Battlefield Bad Company 2 $46.49 @ Amazon DOTD

For those that are interested, you can get the game from the ea store for $40. Amazon should've matched that price instead.

they're beating BB by like $3.50? Rather go fetch it there and keep fingers crossed I can score an LE copy of the game..even though that month VIP thing is prolly useless now..

[quote name='token2k6']they're beating BB by like $3.50? Rather go fetch it there and keep fingers crossed I can score an LE copy of the game..even though that month VIP thing is prolly useless now..[/QUOTE]
Why is the VIP code useless now?

[quote name='dieresis']Why is the VIP code useless now?[/QUOTE]

wasn't it only good for a month or something? I may be really confused..anyway that month is probably almost up..

To be clear - Limited Edition does not equal VIP code.

The "Limited Edition" only gives you early unlocks. It's not worth worrying about at all, everything in the Limited Edition can be obtained through normal gameplay - in short order, if I'm not mistaken.

The VIP thing is the one-time use code that comes with all new copies of the game, and is still good as far as I know - it gives you a couple of extra maps as well as a couple of new modes for existing maps.

VIP codes expire 4/1/2011.
Edit correction: Expires April 2011. I checked my manual.

You can buy one from the Store for 1200 MSP.

Last edited by a moderator:
The VIP code expires April 1st 2011. Like one of the previous posters said it just unlocks new maps and modes. The limited edition were just early unlocks of guns and some gadgets, nothing you cannot get while just playing the game regularly.

Dang, I have a $25 Amazon giftcard coming in the mail but I doubt it will arrive today. If there anyway to move a gift card balance I've spent on another preorder to this game?

The pre-order and other unlock bonuses go something like this, AFAIK:

Limited Edition: Immediate unlock of M1911 pistol, M1A1 Thompson SMG, tracer dart pistol, and several vehicle specializations (alt-fire, motion detector, improved armor)

Gamestop pre-order: immediate unlock of the AKS-74u and 30 days exclusive access to Squad Rush (now expired and SR is available to everyone)

Veteran (already played at least one Battlefield game): exclusive unlock of the M1 Garand rifle, and immediate unlock of the right-side gadgets for all classes (Assault: ammo box, Engineer: repair tool, Medic: medkit, Recon: motion detectors)

All new copies of the game: single-use VIP code, which lets you download for free the four DLC maps already released. If you buy used, you can purchase VIP status for $15 in the PSN store (or 1200 XBL points, I guess) There will probably be more free-for-VIP content in the future, but who knows?

So if the difference between a used copy and a new is less than $15, go for the new copy.

[quote name='dc_fortythree']really on the fence about this one. pretty tired of MW2 and looking for something to fill in the gap until Reach. any opinions?[/QUOTE]

This game is entirely awesome, at this point I'd wait till it drops back to $40 though. Again, this game is AWESOME.

Sweet! I saw the previews for that game, and man that looks awesome. This is like $10 off the original price, because I was looking in Wal-Mart(I know not a good place to get video games, but I was with my parents), and it was like $59.99! Thanks for the post!!

[quote name='benjamouth']This game is entirely awesome, at this point I'd wait till it drops back to $40 though. Again, this game is AWESOME.[/QUOTE]
The game IS AWESOME. I just started playing it yesterday after a month of having it in my backlog. My brother and I are thinking about getting a second copy so he and I can play at the same time. I have a $20 gaming credit from Amazon, so I may bite. Hmm...

Nice, thanks OP!

I'm still kicking myself for not ordering it a couple weeks ago for $39.99. I guess $6.50 more isn't too bad.

Keep in mind that, even though you can order it at the EA Store for around $40 with a coupon, the code was suppose to be used by people that attended PAX. Though a lot of orders went through last week without a problem, people found out about an exploit that be used in combination with a coupon from Recycle Bank, in which they were getting like $180 worth of games for about $25. So, don't be surprised if EA starts canceling all of the PAX coupon orders this week. I know mine is still processing from late last week, and I suspect it will be canceled by later today or tomorrow.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Keep in mind that, even though you can order it at the EA Store for around $40 with a coupon, the code was suppose to be used by people that attended PAX. Though a lot of orders went through last week without a problem, people found out about an exploit that be used in combination with a coupon from Recycle Bank, in which they were getting like $180 worth of games for about $25. So, don't be surprised if EA starts canceling all of the PAX coupon orders this week. I know mine is still processing from late last week, and I suspect it will be canceled by later today or tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

they're not going to cancel anything

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Oh, you work for EA and/or Digital River? Yeah, didn't think so. :roll:[/QUOTE]

You honestly think they're going to cancel orders when people used legitimate coupons they earned through recyclebank? Also since this was offered at PAX, do you expect them to cancel orders from people who actually attended? Of course not since there's no way to differentiate between them. The coupon has been live since March 27th (if not earlier). If they wanted to cancel it they would have done so already. A lot of people have already received their orders, even those ordering tons of games, so why would they start canceling all coupons now?. I don't have to work at EA/DR to have common sense.

