Battlefield 3- Premium announced; 4 new expansions

[quote name='Soodmeg']How can people be abusing prone? I dont get it. I never even got why they took it away in the first place. If they can shoot you then you can shoot them whats the problem?[/QUOTE]

Well some people, mostly little girls, don't like getting killed and make up a bunch of excuses for their incompetence.

[quote name='Soodmeg']How can people be abusing prone? I dont get it. I never even got why they took it away in the first place. If they can shoot you then you can shoot them whats the problem?[/QUOTE]

I don't get it either. Just be aware of your surroundings. I played mainly the CoD games so maybe I'm just used to seeing players being prone. I didn't really play Battlefield BC:2.

[quote name='Trakan']
2dvj2oh.png
[/QUOTE]

Awesome. I was wondering why you couldn't honk the horn in the first place.

[quote name='Kendro']Anyone else find the campaign difficult? I'm playing on normal and seem to die pretty frequently. And this is coming from a gamer who has beaten both Modern Warfares and Black Ops on normal with relative ease. I'm about an hour and a half in.

I'm seriously considering bringing it down to easy mode but the gamer in me doesn't want to.[/QUOTE]

I do. I died lots of time on the 2nd or 3rd mission by the garage. Including a enemy that warped through a wall! :hot::roll:

[quote name='js1']I don't get it either. Just be aware of your surroundings. I played mainly the CoD games so maybe I'm just used to seeing players being prone. I didn't really play Battlefield BC:2.[/QUOTE]

People abuse it because you can somehow go prone all the up into a corner to the point where only your upper body is visible. You can also somehow turn 360 degrees when laying prone as if you were standing.

anyone else think that BC2s graphics are more appealing? Im not saying that BF3s visuals are lesser. It just has an unbalanced draw distance (i think thats what its called for popups/popins). also the rough edges are so visible. when youre standing still, everyting looks nice. but when you start moving all of the visual flaws start showing up.

the only reason that I think BC2s graphics are nicer is because its smooth. idk.. take a BF3 xbox MP video and compare to a BC2 xbox MP video. less blurry objects.

have you guys reached night shift? remember in the beginning when you are overlooking the city from a rooftop. they look really blurry.

but you know what, i think the difference between BC2 and BF3 are the environments. the levels in BC2 are either mostly white (like snowy levels), mostly green (forests) or mostly tan (desert missions). and unlike BF3, there are much more colors going on in every level.

i just feel that if they perhaps tone down the contrast and tweak the edges a little this game would be better.

Really impressed by how good this game is.

Definitely has the "just one more game" vibe to it.

The campaign is pretty terrible though.

I'm playing it on easy just to get the achievements.

[quote name='matto1233']
Anyway, I really like the added option of declining a revive, because one of my pet peeves of the last one was when someone would revive you just for the points, and then you would die again because there was a firefight going on.[/quote]
So instead you would rather them die trying to revive you then to spawn kill the guys around him... who cares if you die, he will revive you again to kill even more. :roll:

[quote name='Owen']The quit thing is dumb as it seems to count them for any time you quit a match as I have about 10% quits on my stats page already. I had the game freeze once but all the rest have been just exiting at the beginning of the next round or getting disconnected by the server. [/quote]
Who cares about little shit like that...

[quote name='Soodmeg']How can people be abusing prone? I dont get it. I never even got why they took it away in the first place. If they can shoot you then you can shoot them whats the problem? [/quote]
I fully agree. Though, I wish proning was never implemented as I knew camping would go up and then people would start bitching like they do in CoD about it, even though they have the same advantage.

[quote name='thrustbucket']Is it even possible to change difficulty in the campaign? Because I can't see how.[/QUOTE]

When you select a mission you select the difficulty.

Gah, I had my first issue with the game today. It crashed while I was doing pretty well in a round of Conquest. I need to work on the single player campaign some more tonight.

I wish there was a way to practice flying without being a dick and screwing up your team. I'd love to become a helicopter god in this.

