Battlefield 2142 Demo Discussion

AK85

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
1.08 GB and a 30 min wait on filecloud, this could be a while.

[quote name='FileCloud']In order to install and play the Battlefield 2142 demo, your system must meet or exceed the following minimum system requirements.

Operating system: Windows XP with latest service pack installed
DirectX 9.0c February 2006 edition (included)
CPU: Intel Pentium 4/AMD Athlon 1.7 GHz or equivalent
RAM: 512 MB
Video Card: 128MB DirectX compliant video card, Pixel shader 2.0 and above. (AGP and PCIe only)
Sound Card - DirectX 9.0c compatible
Hard Drive space: 950MB of space is required to install the demo
Internet connection: 128kbit Cable/DSL connection

In order to play the game at the recommended resolution, detail and performance levels, your computer should match or exceed the following specifications:

Operating system: Windows XP with latest service pack installed
DirectX 9.0c February 2006 edition (included)
CPU: Intel Pentium 4/AMD Athlon 3.0 GHz or equivalent
RAM: 1.5GB
Video Card: 256MB DirectX compliant video card, Pixel shader 2.0 and above. (AGP and PCIe only)
Sound card: Sound Blaster X-Fi series from Creative Labs
Hard Drive space: 950MB of space is required to install the demo
Internet connection: 512Kbit Cable/DSL connection[/quote]
The new titan mode looks like it could be a blast if you were playing with quite a few people that you know and can chat with.

Well I played about an hour, and so far I'd say that it sucks a great deal, the game in general just doesn't feel right. I had over 200 hours on BF2 and at least 100 on BF1942. I really dislike the level in the demo, it is hard to see enemies and the colors on it are just not cool. Also litlte things like the flags being pale yellow and pale green are just stupid, make it an easy color to see. Titan mode is pretty crappy, but I can see it being great in a clan match, but for pubs I'd rather just conquest.

I didn't play bf2 much after the patch that changed the gameplay alot (i could not cope with no jumping and throwing c4 and all that gayness), but this seems like BF2 lately crapified, with most the goodness taken out. I'm gonna play some more and we will see if my opinion changes, but this one map definately makes me not want to buy the game. Also the fact that the demo has no unlocks is pretty stupid, the game feels really bare.

[quote name='coolcps']Well I played about an hour, and so far I'd say that it sucks a great deal, the game in general just doesn't feel right. I had over 200 hours on BF2 and at least 100 on BF1942. I really dislike the level in the demo, it is hard to see enemies and the colors on it are just not cool. Also litlte things like the flags being pale yellow and pale green are just stupid, make it an easy color to see. Titan mode is pretty crappy, but I can see it being great in a clan match, but for pubs I'd rather just conquest.

I didn't play bf2 much after the patch that changed the gameplay alot (i could not cope with no jumping and throwing c4 and all that gayness), but this seems like BF2 lately crapified, with most the goodness taken out. I'm gonna play some more and we will see if my opinion changes, but this one map definately makes me not want to buy the game. Also the fact that the demo has no unlocks is pretty stupid, the game feels really bare.[/quote]

That sucks, I also sunk quite a bit of time into BF2 (around 160 hrs), there for a while it was eat supper then me and a couple friends would put in a solid couple of hours into BF2. We would start up a teamspeak server that way we could all chat freely, create a squad, and go to town. We always look back at how crazy it was, something that I will probably never do again (there just hasn't been a good multiplayer game to catch my intrest).

Well I just played another round, major problem in the demo (servers at least), NO AUTO TEAM BALANCE! And apparently everyone playing the demo is a noob cuz no one would switch teams or even reply to my taunts, so it was 8v24. Even with that though I managed to take a base by myself, killing 10 guys on the way to doing that, all in one life (assault and medic are now one class so I was doin some healing). Got down to just my pistol and had 3 kills with that, it was good fun. One thing I do like is avoiding the mechs as infantry, i havent been in one yet, but it seems as if they see on a high plane of few, so infantry can sneak by them pretty well (or everyone playing is a major noob). Add me on xfire or something, coolcps (ingame bf2142 name too) and the ea account is coolcpsx, so try that out and if it works we shall play.

I'm shying away from BF2142 because I only meet the minimum requirements cause of my RAM lol :roll:

[quote name='drezzit']I'm shying away from BF2142 because I only meet the minimum requirements cause of my RAM lol :roll:[/quote]

They did a really good job optimizing it, BF2 didn't run nearly as smooth as BF2142 does.

The new titan mode is pretty cool, but not having any unlocks makes it hard after you have 2 of the 4 terminals down, since they can just camp the hallway and you really can't do anything about it.

The Demo didn't really help me decide if I want to buy it. It is everything I excpected and I would buy it if this came out earlier, but with all these AAA 360 titles coming out plus Final fantasy 12 and guitar hero 2 I will have to pass on this and save myself $50.

The game has its pros and cons:

Pros:
Loads faster than BF2
Runs better than BF2
Titan mode is fun
New vehicles are awesome - ESPECIALLY the mech!

Cons:
WTF...the team colors are WAY too similar, especially the flags. I couldn't tell which team was which (I'm partially color blind) - this was VERY annoying
Included map kinda blows
None of the customization options are included in the demo
Plays very similarly to BF2

I'll buy it when the price drops to around $30

[quote name='SilverPaw750']The game has its pros and cons:

Pros:
Loads faster than BF2
Runs better than BF2
Titan mode is fun
New vehicles are awesome - ESPECIALLY the mech!

Cons:
WTF...the team colors are WAY too similar, especially the flags. I couldn't tell which team was which (I'm partially color blind) - this was VERY annoying
Included map kinda blows
None of the customization options are included in the demo
Plays very similarly to BF2

I'll buy it when the price drops to around $30[/QUOTE]

I have yet to try it because if I do I know I will buy it, but I think it will be 20 or 30 on black friday (or at least I am hoping). Aside from Neverwinter 2 and Burning Crusade there are not all that many titles to fill the role of PC door busters and usually a shooter is one of the door busters.

I guess I am gonna have to get this at target for $43 (have a $25 giftcard), even though its not the greatest, I need a new online FPS instead of just playing GG on CSS, BF2 has been dead to me for oh so long.

I like it. Right at first, I hated it, but as I tried the Titan mode, it really grew on me. Also, I read on the planetbattlefield forums about the entire unlock tree, which will give a lot of depth not in the demo. Should be decent.

Now I almost don't want to buy the game because I don't want to support EA being able to put out something like this, the game has so much potential but there are so many problems. I just don't understand why guns are so innacurate to the point where you are assault and you are on single shot mode from a fair distance it is based on alot of luck as far as killing the guy. Whereas I can play CSS and at least my aiming counts for something.

I still want to get the game, but I HATE EA!!!

bread's done
Back