Battlefield 3 Alpha Invites

T9X69

CAGiversary!
Check the email you used for your EA account and that signed up for the BF3 Newsletter. Big wave of invites just went out and there's going to be another one soon. I've never played a BF game on PC and got a code. I do have a Veteran Status of 2 though. Just wanted to give you guys a heads up.

ahhhh i hate ea lol. first this whole ea/steam fued and now they have me checking my email every few hours. thanks for the heads up but unfortunatly i did not get in yet again. :(

[quote name='RuthlessGravity']I got it but due to my internet connection and a crappy computer, I won't be able to do anything with it.[/QUOTE]

Im sorry im just gonna ask on the expense of looking like an ahole, but if you dont have any use for the code do you think you can help a fellow out? If not, I understand of course lol. Thanks tho.

[quote name='rct316']Im sorry im just gonna ask on the expense of looking like an ahole, but if you dont have any use for the code do you think you can help a fellow out? If not, I understand of course lol. Thanks tho.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I can give you the code! I hate wasting codes like this since I can't use them.

[quote name='rct316']Im sorry im just gonna ask on the expense of looking like an ahole, but if you dont have any use for the code do you think you can help a fellow out? If not, I understand of course lol. Thanks tho.[/QUOTE]

lucky son of a bitch.

I actually have one as well, sadly, looks like my laptop cant run it.

Ill give it to my buddy that introduced me to the series way back to BF1942. his comp is great.

[quote name='RuthlessGravity']Yeah, I can give you the code! I hate wasting codes like this since I can't use them.[/QUOTE]

Yea same here. I'm kind of pissed I got a code because EA/DICE is just teasing me. "Hey heres a code to play BF3, too bad your on Mac and can't run it sucker!!" lol So I gave mine to my managing editor ^_^

OMG are you sure though? Thank you so much. I really dont know what to say lol. Ive been trying to get in for days, hope was running low lol. THANK YOU! But i might sounding stupid and at the expense losing the code. Are you sure?

[quote name='skiizim']Is the invite just for PC or are they doing the console versions too?[/QUOTE]

Just PC. No console versions until the September beta.

I have a veteran status of 3 and I got the code. I really want to see this maxed out and it is a shame my computer can only run it on medium specs.

[quote name='hmbtnguy']Is there any other way to get an invite code? Or did you have to have already signed up for the BF3 newsletter?[/QUOTE]

No idea, you could try to sign up for the newsletter and register your BF games. Maybe that is why they chose me

I have all these BF games registered for a while now.

Battlefield 1942
Battlefield 2
Battlefield 2142
Battlefield Bad Company
Battlefield Bad Company 2
Battlefield Heroes
Battlefield Play For Free (Was invited to the Beta as well)
Battlefield 1943

WOW lol thank you Ruthless gravity. Thank you again lol. I cannot express that enough!!! Your a good man, hope you acomplish the best of the best or something lol idk what to say. thanx again...

I got an invite, sucks its only on PC...would much rather play it on Xbox since my PC is good enough for Minecraft and TF2 but not much anything made in the last few years. I'm gonna give it to a friend who has a powerhouse rig and play it on his every one in awhile

and if it help any I've got every single BF game released on my EA profile starting at BF1942.

pm me a key if you dont need it. this shit is unbelievable. i've bought nearly every bf product since the beginning, and they do this shit to me?

Argh.. still no key for me, I keep checking my email like a dummy. I have 2 separate EA accounts, and nothing from either. It's driving me nuts, I've seen so many people get keys who can't even use them.. I've been waiting so long for this game!

If anyone happens to have a code they aren't able to make use of, I'd be more than willing to take it off your hands :bouncy:

Damn. I really wanted try the game out. :/

If anyone got a spare code send one over here please, I'm willing to give a 40% off GoHastings code for it.

EDIT: Thanks allstar45!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Scorpius']Got one, but since I'm in Afghanistan, can't use it.[/QUOTE]

I'll take it off your hands, but, I get the feeling you are trolling us beggers lol

Wow. I can't believe it actually plays somewhat decent on my crappy ass m11x. Played about 3 rounds. Seems promising. If anyone gets a driver error when installing it. (Nvidia) They have beta drivers that you have to install to play it. I think the minimum is 275.39.

[quote name='CACG']I'll take it off your hands, but, I get the feeling you are trolling us beggers lol[/QUOTE]

I would have went with something like "thank you for serving our country" or you know, anything other than insulting him

[quote name='hmbtnguy']Is there any other way to get an invite code? Or did you have to have already signed up for the BF3 newsletter?[/QUOTE]

Know someone who works for EA, that's how I got in :D

You do NEED Origin to play this game. It's similar to Steam and you just redeem your code through the Origin interface. You browse the server list through the BF3 website and launch the game through there (required to install a web-plugin).

I found that playing fullscreen mode smooths it out a lot, but make sure you have notifications turned off (Thunderbird notifications) always drop me to the desktop and I have to alt-tab back in.

I got mine too, Really fun :D And everyone else, This is most likely not the last wave of invites, Be patient, Your time will (Hopefully) come.

Checked my email earlier and saw an invite for this. Kind of too bad my PC can't run it. Would like to try to get something for it, but I suppose if I can't I'll just find someone to give it away to by tomorrow or something.

I got an email that said that Im apparently in the September beta on the console...and to basically watch for a future email with the code. Joy! :)

[quote name='georox']I love how most of the thread is people mooching for invites :D[/QUOTE]

That is CAG for 'ya... The first time someone asks for a free code (and drips that first drop of blood in the water), all the sharks come rushing in to get a bite for free. That is the norm around here. Someone starts a thread about a beta or something like that in which you need a code of some sort, someone says they cant use their code and gives it to another...then BAM, pages of people begging because if one person had a code to give out, there MUST be more...right? I mean, its only logical...lol. :p

Also, I'm pretty sure just having a code won't do you any good. In order to play, you need to be logged into Battlelog, which you can't do unless you're signed in to the account that was flagged as accepted and got the invite.

Anyway, I'm pretty PO'd that I never got an invite and my Veteran is 2, while my friend who has 0 Battlefield games and only made an EA account to sign up for the newsletter magically got an invite 2 days later...Oh well, at least I got to play on his. The servers suck, though, way too much lag.

bread's done
Back