Battlefield 2 (PC) $50 +$15 gift card +t-shirt +headset!

r1s3n

CAGiversary!
At Compusa. Catch it's a mail in gift card I'm guessing usable only in Compusa. But still the Headset, and T-Shirt are still a pretty good deal, especially when most places don't have the headset anymore, and the t-shirt is just extra gravy.

DVD: http://www.compusa.com/products/product_info.asp?product_code=318688&pfp=SEARCH

CD: http://www.compusa.com/products/product_info.asp?ref=cj&product_code=318689&pfp=cat3

I'd order but I don't have the patience to wait for it all.

"Credit to Gamefaqs for the deal" yes...I know

r1s3n

That is a hell of a deal! I would buy it if my computer didn't suck! *Throws brick at computer*

[quote name='el bobo']That is a hell of a deal! I would buy it if my computer didn't suck! *Throws brick at computer*[/QUOTE]
I'm sure that'll help....

Is that headset pictured the same one that everyone's been talking about that comes with pre-orders at some other places?

And would that be the exact same one that came with UT2004 LE? The one with replaceable "earplates" and the separate jacks for the headset and mic or is this one USB?

Damn, too bad they only give you a CompUSA $15 gift card (maybe you should edit the title to point out that it's a free $15 gift card instead of being $35?). Still...good enough deal for me, my friends have been bugging the hell out of me to play the game, so I guess this is the best deal I'll find for it. Just wish the shirt didn't say CompUSA on the front...

Edit: Oh, and it should be noted that you have to cut out the original UPC of the box to recieve the $15 gift card.

Edit2: Wait, has anyone actually looked at the fine print on that rebate form? "Purchase Battlefield 2 game at CompUSA and CompUSA/Good Guys Megastores between 6/22/05 and 6/25/05". Is that going to be valid even when you preorder it from the website?

Hmm... actually, AFAIK, Circuit City's $10 off thing doesn't require you to dice up the box and send in a rebate form and then wait forever for a gift card... maybe I'll just do that instead.

And between 6/22 and 6/25 probably means that you should wait until then just to be on the safe side.

[quote name='el bobo']That is a hell of a deal! I would buy it if my computer didn't suck! *Throws brick at computer*[/QUOTE]

Same here! My graphics card is 128MB ATI 9250, and the requirement is at least 9500...so no dice for me...

Seem like I might save $15 on this deal but will end up spending an additional $150 just to play this game lol...

[quote name='kingtz']Same here! My graphics card is 128MB ATI 9250, and the requirement is at least 9500...so no dice for me...[/QUOTE]
The minimum requirement is an 8500. Although the game won't look pretty, you should be able to run it on a 9250 with all settings on low (I've run it on an x300se smoothly, and that's not much better than a 9250). You could always try the demo if you want to see how it will run.

damn, i was hopping to run it on my laptop..... I got a mobility 9700 128mb (equivalent to 9600xt)

anyone know if that will cut it? i got 1gb ram and PM 1.7ghz

[quote name='XClaude']damn, i was hopping to run it on my laptop..... I got a mobility 9700 128mb (equivalent to 9600xt)

anyone know if that will cut it? i got 1gb ram and PM 1.7ghz[/QUOTE]

The graphics card and RAM would be fine, but that processor won't cut it.

I got a P4M 1.6, 768MB RAM and a 256 6800 Go on my laptop, it ran the demo fine at800x600 w/ everything high, so I'm hoping the final version will be as well.

Yeah man, I was going to download the demo, until I looked at the sys. req. and they stated "at least" a GeForce 5750.

I remember when I thought my PNY 5200 was the shiznit.. damned it...

On my P4 1.7 GHz, 1G RAM, pos GeForce 5200 the BF2 demo ran fine at 8x6 and 10x7. Can't recall what all was enabled for 10x7, but it looked good enough to me. It definitely ran better than BF:V did. Go ahead and try the demo and see. Of course my standards are much lower. I stopped playing the buy a $300 video card game every year after the Voodoo2.

For those wondering, the "minimum requirements" are not the be-all, end-all decision maker. I've seen the game run just fine on FX5200 cards (albiet on lowest settings). The only requirement is that your videocard has PS1.4 support, which is the 8500/GeforceFX5200 and up (sadly, the Geforce 3/4 cards won't work). The game scales extremely well. So try out the demo before giving up on it even if your card isn't "officially" supported.

[quote name='Akkis99']ok my specs are p4 2.8 640 ram 80 gig HD ati 9200 128mb vide card. Can i run this? How will it run? Please let me know[/QUOTE]

download the demo and try it for yourself. You seem to have decent specs aside from the video card

[quote name='Akkis99']well prob is the demo wont work on my comp because of the stupid Ati bug so i cant tell.[/QUOTE]

I have a 9600 and have experienced no bug. download the latest drivers. They just released a new set

I read the gift card info and it says, "Purchase Battlefield 2 Game at CompUSA and CompUSA/Good Guys Megastores between 6/22/05 and 6/25/05". If we pre-order now and the receipt says 6/20/05, will we get our Gift card?

Thanks!

