Battlefield 3- Premium announced; 4 new expansions

[quote name='hustletron']God this is gonna be way better than COD. :booty::applause:[/QUOTE]

neither game is out yet. no details on the beta yet, and its late september.

its -1 BF3 and 0 for MW3.

BC2 raised my FPS standards. now i only look forward to FPS with vehicles and destructible environments.

literally have no interest in any FPS that came out since last year.
brink.. eh, resistance 3, eh. killzone, eh. blops.. eh... halo? mehh

plus i save money that way too :p

[quote name='yahoosale14']neither game is out yet. no details on the beta yet, and its late september.

its -1 BF3 and 0 for MW3.[/QUOTE]

I played the alpha, but thanks.

At least they announced a beta that EVERYONE can play as opposed to MW3 and their whole bunch of nothing to play early, oh but you CAN pay for their service.............

DICE is probably going to announce the beta start date tomorrow and the beta could start tomorrow as well. They are hyping up a big announcement tomorrow so obviously we will know the start date tomorrow. It'll be interesting to see what happens between BF and Gears releasing on the same week.

[quote name='yahoosale14']neither game is out yet. no details on the beta yet, and its late september.

its -1 BF3 and 0 for MW3.[/QUOTE]

Wait, I missed the -1, please explain. I hope this isn't for the nondestructible M-Com stations because that was too cheap in BC2. It's impossible to defend against kamikaze idiots unless you camp all day.

[quote name='slickkill77']And of course they made it the Metro map...wtf Dice?[/QUOTE]

First of all, :whee: finally a date. Second, slick how did you correctly guess DICE was going to announce the beta dates today?

I don't mind the Metro map as being the featured map, it's quite large.
operation-metro-620x348.jpg

You can be inside the train area or outside by trees/ponds/etc.

Now, I just have to catch up on my reading so I can play this 10 days straight :D

[quote name='htown01']First of all, :whee: finally a date. Second, slick how did you correctly guess DICE was going to announce the beta dates today?

I don't mind the Metro map as being the featured map, it's quite large.
operation-metro-620x348.jpg

You can be inside the train area or outside by trees/ponds/etc.

Now, I just have to catch up on my reading so I can play this 10 days straight :D[/QUOTE]

Metro is a geat map for defending, unless the attacking team can use the 30mm/troop transport tank the right way. If any of you played the alpha, you knew the first set of M-om stations were the hardest.
Can't wait!!.

While I'd like to take credit for being a wizard and guessing the announcement, sadly I am not.

"After weeks of denying many beta rumors, DICE has stirred up the pot with 3 hints. On the official Italian Battlefield page, DICE teased “guys, tomorrow follow us, there is news about something you have been waiting for a long time.“ However, the teasing didn’t stop there. Dainel Matros, Battlefield’s global community manager, tweeted “this week is going to be off the hook BF3″, and his coworker, David Goldfarb, reassured that this week is “gonna be a great week. BF3″. "

[quote name='slickkill77']While I'd like to take credit for being a wizard and guessing the announcement, sadly I am not.

"After weeks of denying many beta rumors, DICE has stirred up the pot with 3 hints. On the official Italian Battlefield page, DICE teased “guys, tomorrow follow us, there is news about something you have been waiting for a long time.“ However, the teasing didn’t stop there. Dainel Matros, Battlefield’s global community manager, tweeted “this week is going to be off the hook BF3″, and his coworker, David Goldfarb, reassured that this week is “gonna be a great week. BF3″. "[/QUOTE]

:lol:

I wasn't aware of those happenings yesterday.

OT: I played GoW 3 when I got back from launch and it's a pretty fun game (I hadn't played online since the 1st game). The map I really enjoyed was located on a coast, great scenery and all that. Once the BF3 beta hits Tuesday, I'm dropping GoW3 MP like a bad habit.

[quote name='giantqtipz']BC2 raised my FPS standards. now i only look forward to FPS with vehicles and destructible environments.

literally have no interest in any FPS that came out since last year.
brink.. eh, resistance 3, eh. killzone, eh. blops.. eh... halo? mehh

plus i save money that way too :p[/QUOTE]

Same here. I did enjoy Kz3 but I rarely go back to a game after I move on. But I almost did with bc2, if i didn't have such a backlog

[quote name='xtreme_Zr2']Wait, I missed the -1, please explain. I hope this isn't for the nondestructible M-Com stations because that was too cheap in BC2. It's impossible to defend against kamikaze idiots unless you camp all day.[/QUOTE]

Perhaps closet fanboysim!?!?!? Who knows.

