters Free on all platforms

Thanks OP! Its not available yet on xbox . Tried going to the marketplace and get the "Ooops! What happened to this page?"

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks OP! Its not available yet on xbox yet. Tried going to the marketplace and get the "Ooops! What happened to this page?"
I think on consoles it needs to be purchased through the in-game store (sorry, I can't remember where I saw it). Anyway, it should be free during the entire week, so there is time to get it

I got it from the in-game store for the xbox 360, downloading it now! :) Thank you for the heads up!

Sweet, looks like I'll be starting Battlefield 3 as my next game, especially with the double XP going into effect.

*edit* Oops, never mind, that's for Premium members only.

For PC owners of BF3:

Get on Origin.

Click "Origin" in upper-left hand corner.

Click Redeem Product.

Type code "BF3E3."

It's yours.

I think on consoles it needs to be purchased through the in-game store (sorry, I can't remember where I saw it). Anyway, it should be free during the entire week, so there is time to get it
Sadly that's what it says and looks to be the case, only one of the expansions not available through the PSN store. Hoping BF3 either comes to PS+ or come across it for under $10 at some point, and CQ is by far the best expansion if I only could have one. I wonder if the full game trial will let me buy it for when one of those events occur.

I think the link above is just a compatibility update. The actual "key" can be found on the dash under "games" (it is a small kb file).

Thanks for the heads up, OP! I grabbed this last night via the in-game store. For anyone wondering, it includes, ten new weapons, four maps, and a new gadget.

I hope it's part of the base game but agree that the large scale conquest gameplay is still the heart of BF.

Edit- UGH, took over an hour to patch the stupid game during which time the free trial expired and now I'm left unable to even see if I can claim CQ...

Not working for me on xbox 360, doesn't appear in the xbox marketplace or the in game store, however it did show the message saying it was free.

Yeah this is strange. On the 360 it tells you Closed Quarters is free for E3 but then it cannot be found in the store. Anyone have any idea where it can be found?

Edit: I found it through the xbox.com....hopefully that works. Nothing like 6GB of downloads to start the day.

"Closed Quarters", LOL.

"Find a bunk and get some shuteye before morning, men. The only easy day was yesterday."

"Sarge! The door's locked. The quarters are closed! WHAT'LL WE DO?!?

"$#@! We'll have to fight our way in! LOCK AND LOAD!"

Yeah this is strange. On the 360 it tells you Closed Quarters is free for E3 but then it cannot be found in the store. Anyone have any idea where it can be found?

Edit: I found it through the xbox.com....hopefully that works. Nothing like 6GB of downloads to start the day.
How? I found the link but when I click it it says "Oop's, what happened to this page?"

How? I found the link but when I click it it says "Oop's, what happened to this page?"
Try this. It should allow you to select Close Quarters content update. There are like 20 add-ons

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Battlefield-3/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80245410950?DownloadType=GameAddon#LiveZone

Try this. It should allow you to select Close Quarters content update. There are like 20 add-ons

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Battlefield-3/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80245410950?DownloadType=GameAddon#LiveZone
Yeah I found that but isn't the content update separate from the expansion pack? On xbox.com if you search Battlefield 3 Close Quarters you will see Battlefield 3: Close Quarters then Battlefield 3: Close Quarters content update.

Yeah I found that but isn't the content update separate from the expansion pack? On xbox.com if you search Battlefield 3 Close Quarters you will see Battlefield 3: Close Quarters then Battlefield 3: Close Quarters content update.
Hmmm. That is strange. I only get the content update when I seach. I guess I will try to play one of the Close Quarters maps to see if it works.

If you do not see Close Quarters in the store (by game) you have to download "Multiplayer Update 6" - http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Battlefield-3-Multiplayer-Update-6/8470d897-0f79-4ab3-b5dc-6ce6af653723
After downloading go to the store and Close Quarters will appear, is about 100kb file

If you do not see Close Quarters in the store (by game) you have to download "Multiplayer Update 6" - http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Battlefield-3-Multiplayer-Update-6/8470d897-0f79-4ab3-b5dc-6ce6af653723
After downloading go to the store and Close Quarters will appear, is about 100kb file
Yep I was just about to come back and say this. It is there after downloading the update now. Thanks!

Oh ok I had a feeling that was the case, thanks for the info!

I had already downloaded the Close Quarters Content Update (via Xbox.com) but Close Quarters itself wasn't showing up on either Xbox.com or the in-game store on the Xbox itself. Now it's showing up on both - at 1200 points.

I thought this stuff only happened on PSN, but I forgot that MS and Sony are switching places from here on out.

I had already downloaded the Close Quarters Content Update (via Xbox.com) but Close Quarters itself wasn't showing up on either Xbox.com or the in-game store on the Xbox itself. Now it's showing up on both - at 1200 points.

I thought this stuff only happened on PSN, but I forgot that MS and Sony are switching places from here on out.
Blog post says "0 cost at the in-game store" through June 18/19 depending on region. But it is showing 1,200 MS.

For PC owners of BF3:

Get on Origin.

Click "Origin" in upper-left hand corner.

Click Redeem Product.

Type code "BF3E3."

It's yours.

Thanks OP. Just downloaded now for FREE on PC Origin. So its not just Free during E3 week (=

Oh hey, you don't have to own BF3 to take advantage of this deal. Didn't know that. Just put the code in now and it worked! Guess I'll get access to the content when I get to getting BF3.

Blog post says "0 cost at the in-game store" through June 18/19 depending on region. But it is showing 1,200 MS.
Exactly. Most.. expensive... free... DLC... ever...

The good news is that they seem on track to be "Worst Company in America" three years in a row.

Someone posted on the Battlefield blog that they contacted EA support after not being able to d/l the CQ DLC for free (X360) and that support gave them a code for it. Worth a try.

Thanks for the heads up. Just seeing it now. But managed to download Origin (while at work) to enter my code. I am ready for some new maps!

Got it on origin but the 360 version isnt working. I got the latest updates. Is contacting them the only option for 360?
I tried contacting EA support. They claim that the promo is valid on Xbox through 6/19 and that everything is correct on their end. "Call Microsoft since they set the prices for DLC - it must be a problem on their end."

Microsoft, of course, says that EA is responsible for the promotion and to contact them directly.

Got it on origin but the 360 version isnt working. I got the latest updates. Is contacting them the only option for 360?
I tried contacting EA support. They claim that the promo is valid on Xbox through 6/19 and that everything is correct on their end. "Call Microsoft since they set the prices for DLC - it must be a problem on their end."

Microsoft, of course, says that EA is responsible for the promotion and to contact them directly.
Well then im just going to forget it, at least I got it on origin. Thanks for the update.

Dang it, why am I always late in seeing things like this :(

I'm guessing this promo just ended 30 mins ago then?

misinformation on top of misinformation from EA/Microsoft. looks like the deal ended 2 days before it was advertised to end. i can say for a fact that it was 1,200 points at the in-game store on both 6/17 and 6/18. i pointed this out to EA and they were basically like "yeah, go pound sand, buddy."

bread's done
Back