[quote name='Tsel']People abuse it because you can somehow go prone all the up into a corner to the point where only your upper body is visible. You can also somehow turn 360 degrees when laying prone as if you were standing.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. You can often shoot people when their bodies are sticking out through walls, but a lot of times, that isn't an option, like if someone is prone in a building and guarding a stairwell. They can stuff themselves way into the corner, and it's almost impossible to get to them. It's dumb. If people don't think that's an issue, sorry, but you're wrong.

I just realized reviving someone also means that their death doesn't count, nor is the ticket subtracted, unlike BC2. Very nice.

I noticed something else that is beyond screwed up, but that probably isn't a big deal to most people. The spawning in TDM sucks. You spawn way too much near enemies or have someone spawn right on you for an easy kill. Luckily, the big appeal of BF is Rush and Conquest, but still, you'd think a developer like DICE could handle something like spawning in a TDM.

Figure this wasn't very obvious as i've rarely see clan tags and the response to mine. You get them through the Battlelog.battlefield.com site -> edit soldier profile. I figured out how and got 5 messages in an hour asking how to do it. :D

TDM spawns are recockulous, i'll stick with conquest or rush. Still having fun but find myself looking more and more forward to MW3.

[quote name='seanr1221']So I just read health regeneration wasn't in BC2?

I could have sworn it was, but med kits just sped it up.[/QUOTE]

Where did you hear that, there was health regen in Bad Company 2, and med kits just sped it up. They may have gotten confused with Bad Company 1 or Battlefield 2.

[quote name='MrPiggles']Where did you hear that, there was health regen in Bad Company 2, and med kits just sped it up. They may have gotten confused with Bad Company 1 or Battlefield 2.[/QUOTE]

Prolly on the 360 dashboard video about BF3. I just watched the same thing... it said there wasn't health regen in the last one, I was like hmmmm sounds wrong but I didn't play it a ton so figured I was wrong.

This game pissed me off, it's way to hard to kill someone. I'll unload on someone in the back or chest they'll turn around and kill me. UMP with a red dot good upper back shots... I need to try hardcore I suppose.

I had a blast playing squad rush with some friends today. 4 vs 4 rush is way more fun than the full rush mode which feels more like a clusterfluff.

The 4 vs 4 was awesome with a team working together on headsets. on my own with randoms it probably would have been way too hard.

If there are any people who are not planning on using any MW3 codes from Mountain Dew, let me know, I would trade some coke points for them. Thx. Was going to start a thread somewhere saying that but wasn't sure where.

What is that guy doing in the video? Just constantly repairing an overturned vehicle? Does it give you points but not repair it, thus allowing you to do it continuously?

About the health regeneration in BC2 it's funny because I didn't think that game had it but it's possible I was confused by how poorly health was communicated. There was no health percentage as there is with BF3. Really, the only way I could figure to see health was by playing as a medic where you would see the health bar above players on your team. Oddly, you still couldn't see your own health. Playing as a medic most of the time I don't remember ever seeing the health bar go back up without help from my med pack. I know for certain that vehicles didn't regenerate in BC2 so that's definitely something new in BF3.

I'm really enjoying the multiplayer overall and is, as usual, up to the great standards of the series. I think I prefer the more wide-open less urban feeling of past games but these maps work just as well. At least they give you 9 (I think) conquest maps right off the bat. Is every map available for both conquest and rush this time? I remember the old VIP packs in BC2 used to add one or the other functionality to different maps.

The campaign was brutal for me and I only forced myself to slog through it once to get my money's worth, knowing I'd never come back to it after starting multiplayer. I'm not a newbie to single-player shooters but I got more frustrated at this campaign than I have in any game in years. The checkpoints are stingy and every enemy knows exactly where you are at all times. I really wish I had realized that you could select an individual mission again to change it to easy to advance. Normal took me twice as long as it should have. Especially since there is only an achievement for hard mode I highly recommend just playing it on easy. I tried the first 2 missions on hard and just gave up.

It's also bizarre how different the campaign is from anything about the stellar multiplayer. Scripted events, QTEs, lack of vehicle control, and closed corridors. Could this be any more different than what Battlefield is?

