Battlefield: Bad Company - Free Overnight Shipping and Beta Access (360) @ GS.com

[quote name='IXI Dragunz IXI']It won't let me sign-up either, it brings me to Comcast screen. Help please.[/quote]

The quoted post from fatwallet is misleading. You need to be a comcast subscriber. But you do not have to be under the 8 mb plan they offer (they have multiple plans with different speeds).

[quote name='pak_man7']The quoted post from fatwallet is misleading. You need to be a comcast subscriber. But you do not have to be under the 8 mb plan they offer (they have multiple plans with different speeds).[/quote]

Yea any plan works. After the sign up all it does is make you sign into your comcast e-mail.
I also checked and theres no Credit card info like my other Founder account so IT IS completely free for those wondering.

Just heard about this and Comcast thing is dead..... Anyone have an extra key? I'll give you a 1 month Xbox Live code in trade.

What options are there for getting a code now? I haven't been keeping up around herre lately and look what I missed. :(

Edit: Only thing I see now is signing up for IGN insider $15 for a year...? Wish it was a monthly charge so sign up and then cancel after a couple $1.xx charges. Who the hell pays to post on message boards and read about games on the internet anyway?

I just pre-ordered the game from a store location but they said they didn't know anything about beta access with a pre-order. I did receive, however, a Battlefield: BC keychain and an in-game sniper rifle. It was their last one. Does anyone know what to do about getting beta access for pre-ordering at B&M locations only? Thanks!

[quote name='Pck21']I just pre-ordered the game from a store location but they said they didn't know anything about beta access with a pre-order. I did receive, however, a Battlefield: BC keychain and an in-game sniper rifle. It was their last one. Does anyone know what to do about getting beta access for pre-ordering at B&M locations only? Thanks![/QUOTE]

Beta Access is only for those that pre-ordered online and first 5,000 pre-orders only.

[quote name='xbox_mole']Beta Access is only for those that pre-ordered online and first 5,000 pre-orders only.[/quote]

No kidding? Well that's lame if you ask me because I pre-ordered the game just like everyone else except I didn't pay the same amount of money up front. At least I got a sniper rifle I guess, but I am still disappointed.

[quote name='modifiedbears']http://kotaku.com/370694/ea-charging-for-bad-company-weapons

i'm surprised anyone would buy this game after reading about that, especially in a forum called cheap ass gamers.[/quote]

Yikes I hope that isn't true. Maybe it will just be cosmetic upgrades to weapons, not just actual weapons themselves. We'll have to wait and see what happens in the mean time. It could just be a false rumor spread by another forum or something. Either way this game looks absolutely amazing!

You do realize this isn't the first time they've done this? And that everything they charged for was possible to be unlocked through playing the game?

I don't know how anyone could know about any of this yet, because when you start the BETA it just says the servers don't start until March 25th and wouldn't let me do anything else besides staring at the scroll over and over again. Maybe some folks got into a server before they really launched?

If this is the case, you can bet I'll be cancelling my Gamestop pre-order. Not going to put up with that crap.

oh well, i came late. I left my email with them so hopefully i'll be notified of the next Batch...do i need to fill something out ahead of time?

[quote name='DGenerateKane']You do realize this isn't the first time they've done this? And that everything they charged for was possible to be unlocked through playing the game?[/quote]

I know what you're talking about and this is different. There will be two versions of the game to buy and if you don't buy the "gold" version, then the only way to get these weapons is to buy them through DLC.

http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2008...y-to-play-weapons-in-battlefield-bad-company/

People pull your heads out of the ground and don't buy this game. This kind of crap does not need to be supported. If this game fails they'll never try to pull this again.

People pull your heads out of the ground and don't buy this game. This kind of crap does not need to be supported. If this game fails they'll never try to pull this again.

Unfortunately, we've already traveled too far down the path. We can't return. Extreme micro-transactions and making us for pay things that are already on the disc is accepted in the general gaming community. Even if every, single CAG avoided this game like the plague, it wouldn't matter. And the reality is, some CAGs will buy it.

Can anyone tell me what the free overnight shipping code was on Gamestop? Is there any site or thread that archives the codes? They often work beyond the day the code is up on the site, because I've found codes for games that were not yet out but no longer featured and the codes still worked.

Anyways, I'm already in the beta, but I'd like the free overnight shipping...

Thanks in advance.

[quote name='anomynous']The shipping was a one day deal thing[/QUOTE]

I know, that's what they say, but the codes usually last far more than one day, if not forever. I said I in my previous post, I've used codes that were no longer up on the daily deal before. Skate had one for example, and I only ordered the game with that code over a month after the code first went up, and I got the free shipping.

[quote name='anomynous']It wasn't a code though as far as I know, it was automatically applied[/QUOTE]

Naa, they always use codes, or at least I've never seen them NOT use a code (so far). I check every day now for each day's codes, and I've used a lot of them, so I know how it works pretty well.

I think someone should start a archive of each day's code, at least I'll probably be making a txt file on my computer for that purpose.

It was a code, you used the coupon code, then you chose overnight shipping.

I may be canceling my overnight, I'm not impressed with the game.

[quote name='twen']It was a code, you used the coupon code, then you chose overnight shipping.

I may be canceling my overnight, I'm not impressed with the game.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I need to know the coupon code. That's what I'm asking for.

I'm liking the beta so far, that's why I'd like to preorder.

[quote name='Jigen']Yes, I need to know the coupon code. That's what I'm asking for.

I'm liking the beta so far, that's why I'd like to preorder.[/QUOTE]

I believe it was "BFBCFREE"

[quote name='xbox_mole']I believe it was "BFBCFREE"[/QUOTE]

I tried that too, just guessing, because it's usually something like that. However it says invalid code.
I guess it's possible they deactivate the codes now, so I guess I'll give up on this. If anyone has any more good guesses I could try of course.

I tried BFBCFREE, BBCFREE, BFBC, BFBFREE, BFCFREE, COMPANY, BATTLEFREE, BFFREE, BFREE...

Anyways, I don't expect anyone to take guesses, just hoped someone would remember for sure, or knew a site that archived the codes.

I finally got in a game and it is VERY GOOD, graphics are on par if not better then Call of Duty 4 MP Graphics. but WTF is the deal with like 8-12 weapons that say BUY AT THE MARKETPLACE???? Is EA serious?

Servers are getting hammered

[quote name='Poor2More']I finally got in a game and it is VERY GOOD, graphics are on par if not better then Call of Duty 4 MP Graphics. but WTF is the deal with like 8-12 weapons that say BUY AT THE MARKETPLACE???? Is EA serious?

Servers are getting hammered[/QUOTE]

So are they charging for weapons in a Beta?

Just a heads up, I said earlier that EB's daily deals used to last beyond the first day they were posted. Well, not anymore. I wrote down a code that was up a day or two ago (for Mario Kart Wii (MKART)), and it didn't work today.

So at least that's cleared up.

bread's done
Back