Battleborn + Season Pass + $10 Reward Card for $63 from Best Buy (GCU)

Justincred1ble

CAG Veteran
This is my first post, hopefully it's an alright deal!

I did a search, but I didn't find this particular deal anywhere. If you're a GCU member and you add both Battleborn and the Season Pass to your cart at the Best Buy website, you get your normal 20% on the game and an additional 25% off the season pass.

I haven't seen discounts on season passes outside of gold editions before. Also, with GCU you get the $10 rewards card for preordering. You're realistically able to get the game and season pass for $53 when its all said and done.

I don't like traditional MOBAs, but I can play Smite with the arena and such, and did like stuff like Monday Night Combat and Awesomenauts, but this game definitely pulled me in, the multiplayer is a lot of fun to me and the campaign missions definitely seem replayable with all the characters, it feels like a lot of people didnt really know what this is (or still don't).

They can keep what they have but fix some stuff

Customization is so backward.

No head changes,
Very limited color scheme, most of it monochrome.
Skill "tree" is crap
No weapon loot

Coming from BL they went so far backwards that they fell of the cliff they climbed.
Again, this type of skill tree is quite common for a MOBA. The only things these games have in common is that they are both an FPS made by Gearbox.

Also, this game has a whole other mode of play that isn't MOBA. It's called a campaign.

Again, this type of skill tree is quite common for a MOBA. The only things these games have in common is that they are both an FPS made by Gearbox.

Also, this game has a whole other mode of play that isn't MOBA. It's called a campaign.
Well MOBA sucks than.

The story mode is still using the same skill "tree". That not going to change between modes.

Battleborn is not the game we need, its the game we deserve.  The game for the 3 year old who only eats sugar bomb cereal laced with adderal, drowning in chocolate milk with a tall glass of Mountain Dew on the side.  

Don't need to even look at the screen, just yell a lot and press any button and explosions will soothe that demon in your mind telling you to kill, kill, kill.

Swipe your credit card every 30 minutes to add a mega badge to your characters intergalactic uniform, must have new flair to show off how swiggity swole you are.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't like traditional MOBAs, but I can play Smite with the arena and such, and did like stuff like Monday Night Combat and Awesomenauts, but this game definitely pulled me in, the multiplayer is a lot of fun to me and the campaign missions definitely seem replayable with all the characters, it feels like a lot of people didnt really know what this is (or still don't).
I love smite, 286 hours into it, guess I'll have to give battleborn a fair shot.

I love MOBAs though, used to play DOTA a ton on Warcraft 3

Well MOBA sucks than.

The story mode is still using the same skill "tree". That not going to change between modes.
I'm not sure that's 100% true. The MOBA skill tree is designed to be progressed from scratch every time you start a new game and that wouldn't make sense for a character that progresses through a skill tree over the span of a story mode play-through or two. I've had some exposure to the campaign, but I honestly don't remember.

Because kids today are growing up playing shit mobile games and holding them up as examples of good game design. Parents have a moral obligation to force their children to start playing games on the original NES and wear an onion on their belt... which was the style of the times.
Gimme 5 bees for a quarter.

Hmm I seem to be in the minority, I am having a good bit of fun. But then again this reminds me of Monday Night Combat more than a MOBA.

Man, this possibly the toughest purchase choice I've had to deal with in years.

Played the Battleborn beta, it's pretty awesome and that GCU price is great. But Overwatch looks even better. And I only can spare money for one.

Choices, choices...

I was so ready to pounce on the deal until I found out the game, even the solo/campaign is online only and needs a constant internet connection.

For some reason that sours the deal, especially with how much fun I have with this game's beta.

Played the Battleborn beta, it's pretty awesome and that GCU price is great. But Overwatch looks even better. And I only can spare money for one.

Choices, choices...
I think Overwatch is Multiplayer Only, but you get all the a characters at start along with the promise of more maps, and etc being released regularly without the need of a season pass.

Choices, choices...
Get Battleborn, play the crap out of it and trade it in and put it towards the pre-order of Overwatch. Use the $10 RZ cert you get from pre-ordering Battleborn. Probably end up paying a $5 for a rental. There should be an open beta for Overwatch early May for you to try out to see if you want Overwatch over Battleborn.

Played the Battleborn beta for a couple days, tried a few different characters and found the game insanely boring. Sucks because I was pretty pumped for the game. I'm hoping Overwatch doesn't disappoint.

I liked Battleborn single player coop but hated the Moba inspired multiplayer

This game has flop written all over it

More games would succeed if they promised free DLC instead of season pass ??? At launch

I liked Battleborn single player coop but hated the Moba inspired multiplayer
This game has flop written all over it
More games would succeed if they promised free DLC instead of season pass ??? At launch
And knowing 2K the season pass will only offer a very limited amount of dlc

Considering the price, you're probably right. But let's not act like all 2K games have had lacking dlc. Borderlands dlc, except the Pre-Sequel, was pretty awesome.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 4 using Tapatalk

Considering the price, you're probably right. But let's not act like all 2K games have had lacking dlc. Borderlands dlc, except the Pre-Sequel, was pretty awesome.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 4 using Tapatalk
and the notorious DLC for Borderlands 2 and Evolve where you buy the season pass, but still had to pay for additional DLC content such as characters, and minor maps/missions separately.

The season pass seems to actually be handled well with Battleborn compared to other multiplayer games. Future multiplayer levels and characters will all be free.The season pass is only story levels and gives immediate unlocks for the new characters instead of having to complete challenges to unlock them. It's a good way to do dlc instead of splitting the multiplayer community with map packs like other games do.

