Battlefield Bad Company 2 PC Steam 4 pack $149.97 ($37.49 ea)

To anyone who wants to get the four-pack, don't wait too long: it's actually a limited-time promotion, and will only be available for two weeks.

Doesn't have Securom and not EADM? I'm totally in.

If anybody is creating a 4-pack group and needs another person, I'm in, PM me.

[quote name='oidigo1']is this the limited edition or do i have to pay for the free map packs?[/QUOTE]

The only thing the "Limited Edition" did was give you 6 weapon/equipment unlocks right away, without you having to earn them. It didn't give you any maps or anything like that. It really wasn't so much a "Limited Edition," as it was a pre-order bonus that gave you a day-one multiplayer advantage, that you can still earn in the game by just playing for a few hours.

So, no, this isn't the "Limited Edition."

It actually has dedicated servers on PC from what I have been told, so it's better than MW2 on PC in that regard.

[quote name='SqueeMK2']Yeah, I was wondering about that. I guess only the retail version has the SecuROM, but the Steam version is clean?[/QUOTE]
Nope. On the linked page from the OP, it says securom is used.

[quote name='dabamus']Nope. On the linked page from the OP, it says securom is used.[/QUOTE]

What happens if you buy it with Securom? Does your computer get reported if you pirate stuff?

Not afaik. It's just a method to manage how many times you have installed and activated the game. According to the webpage you can deauthorize computers through securom, so I don't see a big deal. However, with Noobi's new DRM that requires a constant connection to the internet, I have a big problem.

[quote name='dabamus']Nope. On the linked page from the OP, it says securom is used.[/QUOTE]

The store page is outdated (I'm sure they'll fix that at some point). The Steam version of the game has had SecuROM completely removed:
http://store.steampowered.com/news/3607/

The relevant part of that news item, in case you didn't notice:
[quote name='http://store.steampowered.com/news/3607/']SecuROM is no longer present[/quote]

I repeat, to anyone on the fence because of concerns over SecurROM: if you buy the game on Steam, it is not present whatsoever.

i've been tying to find where it says' that it is a limited offer for 2 weeks only.
does anyone have the link? i checked the main BFBC2 Steam page but maybe my eyes are playing tricks or something.

bread's done
Back