Does this deal work instore? shipping kills the deal for me. after tax and ship it's 60 dollars. My preorder from Amazon is still up at 47 plus no ship no tax minus the tshirt but you still get the headset. I evaluated and I think the Amazon one is a better deal.

i was just about to cancel my order from gamestop because i used value shipping and thought it would take 2 weeks to reach me.. but just checked online and they upgraded it to 2 day shipping! so ill probably get it wednesday. it just too bad that ill be loaded on drugs to fully enjoy it [3 wisdom teeth getting pulled on tuesday]

on the CC deal it says " Free shipping on orders $25 & up. Special Offers $10 Gift Card by mail"

So on the Circuit City deal you should get free shipping. The rebate form specifically saids it is an online deal only not in stores.

I saw the pre-order mic for bf2, it wasn't that impressive. It seemed a little small, but I have no idea about the quality. But hey this is from a guy that spen $40 on his headset. So I am not the smartest guy on the block. :)

I ordered the compusa bundle with 2 day shipping after checking some videos, reading the ign review and playing the demo. So I'm hoping to receive tomorrow or the day after. I paid a little extra but with this deal you get the game, headphones, t shirt and a $15 gift card. Nice.

Does anyone know anything about that BF2 keyboard? Is it even worth getting?

Has anyone actually picked this up in-store today, 6/21/2005? My wife has been to CC and CompUSA and neither one actually had it in-stock.

[quote name='BasketCase1080']works on my p4 3 ghz, 1 gig ram, gf 6800 ultra :)[/QUOTE]

you dont even need a gf 6800 ultra.

I have a 6800 OC and it runs smooth at high settings.
3.2GHz p4
1GB ram.

I hear 2 GB ram really helps for loading in this game but i've found 1 GB more than adequate.

on another note my amazon order is

Shipping estimate: June 25, 2005 - June 26, 2005
Delivery estimate: June 29, 2005 - July 1, 2005

Weird, I thought it wouldve shipped today oh well D:

OK, I checked the link for CompUSA and it has the rebate form and whatnot on the website but there is no mention of a headset being included (I could care less about some shitty T-Shirt). Sooooo, is the headset automatically bundled in the box or is it no longer offered?

The headset was for preorders, since the game is supposed to come out today, it is no longer a preorder.

Son of a bitch! Wasn't on the comp the last couple of days and wasn't really looking out for deals the last time I was. :(

Oh well, I'll have to find a cheap headset I guess.

I got the pre-order box from Fry's with the headset. It looks a little cheap looking (not exactly like the Logitech ones that came with UT2004) and there's no in-line control for muting the mic or volume. Oh well, at least it's another headset.

damn i just downloaded the demo and it wont run on my computer. It tries to switch into video and then crashes.

My specs

P4, 3ghz, 1 gig ram, geforce4 ti 4200 128mb video card..........

:cry: This is the first game i've actually tried to play and couldn't even run at reduced graphic settings. It's lasted me 3 years+ now. ;)

Dam that sucks Shady. You would think a 128 MB card would run it at least at medium settings.

I have an ATI radeon aiw 128 MB and the demo seems to be running smoothly at medium settings. I cranked it up a little with success so far. I was worried after reading some of the problems ATI cards have been having running the game.
Hopefully my bundle arrives today.

Yeah, annoying as all hell that Dice/EA seem to have made pixel shader version 1.4 a requirement. All these old GF4 Ti cards won't run it since they're only pixel shader 1.3 cards. :(

It's a good thing to make higher pixel shader reqs. EQ2 runs on pixel shader 1.0 which is why it runs crappy on even high end computers. It doesn't utilize the next gen cards at all. If you have a GF4 and you expect to run battlefield 2 it's time to upgrade anyway. All you have to do is shell out 150 or so for a Geforce 6600GT and it'll run pretty smooth.

where does it say there that you get a headset? Also what does it look like?

*EDIT*

Looks like it's dead anyway.
Your selected quantity for product number(s) 318688 exceeds current availability. We have automatically updated the quantity to the maximum we can deliver (shipping time may vary if quantity exceeds 1). If you would like to order a larger quantity of item(s) 318688 , click here and fill in the form. A sales representative will contact you.

[quote name='Zoglog']It's a good thing to make higher pixel shader reqs. EQ2 runs on pixel shader 1.0 which is why it runs crappy on even high end computers. It doesn't utilize the next gen cards at all. If you have a GF4 and you expect to run battlefield 2 it's time to upgrade anyway. All you have to do is shell out 150 or so for a Geforce 6600GT and it'll run pretty smooth.[/QUOTE]
Err, not true at all. There's nothing about PS1.4 that can't be done in PS1.3 (and even PS1.1 for the most part), and Everquest 2's performance problems aren't related the the pixel shader version at all, it's just because the engine is horribly unoptimised. There's nothing stopping them from adding lower version pixel shader support to BF2 except that they're being lazy: Half-life 2 and Far Cry support everything from no pixel shaders to PS2.0 and even SM3.0 for Far Cry, and the performance is great in those games for how good they look regardless of your hardware. If anything, locking BF2 support to pixel shader 1.4 is detremental to newer cards since they aren't taking advantage of any of the newer effects that PS2.0 would allow them to. Anyone that bought a new videocard recently is being held back in BF2 because it still supports PS2.0-less 8500/9000 cards...

Oh, and there is no PS1.0. Pixel Shader support started at 1.1, on the Geforce 3.

bread's done
Back