So there really is no way to tell weapon damage level in BF3? Strange.

I believe he had a teammate in the jeep so he was getting squad repair bonuses.

[quote name='gubmccargen']What is that guy doing in the video? Just constantly repairing an overturned vehicle? Does it give you points but not repair it, thus allowing you to do it continuously?

About the health regeneration in BC2 it's funny because I didn't think that game had it but it's possible I was confused by how poorly health was communicated. There was no health percentage as there is with BF3. Really, the only way I could figure to see health was by playing as a medic where you would see the health bar above players on your team. Oddly, you still couldn't see your own health. Playing as a medic most of the time I don't remember ever seeing the health bar go back up without help from my med pack. I know for certain that vehicles didn't regenerate in BC2 so that's definitely something new in BF3.

I'm really enjoying the multiplayer overall and is, as usual, up to the great standards of the series. I think I prefer the more wide-open less urban feeling of past games but these maps work just as well. At least they give you 9 (I think) conquest maps right off the bat. Is every map available for both conquest and rush this time? I remember the old VIP packs in BC2 used to add one or the other functionality to different maps.

The campaign was brutal for me and I only forced myself to slog through it once to get my money's worth, knowing I'd never come back to it after starting multiplayer. I'm not a newbie to single-player shooters but I got more frustrated at this campaign than I have in any game in years. The checkpoints are stingy and every enemy knows exactly where you are at all times. I really wish I had realized that you could select an individual mission again to change it to easy to advance. Normal took me twice as long as it should have. Especially since there is only an achievement for hard mode I highly recommend just playing it on easy. I tried the first 2 missions on hard and just gave up.

It's also bizarre how different the campaign is from anything about the stellar multiplayer. Scripted events, QTEs, lack of vehicle control, and closed corridors. Could this be any more different than what Battlefield is?

So there really is no way to tell weapon damage level in BF3? Strange.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']I noticed something else that is beyond screwed up, but that probably isn't a big deal to most people. The spawning in TDM sucks. You spawn way too much near enemies or have someone spawn right on you for an easy kill. Luckily, the big appeal of BF is Rush and Conquest, but still, you'd think a developer like DICE could handle something like spawning in a TDM.[/QUOTE]

I've had some really bad spawns in conquest. I spawn and turn around and BANG there's an enemy shooting me. Literally within... 1 second.

[quote name='Duminakan89']I believe he had a teammate in the jeep so he was getting squad repair bonuses.[/QUOTE]

Interesting, although I'd imagine it would be tough to get the vehicle in that position in the first place. That's weird that it didn't just repair fully and end things but I guess it wouldn't being upside down.

[quote name='matto1233']I've had some really bad spawns in conquest. I spawn and turn around and BANG there's an enemy shooting me. Literally within... 1 second.[/QUOTE]

I've also had this happen a few times. It's strange because they didn't really need to mess with anything from BC2 for this to work well. That game always did a flawless job of spawning you in a safe place.

An addendum to my earlier post. I think I found the best way to practice helicopters. The second co-op mission is entirely AH-1 based. You just have to be lucky enough to get the back seat and you're set. I ran through it and finally got a pretty good feel for the helos. Unfortunately, the 4 conquest games I played after that were all on ground-based maps. Oh well.

Yeah, the spawns do really, really suck in Team Deathmatch. You can't choose to spawn anywhere but where the game tells you to, and there's no points to cap to make spawn trappers move from their positions. It's disgusting, and I wish for Quick Match they had an option to search for just Conquest and Rush.

It's annoying to get spawn killed in Conquest, but unless your only option is your original spawn, and somebody is camping that, I don't really get mad because I have choices for my spawn.

And I'm really, really getting sick of the game fucking up with squad invites and my friends or myself either not getting into games or getting on the wrong teams. I have 17% quits from all the times I leave games because of friends on the wrong team, or not getting into the match. And of course, you can't leave between games, so you get a quit whenever you wanna stop playing too.

Otherwise, the game is pretty damn fun. I wouldn't put up with these major issues with a game that was any less fun.

