Battlefield 3 bundle (Game, system vault and DLC) 99.99 @gamestop. PS3

Here's another pic of the vault

130397_440x350.jpg

Product page: http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/accessories/ps3-slim-vault-battlefield-3/97536

I personally think it's kind of fugly, but it's a good deal over buying it separately if you want one

I don't have a PS3 so I apologize if this is a stupid question. Is the vault thing like an external case accessory to make the PS3 slim look Battlefield-y? Or does it actually do something (like help cool the console)? It does mention light effects...

[quote name='CaseX']I don't have a PS3 so I apologize if this is a stupid question. Is the vault thing like an external case accessory to make the PS3 slim look Battlefield-y? Or does it actually do something (like help cool the console)?[/QUOTE]

More of an external case accessory. It lights up too apparently

Here's the description from the maker's website:

C11 PS3
BATTLEFIELD 3
// Exclusive Battlefield 3™ Smoke Body
// 3-Mode LED Light Up Claymore
// DICE Logo Smoke Gernade
// Battery Powered Lighting Effects
// Compatible with all Calibur11 Vault Accessories
// Includes Headset / Controller Cradle
// Does Not Void Your PS3 Factory Warranty
// PS3 Separately
//Available October 25th

Hmm I wonder if this comes bundled together in instore? I think the vault would be pretty cool on my ps3 but i want the game on 360.

These vaults are strictly for looks. Most recent one to come out was the Gears of War 3 vault. I personally think they are pretty cool, but no way I would buy one for 90 bucks. Here's a little vid (showing the 360 ver.) on the BF3 vault. I could have done without the weak-sauce white-bread rappin' in the background, however.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crMuc9gG5-s

Wouldn't you expect these to heat up your system and increase the chance of mishap? My systems cook when they are on an open shelf, let alone in some cooky armor.

[quote name='ianoid']Wouldn't you expect these to heat up your system and increase the chance of mishap? My systems cook when they are on an open shelf, let alone in some cooky armor.[/QUOTE]

They've made several of these based off various games and I've never heard any mention of anybody having an overheat problem caused by a vault. The vents are covered, so it's a non-issue.

YO VAULT THAT SYSTEM BRO

fucking ugly. I wouldn't expect to see one of these unless it was in like a 13 year old's room or something.

[quote name='SeanTM22']Also, with these cases, the consoles MUST be standing upright. Something I know many people dont like to do.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, these are for having your system vertical. They actually do have a function for that, since they provide stability (legs) to keep your system from possibly falling over, which would possibly damage your game disc.

[quote name='kingsnuff']Hmm I wonder if this comes bundled together in instore? I think the vault would be pretty cool on my ps3 but i want the game on 360.[/QUOTE]

why would you buy an amazing game on an inferior system? Just curious?

[quote name='mastagoalie']why would you buy an amazing game on an inferior system? Just curious?[/QUOTE]

Why would you bring your bulls**t elitist crap in this thread? Just curious?

[quote name='mastagoalie']why would you buy an amazing game on an inferior system? Just curious?[/QUOTE]

Well if we're going to be dicks, why would you even buy it on a console at all? /counterelitism

But in reality, why do you care what platform anyone buys a game on? It doesn't affect you. It might be mind blowing, but I have all 3 current gen consoles and a gaming PC and all of them have their strengths and weaknesses.

Aww man I thought the extreme console fanboys were only confined to n4g.

On topic I like those vaults (couldn't stop staring at the gears one) but I'm afraid that they will cause overheating. Oh and the battlefield one is ugly. Great deal though

For you true cheapasses out there, I could see a scenario where you could possibly get BF3 free, or really cheap. The Gears of War 3 vaults have been selling for 70-80 bucks on ebay.

Sell each DLC pack for 5-10 each
Sell vault for 60-80 bucks

Possible scenarios
100-60-10= 30 (worst case)
100-80-20= 0 (best case)

[quote name='yesokyesok']You have to be an idiot to buy a Vault in my opinion. It serves no purpose.[/QUOTE]

If the gears one was less than 20 I would think about it but these vaults run for 80$ ! fuck that

Not dwelling on it too much because I like both systems but to answer your question I like playing shooters/racing games with a 360 controller, fighting/platform usually go on my ps3, unless its an exclusive (i.e. Resistance trilogy)

[quote name='strait edge follower']If the gears one was less than 20 I would think about it but these vaults run for 80$ ! fuck that[/QUOTE]

Gears vault > BF3 vault sorry but that thing was cool!

[quote name='yesokyesok']You have to be an idiot to buy a Vault in my opinion. It serves no purpose.[/QUOTE]

Purely aesthetics just like the "Limited Edition" 360 bundles. Peronsally I HAVE to get the modern warefare 3 one for the startup sound/hdd space. (Also why I would only want the vault on the ps3.)

Sure it does. It keeps your system stable when positioned vertically ;} And your opinion means nothing on this matter.

