Battlefield 2142 CRASH!

Sarge

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (88%)
Ugh. So I just got BF2142. I installed it correctly, my computer can run it just fine.

I installed the 1.01 patch + the windows hotfix error.

and yet it STILL crashes to desktop with no message or warning.

Help?

[quote name='Sarge']Ugh. So I just got BF2142. I installed it correctly, my computer can run it just fine.

I installed the 1.01 patch + the windows hotfix error.

and yet it STILL crashes to desktop with no message or warning.

Help?[/QUOTE]

There is a Windows security patch that covers up a hole in the system; evidently, 2142 needs it to be uninstalled so it can use its advertising macros properly.

That's the case with the demo, anyway, so I wouldn't be surprised to see it on the retail version.

[quote name='Sarge']how is it possible to uninstall it?[/QUOTE]

Dunno; I'd recommend you don't, though, seeing as it is a security fix for WinXP.

The crashing to the desktop problem is due to the EAX sound options. Turn this off (disable it) in the options area and it will solve your problem. You might also need to turn your sound settings to low, but the EAX sound is the problem. EA never fixed this issue - bunch of morons.

its half off on black friday :whistle2:( But given the fact that the demo of Battlefield 2 took FOREVER to load a map to the point where I aborted it and exited the game told me this game would be slow as hell on my system. So if this is built on the BF2 engine, then it might be even slower.

[quote name='ITDEFX']its half off on black friday :whistle2:( But given the fact that the demo of Battlefield 2 took FOREVER to load a map to the point where I aborted it and exited the game told me this game would be slow as hell on my system. So if this is built on the BF2 engine, then it might be even slower.[/QUOTE]

For me 2142 loads sooooo much faster, cept the first time where it optimizes shaders, that takes a long time, but other than that maps load pretty fast, not as fast as CS:S, but close to it sometimes.

bread's done
Back