I loved the metro map, it's so big and the MCOM's transition into extremely different environments it's like it's a few different maps rolled into one. Really looking forward to a new solid FPS.

Anyone heard of any veteran rewards like in prev games? I thought I was pretty high with a 5 next to my name but I saw someone the other day with a 15 and was like holy crapola.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Is the beta going to be like Crysis 2? Where it's like a demo that you can get straight out of XBLM without codes etc.[/QUOTE]

Yes. September 29th. They call it Open BETA.

[quote name='Necrozilla']Isn't that just for pre-order codes?[/QUOTE]

No, open beta (9/29) is for everyone, the early access (9/27) is for those who pre-ordered BF3 (PC DD version) on Origin before 9/25 or if you registered your first-hand copy of MoH (link):

[quote name='Battlefield Blog']
If you pre-order Battlefield 3 (PC digital download version) on Origin before September 25th, or if you have registered your first-hand copy (by activating its Online Pass) of Medal of Honor: Limited Edition/Tier 1 Edition, you will get 48 hours early access to the Beta, meaning you can start playing Tuesday, September 27th. The full details on how you will be granted early acess is available on our new Beta section.[/QUOTE]

How many players is the coop campaign suppose to support? Just 2? Also any word on how long that campaign is? Will there be any coop/non-competitive online modes?

[quote name='crunchewy']How many players is the coop campaign suppose to support? Just 2? Also any word on how long that campaign is? Will there be any coop/non-competitive online modes?[/QUOTE]

You mean like Horde mode or spec ops? No

They said the co-op campaign runs along side the main campaign and the main campaign isn't very long so I'd image 5-6 hours at most

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Is the beta going to be like Crysis 2? Where it's like a demo that you can get straight out of XBLM without codes etc.[/QUOTE]

Yes when it releases on the 29th

Does anyone else get the feeling that this whole "You will have the code emailed to you if you played MOH" is going to disappoint/screw over a lot of people?

[quote name='slickkill77']Does anyone else get the feeling that this whole "You will have the code emailed to you if you played MOH" is going to disappoint/screw over a lot of people?[/QUOTE]I was under the impression that you would need the MoH LE game disc to play the beta or something along those lines. I was fortunate enough to find one on clearance, but I guess it's obsolete now since it's an open beta.

[quote name='Ma12kez']I was under the impression that you would need the MoH LE game disc to play the beta or something along those lines. I was fortunate enough to find one on clearance, but I guess it's obsolete now since it's an open beta.[/QUOTE]

To get in early for the 360 they are going to email you a code if you played MOH

[quote name='hustletron']Perhaps closet fanboysim!?!?!? Who knows.

I loved the metro map, it's so big and the MCOM's transition into extremely different environments it's like it's a few different maps rolled into one. Really looking forward to a new solid FPS.[/QUOTE]

lol...more like "Beta in september"...*september arrives* no details for 3 weeks..."beta in the last few days of september for a little under 2 weeks"

im pretty sure i read that the metro map has been changed/updated. has anyone seen further details on that?

[quote name='yahoosale14']lol...more like "Beta in september"...*september arrives* no details for 3 weeks..."beta in the last few days of september for a little under 2 weeks"

im pretty sure i read that the metro map has been changed/updated. has anyone seen further details on that?[/QUOTE]

The REAL game comes out in a month and your complaining about the length of the beta? When the beta ends, only two weeks will everybody have to wait. Some people really confuse me.:wall:

Anyways, achievement news for you achievemnt hunters out there, SPOILERS
http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/topic/580910-battlefield-3-achievement-list-leaked

[quote name='fatmanforlife99']The REAL game comes out in a month and your complaining about the length of the beta? When the beta ends, only two weeks will everybody have to wait. Some people really confuse me.:wall:

Anyways, achievement news for you achievemnt hunters out there, SPOILERS
http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/topic/580910-battlefield-3-achievement-list-leaked[/QUOTE]

lol @ your inference. its the fact they left us in the dark for 3 weeks.....