I wish every weapon had a 3-round burst though. It's annoying to switch between full auto and single shot, but I'm comfortable CQ and long range with the burst.

[quote name='$hady']Figure this wasn't very obvious as i've rarely see clan tags and the response to mine. You get them through the Battlelog.battlefield.com site -> edit soldier profile. I figured out how and got 5 messages in an hour asking how to do it. :D[/QUOTE]

Thanks. For some reason I thought it was when I created a platoon was the same thing.. I'll now prepare for the onslaught of messages.

[quote name='JasonTerminator']
And I'm really, really getting sick of the game fucking up with squad invites and my friends or myself either not getting into games or getting on the wrong teams. I have 17% quits from all the times I leave games because of friends on the wrong team, or not getting into the match. And of course, you can't leave between games, so you get a quit whenever you wanna stop playing too.

Otherwise, the game is pretty damn fun. I wouldn't put up with these major issues with a game that was any less fun.[/QUOTE]

You hit the nail on the head for me. That is my only real beef with the game is the squad issues. I would think in another patch that it can be fixed. It's improved since the beta. I usually play with my friends, but I can always use more people to play with(who actually use teamwork). So, people feel free to send a FR.

I'm a little disappointed at all the clipping in this game, people can give their position away by going prone and turning perpendicular to a wall because their feet go through the wall.

Also, since apparently you shoot from the top of your head in this game, people can be behind head-high cover and still be able to shoot you from it while you cannot shoot them unless you manage to hit that 1 inch of the top of their head twice to kill them.

Apparently 1 headshot doesn't kill in 1 shot with the ARs/SMGs/Pistols unless they are already hurt.

Agreed on the squad invites being fucked and still putting people on opposite teams. The lag is still atrocious in most games for me....so much for that legitimate beta I guess.

I'm still early in the unlock path for all the classes but I have the stinger already and the russian equivalent but it's next to impossible to shoot down a jet, they deploy flares then by the time you reload, lock on, fire they have flares up again or they're already out of range. As far as I was aware the only other lock on system is with the javelin and that won't lock onto jets unless I'm mistaken.

I'd comment on the bullet damage but I feel the lag maybe a factor in that too however I tried using the PP2K last night and I shot someone standing still 12 times and did not get a kill, a team mate shot the enemy and I ended up getting like an 80 something kill assist. Disappointing.

FYI Dr Pepper cap codes are now good for BF3 dog tags or a uniform. They have 6 different my favorite being:

Was talking about this with a friend yesterday and it's obvious that this is the way of the future but I HATE this product tie in thing. Buy X product get Z in game.. It's a money maker for both and more exposure for the game but i'm a whore and will buy shit I don't want like Dr Pepper which is nasty to get that dog tag. MW3 double exp caps, I damn thee to hell!

BF3 gamertag slowly growing as well, if you wanna find CAGs: CAG BF3 GROUP

[quote name='hustletron']
I'm still early in the unlock path for all the classes but I have the stinger already and the russian equivalent but it's next to impossible to shoot down a jet, they deploy flares then by the time you reload, lock on, fire they have flares up again or they're already out of range. As far as I was aware the only other lock on system is with the javelin and that won't lock onto jets unless I'm mistaken.
[/QUOTE]

Javelin is for land vehicles. I maxed out the engineer class in like two days and the Stinger is the only surface-to-air launcher that I have. If you want a better chance to shoot down aircraft with it, try this:

When your lock-on weapons lock on to an aircraft, the pilot receives the lock-on warning and a lot of people freak out and instantly press flares, even before you've fired your launcher. All that will do is lose your lock-on so you can instantly reacquire your target and fire. That will pretty much ensure a hit, unless a passenger has flares as well (I think passengers can use their flares if equiped). Even if you fire two in rapid succession, I've had hits that defeated the flare reload speed.

I figured that much but what about the people who wait for you to fire, wait for the projectile to get close, then hit flares? They become untouchable unless you co-ordinate with a team mate also using a stinger. I find that a little silly to be honesty but that's me.

