Battle of the March 1st RPG's. Shadow Hearts, Grandia, or Kingdom Hearts 2?

VanillaGorilla

CAGiversary!
Feedback
18 (100%)
Personally, I will be picking up both Shadow Hearts: From the New World and Grandia III. Can't go wrong with the 2 best RPG battle systems out there, can you?

Freakin A' - All three are coming out on the same day? That's an RPG Overload.

I'll be starting out w/ KH II (even at full price if I get a worthwhile pre-order bonus). I'll probably wait for SH and Grandia to drop a bit before I pick it up.

Grandia III is coming out in February, but that said I'm getting all three on release, though I'm pretty sure the KH2 date isn't set and wouldn't be surprised if the release date is in April...

I'll get KH2 for sure on day one whenever it comes out, since its my most anticipated game for next year...I might get Grandia III depending on reviews turn out. I'm hoping its as good or better than Grandia II (how I love that game).

I probably won't get Shadow Hearts since I haven't played any of the other ones...yet.

I'll probably pick up Grandia 3 at release. SH: From the New World will definitely be a day-one purchase, if for no other reason than to throw my support behind XSEED (also, the SH series is awesome).

Speaking of XSEED...not sure about WA4 yet. Will wait for the reviews on that one.

As much as I'd like to support XSEED for what they're doing, I will never buy SH:FtNW unless it's really cheap and I'm really bored. KHII I will probably buy the second it's available and Grandia I will buy after a price drop or 2.

I'm definitely picking up KH2. I enjoyed the first greatly, and knowing the second got a near-perfect from Famitsu is pretty much screaming "awesomeness in a PS2 case".

Edit: I totally forgot that I WAS going to say I'll probably pick up SH3 for the XSEED support and I'm generally interested in the time era.

Grandia 3 and KH 2 will drop to $20 sooner or later. However we do not know the kind of print Shadow Hearts 3 will get. Consider the failure of SH2, it is save to assume that the print will be on the low side.

Edit: Suikoden V is also suppose to release around the same time.

I thought Grandia 3 was coming out in March. Meh, even better now. And for everyone who will flock to Kingdom Hearts 2, and have never even touched a Shadow Hearts game, you need some serious gaming counciling. Shadow Hearts: Covenant was, hands down, the best RPG of 2004. Easily the best battle system, and without a doubt, the most interesting characters.

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']I thought Grandia 3 was coming out in March. Meh, even better now. And for everyone who will flock to Kingdom Hearts 2, and have never even touched a Shadow Hearts game, you need some serious gaming counciling. Shadow Hearts: Covenant was, hands down, the best RPG of 2004. Easily the best battle system, and without a doubt, the most interesting characters.[/QUOTE]

I can't speak of SHC but SH was damn amazing... I actually enjoyed it as much as I did KH. Seriously.

The way I see it, KH had a lot of money behind and it still had some gameplay issue (bad camera, sometimes repetitive battles). SH, even though it's from a development team I have never heard of, is unbelievably good- my only major complaint is the dialogue. I wish I had started it earlier, so that I could've finished SHC too.

I know my brother is getting KHII, so I guess I can get SH3.:D

Personally, i'm looking forward to and will be getting all three. I'm mostly wanting Kingdom Hearts II for the continuity, but Grandia III looks the best out of them all. Shadow Hearts III has some mighty big shoes too fill after Shadow Hearts II.

I'm definitely getting Shadow Hearts and Kingdom Hearts 2. Shadow Hearts Covenant was my personal GOTY for 2004, so I'm pumped for the sequel.

I would get Grandia 3 & Kingdom Hearts 2 eventually, but my PS2 broke. I probably still get them when I eventually get another PS2 or a PS3. I didn't like Shadow Hearts Covenent though so there is little chance of me getting SH3.

bread's done
Back