[quote name='dc_fortythree']really on the fence about this one. pretty tired of MW2 and looking for something to fill in the gap until Reach. any opinions?[/QUOTE]

This is my favorite multiplayer game right now. Loads of fun. Much, much better than COD in my opinion. Best played with friends, but it also fine with random teammates, as long as your team actually works as a TEAM. I doubt you will regret buying this if you decide to get it.

[quote name='ssjmichael']You honestly think they're going to cancel orders when people used legitimate coupons they earned through recyclebank? Also since this was offered at PAX, do you expect them to cancel orders from people who actually attended? Of course not since there's no way to differentiate between them. The coupon has been live since March 27th (if not earlier). If they wanted to cancel it they would have done so already. A lot of people have already received their orders, even those ordering tons of games, so why would they start canceling all coupons now?. I don't have to work at EA/DR to have common sense.[/QUOTE]

Again, as I clearly said before, people found an exploit to get $180 worth of games for $25. You honestly think that was the intention of those coupon codes? If you do, then the conversation ends right here, because you're hopeless. But if you realize there's an issue with that, then you should also realize that a company is not going to be ASS RAPED like that. Some orders went through last week like this, but the thread completely exploded this weekend with the Recycle Bank talk, and the site Kashless, where you can earn the points for the RB code, was absolutely flooded with garbage boosting posts. I am sure they got thousands of bogus orders over the last few days.

If you honestly don't think a red flag went up over this...and that no one is going to do ANYTHING about it...I don't know what to tell you. Just go home and get your shine box.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Again, as I clearly said before, people found an exploit to get $180 worth of games for $25. You honestly think that was the intention of those coupon codes? If you do, then the conversation ends right here, because you're hopeless. But if you realize there's an issue with that, then you should also realize that a company is not going to be ASS RAPED like that. Some orders went through last week like this, but the thread completely exploded this weekend with the Recycle Bank talk, and the site Kashless, where you can earn the points for the RB code, was absolutely flooded with garbage boosting posts. I am sure they got thousands of bogus orders over the last few days.

If you honestly don't think a red flag went up over this, I don't know what to tell you.[/QUOTE]

How long has the "exploit" been live? I've been seeing people doing it for a few days now and some have had their orders shipped. If a red flag was raised, why would those orders go through? Why is the exploit working? What are they waiting for? More orders with "exploits"?

Also you're exact wording was they were going to cancel all orders using a PAX coupon. I again state they won't do that. Not everyone who uses a PAX coupon is exploiting the system. If you can't differentiate between the two, then you're hopeless

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Again, as I clearly said before, people found an exploit to get $180 worth of games for $25. You honestly think that was the intention of those coupon codes? If you do, then the conversation ends right here, because you're hopeless. But if you realize there's an issue with that, then you should also realize that a company is not going to be ASS RAPED like that. Some orders went through last week like this, but the thread completely exploded this weekend with the Recycle Bank talk, and the site Kashless, where you can earn the points for the RB code, was absolutely flooded with garbage boosting posts. I am sure they got thousands of bogus orders over the last few days.

If you honestly don't think a red flag went up over this...and that no one is going to do ANYTHING about it...I don't know what to tell you. Just go home and get your shine box.[/QUOTE]

Honestly I think they'll do like GS did with the B1G1. Cancel the orders they think are "resellers" and let the others go.

So many things wrong, where to begin...

1) A few orders slipping through is not going be a cause for a concern. That happens with GS stuff all the time, right? A few people get a glitch to work, and their orders ship. Once they have told everyone about the glitch, though, and all hell breaks loose, GS just cancels all the orders.

2) What do you think is easier? Finding all the nonsense orders or just canceling all the PAX code orders? Yeah. Besides, PAX is over, right? So, they are really fully justified in cutting that coupon off, if they want to.

[quote name='HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ']Honestly I think they'll do like GS did with the B1G1. Cancel the orders they think are "resellers" and let the others go.[/QUOTE]

That's not at all how things went down, though. Plenty of people get obscene orders to ship, orders that were obviously going to be used for flipping and reselling. Once GS got fend up with it, they just started canceling everything. I got a legitimate order for two different games canceled.

bread's done
Back