I've been addicted to the engineer class and explosive speciality. 6 mines and 10 rockets is a pretty insane amount of extra ammunition. During conquest I just lay mines over the major vehicle paths thus rendering half of their shit useless. Plus it always brings up huge points for me. That combined with being squad leader and making orders on the various MCOM stations for the group defend / group attack bonuses is a guaranteed 3,500+ points a game.

I've been debating between a launcher and mines but I feel like the mines are more bang for your buck, armor takes like 3 rockets just to disable while the mines kill right away I think.

Probably gonna use the mines now that you bring it up.

[quote name='$hady']FYI Dr Pepper cap codes are now good for BF3 dog tags or a uniform. They have 6 different my favorite being:

Was talking about this with a friend yesterday and it's obvious that this is the way of the future but I HATE this product tie in thing. Buy X product get Z in game.. It's a money maker for both and more exposure for the game but i'm a whore and will buy shit I don't want like Dr Pepper which is nasty to get that dog tag. MW3 double exp caps, I damn thee to hell![/QUOTE]

I wouldn't mind so much, except it's JUST Dr. Pepper, and I don't like that soda.

Seriously, that company makes 7up, A&W, Canada Dry and RC Cola, but they only put the damn promotions on Dr. Pepper.

[quote name='gubmccargen']
So there really is no way to tell weapon damage level in BF3? Strange.[/QUOTE]

I took a quick glance at the strategy guide while in line to pick up BF3 from Gamestop. I remember seeing a bunch of bars/stats for each weapon, not sure if it was for damage, recoil, etc.

I am kinda confused. How do you know when you are at maxed level for things? I have been playing with the same kit and same gun (I usually go through one by one for most games) and it seems like for the kit itself I am on the last level. The bar for the gun is blank now and wont increase. Does that mean its maxed?

I ask because for 1 day I lost all of my progression and everything reset so now I am super nervous about everything.

Incredible.... I listed my single player disc on a whim this morning as I have no interest in playing it at all and holy shit someone bought it for $40... I'll end up making money purchasing this after you figure the $20 amazon credit which is cash to me plus they gave me a 2nd dog tag set I sold for $15. Not to mention I still have the MP disc! :D

[quote name='Irohazaka']Has anyone set up a platoon for 360? Would really like to join one.[/QUOTE]

Noone has posted one so I literally just made one, took about 7 seconds lol. "Cheapassgamer" is the Platoon name, the battlelog site is badass, I can't wait to see how MW3's is since you actually have to pay to access elite. http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/platoon/2832655241033136176/

[quote name='$hady']Incredible.... I listed my single player disc on a whim this morning as I have no interest in playing it at all and holy shit someone bought it for $40... I'll end up making money purchasing this after you figure the $20 amazon credit which is cash to me plus they gave me a 2nd dog tag set I sold for $15. Not to mention I still have the MP disc! :D

Noone has posted one so I literally just made one, took about 7 seconds lol. "Cheapassgamer" is the Platoon name, the battlelog site is badass, I can't wait to see how MW3's is since you actually have to pay to access elite. http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/platoon/2832655241033136176/[/QUOTE]

First thing, awesome idea. Didn't even think to sell the single player disc. I'll have to try that out. Also, joined the platoon. Hopefully we can make this the CAG centered platoon so we may get some good squad forming.

Yea they been closing all day for $33-40! I didn't even play it and have no real desire to. Wish more big MP games were multi disc like this lol.

Tried to invite more people but it is apain and you first after to befriend and then invite...

Dude I hate that it feels like I am forced to be a fucking medic all the time. Dont get me wrong, I playing that class but it seems like if I am personally not a medic then we just dont have one for the game.

I see other people have the class selected but they never seem to get around to you know...actually reviving people. Just boggles my mind.

[quote name='$hady']Yea they been closing all day for $33-40! I didn't even play it and have no real desire to. Wish more big MP games were multi disc like this lol.

Tried to invite more people but it is apain and you first after to befriend and then invite...[/QUOTE]

Even if they request to join first?

bread's done
Back