It's only a 19.99 season pass which tells you how much they plan to give you- even DOOM is trying to get away with a 40 or 50 dollar MP season pass

Witcher 3 and Fallout 4 were $30 each, and gave you crap tons.
Fallout 4 is now 50 because they realized they could get away with it

Witcher 3 is an anomaly - devs were awesome with free DLC and season pass is more like an expansion pack- not 4 map packs like call of duty for 50 bucks

Fallout 4 is now 50 because they realized they could get away with it

Witcher 3 is an anomaly - devs were awesome with free DLC and season pass is more like an expansion pack- not 4 map packs like call of duty for 50 bucks
Agreed, and I like when DLC is actually an Expansion and not Horse Armor

Pre-ordered got to comander rank 62 in the beta and still really enjoying playing all the different characters. I'm excited about the free updates too including multiplayer maps, modes and characters. The dlc is only adding to the single player but for $15 adding 5 maps at around 30-40 mins (based on the 2 beta story missions) a map is worth it imo.

Try the beta and give all the modes a try around comander rank 10 you'll know if the game is for you.

I think Overwatch is Multiplayer Only, but you get all the a characters at start along with the promise of more maps, and etc being released regularly without the need of a season pass.
I'm going with over watch myself.

I'd imagine even if I didn't get grabbed by a blizzard game and really get into it I'd say I would still get my money's worth of enjoyment out of it. Like heroes of the storm didn't capture me but it was polished real well, easy to play, and it as a wide enough variety in characters I still play it some here and there even now. Most weekdays I play one in the morning when I have my coffee.

And yeah I like getting a wide variety of characters right out of the gate as well.

And unless I'm wrong it's multiplayer only. But I don't care, I wouldn't play battle born for a story either, way too many better single player games I could get for that.

Yeah I think I'm team Overwatch too. Battleborn is basically a reskinned borderlands (which isn't necessarily a bad thing)
I'll pick up overwatch when it's on sale.

How are you getting to $32? The game on console is $60 ($48 GCU). 48-10 credit = $38.

Are you purchasing the $40 PC version?
Yea, never mind.

PC is only $40 digitally for base version through blizzard. Better off buying origins from BB for $48

I pre-ordered in full from $15 cert (The Division / Steal of year in new) and will look to sell. Very disappointed in demo. This game has Ubisoft assassin's creed price drop written all over it. Since I'm sadly already committed so I'll open it and sell pre order DLC as well as game separately.I'll then look to get price match refunds or refund within 45 days. I see this one being lowered in record time like UFC 2. Make some $ and move on. I saw who made this game and instantly gave it my faith. Thank goodness for demos. Pushing the start button at beginning of this game should make toilet flushing sound. It belongs in one.

I pre-ordered in full from $15 cert (The Division / Steal of year in new) and will look to sell. Very disappointed in demo. This game has Ubisoft assassin's creed price drop written all over it. Since I'm sadly already committed so I'll open it and sell pre order DLC as well as game separately.I'll then look to get price match refunds or refund within 45 days. I see this one being lowered in record time like UFC 2. Make some $ and move on. I saw who made this game and instantly gave it my faith. Thank goodness for demos. Pushing the start button at beginning of this game should make toilet flushing sound. It belongs in one.
You're not committed. Those certs will be reissued to you automatically if you cancel you preorder.

Yeah, this is a tough decision for me as well. The co-op story missions were quite fun and I'm starting to get into the MP. These days I don't have much time to get into large SP campaigns and overly competitive MP, but I'm having fun in this game after trying out more characters.

Kinda weird to say since I have yet to be on a winning team in the 6 matches I've played!

I might be pre-ordering this...

The biggest problem with Battleborn is the timeframe it's launching. There are like 6 games coming out in the next 45 days that I want before it. .if it would have launched in February or mid summer, I would have been on it day one.

People must have really low standards to even consider battleborn, its plays like garbage and looks half finished. 

The biggest problem with Battleborn is the timeframe it's launching. There are like 6 games coming out in the next 45 days that I want before it. .if it would have launched in February or mid summer, I would have been on it day one.
it was suppose to come out in february, but the alpha got such a bad reaction they pushed it back to fix it

it was suppose to come out in february, but the alpha got such a bad reaction they pushed it back to fix it
They still didnt really fix it tho, it has improved from alpha (which was a joke) but its still slow confusing and boring.

Yeah I played the beta for a couple days sporadically, it's not for me. Probably wait til it has a deep discount.

I say that now, but once release day nears, my dumb ass will end up getting it anyway.

I hate this argument. I don't even touch the single player in Call of Duty, Battlefield, or mostly any other game that is heavily focused on multiplayer. Why do people want them to waste time and resources on a single player portion when they can better the multiplayer, which is what the game is all about...
Key word: "I"

Heaven forbid someone else has another reason for playing a game!

I really don't get the hate on this, I understand playing the beta and not liking how it plays but calling it a piece of crap makes me wonder what did Gearbox do to personally victimize you. 

The biggest downfall to Battleborn is the timing. If they had released this last year before Smite (on PS4),Paragon, and wasn't competing with Overwatch then I think Battleborn would have been a solid pick up. 

Season pass is reasonable priced in comparison with other season passes. 

P.S. WHY AM I ALWAYS GROUPED UP WITH A MIKO WHO TRIES TOO HARD TO GET KILLS AND NOT FOCUSED ON HEALS?!  :wall:

bread's done
Back