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']I assume we don't get the code emailed to us (for the 360) or added to our Steam account until the day before/of for the beta?[/QUOTE]

From the Battlefield Blog: Your Battlefield 3 Open Beta early access questions answered
[quote name='Battlefield Blog']
With the Battlefield 3 Open Beta starting September 29th, millions of gamers will have the chance to play Battlefield 3, help us test our back-end, and give us valuable feedback on the game.

Some of you will be eligible to start playing the Open Beta as early as September 27th, a full 48 hours before the it opens to the public. This post will answer any of your questions on how early access to the Battlefield 3 Open Beta works.

If you have more questions, we have a more extensive Open Beta FAQ at this link.

Q: What are the regular dates for the Open Beta?
A: September 29th-October 10th, 2011.

Q: Who is eligible for early access to the Battlefield 3 Open Beta on September 27th?
A: Customers who have pre-ordered the PC digital download version of Battlefield 3: Limited Edition on Origin, or registered their first-hand copy of Medal of Honor: Limited Edition/Tier 1 Edition, or purchased Medal of Honor Limited Edition from Steam prior to July 26th, 2011.

Q: How do I join the early access Open Beta?
A: For Xbox 360, you will receive an email with instructions and your personal early access code. Note your code and follow the instructions.

For Playstation 3, the early access Open Beta will automatically appear for you in the PlayStation Network Store.

On PC, you will receive an email with instructions and your personal early access code. Note your code and follow the instructions to redeem the code on Origin.

Q: I bought Medal of Honor: Limited Edition/Tier 1 Edition on Steam. How do I get early access?
A: If you purchased Medal of Honor through Steam prior to July 26th, 2011 cut-off, you are eligible for early access to the Battlefield 3 Open Beta.

To view your key, go to Medal of Honor in your Steam library, and click the "cd key" link. Find the "Battlefield 3 Open Beta early access" key.

Battlefield 3 is delivered through Electronic Arts' Origin client. (direct download, 47mb: www.origin.com/download )

Once you have Origin installed, run it and log in with your Origin ID. (This will be the same as your EA account ID used in Medal of Honor.). In the Origin client, click the gear icon in the top menu bar, and then select "redeem product code".

Q: Is Origin required to play the Open Beta?
A: Origin is not required to play on Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3. For PC, Origin will be used to distribute the Open Beta installation and run the game, and is therefore necessary to play.

Q: Where do I install Origin?
A: www.origin.com/download

Q: Where do I go if I have more question?
A: You can visit our extensive Open Beta FAQ here.
[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, but that didn't answer my question of when I would get the codes (it only says "you will."). No one may know yet, and that's fine, I'm just curious and worried. I never received the email others did assuring purchasers of Medal of Honor LE would still be in the beta, so I'm worried I won't get the code either. Likewise with not finding the key in my Steam account for Medal of Honor.

[quote name='slickkill77']To get in early for the 360 they are going to email you a code if you played MOH[/QUOTE]

What was this? You guessing?

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']Thanks, but that didn't answer my question of when I would get the codes (it only says "you will."). No one may know yet, and that's fine, I'm just curious and worried. I never received the email others did assuring purchasers of Medal of Honor LE would still be in the beta, so I'm worried I won't get the code either. Likewise with not finding the key in my Steam account for Medal of Honor.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it should be the day before or day of. I understand your concern since you didn't receive the e-mail. I believe you need to activate that pass that comes with MoH, did you register your copy?

[quote name='htown01']Yeah, it should be the day before or day of. I understand your concern since you didn't receive the e-mail. I believe you need to activate that pass that comes with MoH, did you register your copy?[/QUOTE]
Yep, and played quite a few games online too. When I examine the online pass I downloaded on my 360's hard drive, it does say its the Limited Edition key. I guess I'll just see what happens and hope for the best. Thanks though. :)

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']Yep, and played quite a few games online too. When I examine the online pass I downloaded on my 360's hard drive, it does say its the Limited Edition key. I guess I'll just see what happens and hope for the best. Thanks though. :)[/QUOTE]

Hmm, strange :whistle2:k Well, I'm pretty sure that if you activated that EA pass then you'll get access, I don't think you have much to worry about. Here is the e-mail by the way, not much info other than saying "You have priority Beta access".