[quote name='joeyshadows']The 360 version is 89.99 as well. I saw this a few days ago.[/QUOTE]

joey, the 360 version for 89.99 is just the vault by itself.

[quote name='joeyshadows']Wtf really? My bad. I wonder why the ps3 version is so cheap.[/QUOTE]

Ea has been promoting bf3 more for ps3 (like activision promoting cod for 360).

Just FYI I have one of these vaults (a standard one, not game themed) that I won from Destructoid and I love it. I honestly have no idea how it keeps my 360 slim cooler considering it raps it in green plastic, but it does. And the system is allot more stable with the legs and the controller cradle is great.

TL;DR
They don't overheat your system, I own one, it rocks.

[quote name='KtMack23']Just FYI I have one of these vaults (a standard one, not game themed) that I won from Destructoid and I love it. I honestly have no idea how it keeps my 360 slim cooler considering it raps it in green plastic, but it does. And the system is allot more stable with the legs and the controller cradle is great.

TL;DR
They don't overheat your system, I own one, it rocks.[/QUOTE]

Well apparently these vaults lift your system up a little, for better air flow. This vid explains that and some other cool stuff associated with these vaults.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1Ln9OMQZsQ

Is that "controller holder" removable? That was the only thing I didn't like about the Gears Vault. It just looks like a big duckbill if nothing is on it. Plus the area I have my consoles set up on just wouldn't look right.

For a minute I thought the $100 comes with the PS3 itself (hey, five stars thread) :p

I keep my PS3s flat, no thanks, but yeah looks cool.

If that claymore opened up and stored USB dongles, I might be tempted. And if i was a decade or so younger. Maybe in a year when these get clearanced out

[quote name='shadowkast']If that claymore opened up and stored USB dongles, I might be tempted. And if i was a decade or so younger. Maybe in a year when these get clearanced out[/QUOTE]

The claymore actually lights up, I belive by sound detection. Shadowkast, sorry your @ss is so old. Maybe in another decade you can be playing Wii 3 at the senior citizens center. lol

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']Sure it does. It keeps your system stable when positioned vertically ;} And your opinion means nothing on this matter.[/QUOTE]
Oh it keeps your system stable, then I guess it is worth $90.

[quote name='The Dude 419']Oh it keeps your system stable, then I guess it is worth $90.[/QUOTE]

Well it's 99 bucks with the game and DLC. Next time you try to be a smart-ass, pay attention, The Dude!

Just remember Gamestop has the TIMED Exclusive DLC that everyone will get for free later on. So don't factor in any stupid cost of that specific DLC.

Wow, never thought you could have a "ricer" console. Honestly, it's ridiculous and ugly and a waste of money. If you disagree, you are wrong.

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']Well it's 99 bucks with the game and DLC. Next time you try to be a smart-ass, pay attention, The Dude![/QUOTE]
I was just talking about the MSRP of the Vault by itself which is why I said $90 not $99 which is what the bundle sales for. So a suggestion pay attention.

cccccccccoooooooooolllllllllllllllllll
Posted on:
10/6/11
Anonymous
CA
this is so cooooolllll im soooooooooo geting it!!!

Wow. What a DEAL!
Posted on:
10/6/11
Proud2008Dad
Maine
Buy The Vault Get The Game For 10 BUCKS! Now thats a deal! Deffently picking this up!

[quote name='ianoid']Wouldn't you expect these to heat up your system and increase the chance of mishap? My systems cook when they are on an open shelf, let alone in some cooky armor.[/QUOTE]

Yes.

Who do you think knows more about engineering? The company that built the system or the company who builds plastic boxes to stick said systems in?

See also - awful looking body kits ruining nice cars.

[quote name='Halo05']Yes.

Who do you think knows more about engineering? The company that built the system or the company who builds plastic boxes to stick said systems in?

See also - awful looking body kits ruining nice cars.[/QUOTE]

Well since you bring it up.....Obviously Microsoft at least knows very little about engineering. The put together a flawed console that would overheat and get the red ring of death and didn't address the problem for several years. Good example....lol.

[quote name='The Carrot Cake Kid']Wow, never thought you could have a "ricer" console. Honestly, it's ridiculous and ugly and a waste of money. If you disagree, you are wrong.[/QUOTE]

I disagree, but here's the weird thing: I'm right! Seems we have come to an impass...

[quote name='iamsmart']I disagree, but here's the weird thing: I'm right! Seems we have come to an impass...[/QUOTE]

No, I've already pre-established you are wrong. Dont try getting out of it.

If the plastic casing + accessories were wrapped in an alloy like a steel-book... I'd be more interested. Y'know nothing looks as sweet as a steel-book so why couldn't they apply that concept to the casing hrmm?

If we're throwing away MILLION OF TONS of plastic erry day, why would I pay for it? lol

bread's done
Back