Battlefield 3 (PC) - $49.98 shipped on Amazon

No differences, retail will require Origin. Good deal if some people are concerned about bandwidth caps, this might save them some money. Not sure how big the digi d/l will be but install size is going to be ~20GB... I know my brother used to have a $2/gb overage fee on his ISP (wack!!)

so do you actually get anything in the PC box copy? Discs? Manual? or just a download/activation code.

[quote name='j_j']so do you actually get anything in the PC box copy? Discs? Manual? or just a download/activation code.[/QUOTE]

dvd discs, manuals and the cd key are sure to be included, I don't know how they'll handle the back to kankard dlc though.... it will most likely be a download code. Both the physical and digital version will include the same stuff, the main difference between the two its the install process will be a lot shorter if you have the dvd since you don't have to download the game, you install it from the disc

Thanks, now I can cancel my Newegg preorder for a boxed version and get me some release day shipping.

Oh man...

I already have it pre-ordered on Amazon for $41.99 (digital download) from the sale. But I always do prefer a hard copy of the game...as you never know when you'll have to do a re-install and I expect this game's file size to be pretty huge.

Hmmm...is an $8 difference worth it?

[quote name='LazyTriangle']dvd discs, manuals and the cd key are sure to be included, I don't know how they'll handle the back to kankard dlc though.... it will most likely be a download code. Both the physical and digital version will include the same stuff, the main difference between the two its the install process will be a lot shorter if you have the dvd since you don't have to download the game, you install it from the disc[/QUOTE]
Hey LazyTriange,
Thanks for the info, I will get the boxed copy! :D

[quote name='j_j']Hey LazyTriange,
Thanks for the info, I will get the boxed copy! :D[/QUOTE]

Well, sure, the process of installing will be shorter with the disks, but you won't be able to install until you receive the boxed copy the day it comes out. With the digital download, you'll be able to pre-load the game and play it the moment it comes out, potentially many hours before you'd even receive the boxed copy.

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']Oh man...

I already have it pre-ordered on Amazon for $41.99 (digital download) from the sale. But I always do prefer a hard copy of the game...as you never know when you'll have to do a re-install and I expect this game's file size to be pretty huge.

Hmmm...is an $8 difference worth it?[/QUOTE]

Definitely worth it. You don't have to redownload the damn thing if some packets are missing and it'll always be there when you need to re-install or transfer stuff to a new computer. Plus its release day shipping. You might get it late during the day, but at least you'll be able to play at night.

[quote name='Ronin187']Definitely worth it. You don't have to redownload the damn thing if some packets are missing and it'll always be there when you need to re-install or transfer stuff to a new computer. Plus its release day shipping. You might get it late during the day, but at least you'll be able to play at night.[/QUOTE]

One step ahead of you. ;)

Already canceled the DD version and pre-ordered the physical retail version. $8 is $8, but I have virtually all the BF series in retail boxes/cases and it just wouldn't be the same without adding BF3 to the display collection. That and for the aforementioned reasons of faster install times off a disc.

Thanks Ship!

Seems like a lot of people here had a Newegg pre-order... I cancelled mines as well and went with Amazon. Not that Newegg is a bad thing, but release day shipping > 3 day shipping. And Newegg was only a buck more.

I pre-ordered the digital download version from Amazon for 41.99. Already got an email stating they'll be sending out the codes on the 21st and you'll be able to pre-load it. Release day I'll be ready at midnight, or whenever the decide to unlock it.

bread's done
Back