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

And no problem :)

I really wish I was in on this BETA. Oh well, I guess I'll continue playing Gears 3 as a bridge to this and Skyrim.

[quote name='matto1233']I really wish I was in on this BETA. Oh well, I guess I'll continue playing Gears 3 as a bridge to this and Skyrim.[/QUOTE]

The beta is open starting on the 29th - so you'll be good!:lol:

Quick question regarding QC and the beta. Now the beta ends on the 10th - yet the release date is 2 weeks later. I'm assuming it'll ship the week of the Oct. 17th - so between the 10th and 17th is the only time to adjust? Or is DICE going to be making tweeks throughout the beta period?

This will be the first beta I've participated in - so I'm likely just unfamiliar with the process. Just seems like one week to add polish before shipping seems a bit short.

Now, maybe the game will already be complete and polished and they are just looking for glitches. I have no complaints about the quality of BC 2 - my only wish is that you get booted if you teamkill more than 3-ish times in a row. One or two I can understand due to a misguided shot with a tank/rocket - but fuck heads that play hardcore just to teamkill should get permabanned.

They're mostly doing the beta for two things, I'm guessing: finding bugs and stress-testing their servers. Any bugs they find will be done for day or week one patches or soon after.

[quote name='xtreme_Zr2']The beta is open starting on the 29th - so you'll be good!:lol:

Quick question regarding QC and the beta. Now the beta ends on the 10th - yet the release date is 2 weeks later. I'm assuming it'll ship the week of the Oct. 17th - so between the 10th and 17th is the only time to adjust? Or is DICE going to be making tweeks throughout the beta period?

This will be the first beta I've participated in - so I'm likely just unfamiliar with the process. Just seems like one week to add polish before shipping seems a bit short.

Now, maybe the game will already be complete and polished and they are just looking for glitches. I have no complaints about the quality of BC 2 - my only wish is that you get booted if you teamkill more than 3-ish times in a row. One or two I can understand due to a misguided shot with a tank/rocket - but fuck heads that play hardcore just to teamkill should get permabanned.[/QUOTE]

Most "betas" like these are merely marketing promotions, they did a "beta" for Medal of Honor and the game is utter shit. There's no doubt in my mind BF3 will be amazing, but I doubt this will be an actual beta for testing purposes, it's for marketing I'm sure.

yea. cant wait till 29th. though tomorrow is my birthday.. dont got the pass to enroll early. but its only 2 days lol. ill just wank to pass time

[quote name='yahoosale14']lol @ your inference. its the fact they left us in the dark for 3 weeks.....[/QUOTE]

Ok dude, you are owed nothing, even if you have the LE MOH. It even says it on the box, within one year of MOH's release, will the beta be available. Does not say for how long or anything else about release. They fulfilled their end of the deal, just be happy that there is a beta. Like some have said, this is really a demo.

[quote name='xtreme_Zr2']The beta is open starting on the 29th - so you'll be good!:lol:

[/QUOTE]

Wow...
not sure how I missed that news, but thanks! Woohoo!:bouncy:

Still no e-mail from EA about early access to BF3. It would be sweet if we are able to access it at midnight but I don't see that happening.

We are only hours away from getting it on :whee:

[quote name='htown01']Still no e-mail from EA about early access to BF3. It would be sweet if we are able to access it at midnight but I don't see that happening.

We are only hours away from getting it on :whee:[/QUOTE]

That is not going to happen. The pc gets it first I think and it's up to PSN and XBL to release it. I think this is for the pc owners.

World times for the early access beta:
NZ 1:00 am 28th
Aus 10:00 pm 27th
Sweden 2:00pm 27th
GMT 12:00 noon 27th
US Eastern Standard Time 8:00 am 27th
CST 7:00 am 27th
PST 5:00 am 27th

World times for public beta access:
NZ 1:00 am 30th
Aus 10:00 pm 29th
Sweden 2:00pm 29th
GMT 12:00 noon 29th
US Eastern Standard Time 8:00 am 29th
CST 7:00 am 29th
PST 5:00 am 29th

You should be getting a e-mail in the next 12 or so hours.

bread's done
Back