Battleforge - Gen. Discussion & Info Thread - Beta

will52

CAGiversary!
Just finished the 4 hr download (and I have fast internet, dunno why it was so slow) for the Battleforge Beta. So far it seems pretty good. For those who don't know, Battleforge is an RTS where you have in game cards to build and play your army.

It's not too bad so far. I haven't played the multiplayer yet and have only done the intro and a few single player games, trying out some of the decks. For a beta, it seems pretty slick. My only complaint would be that the main menu screen is too busy. But i'm sure if you were to play for long enough, it would become simple.

There are booster packs that you get and can buy which have rare cards, etc. (think magic: the gathering). The game also has a marketplace type system that allows the trading of cards. Although this is a great feature, it will make the game heavily community dependant. Go to the site and sign up. I had to wait about a week for a key. People who preordered got exclusive cards and access on Jan. 9/2009.

Overall it seems pretty fun, but multiplayer and the amount of people that buy it will make or break the game. Also, because it is microtransaction based, a lower MRSP would be great, but that wont happen with EA I'd imagine.:lol:

Release Date: March 27, 2009

The 12 player co-op missions sound like fun, but I'm worried EA will stack booster packs with 1337 units (after all, they want people to buy booster packs)

Anyone have a chance to try out the online co-op portion?

Just downloaded the game, it was 64MB...took about a minute. Now, i can't install Flash, something about my IE security settings...i don't even fucking use IE FFS. Ugh.

EDIT: got flash installed...kept getting a connection to login server failed error. Not that's gone but bootstrapper is now taking forever to do...something.

EDIT2: bootstrapper is done doing it's thing...now for the long-ass download. DL speed is currently at about 500 400 kbps or about half my connection :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol yea I was like wow 64 mb, not bad. Then the download began.

I didn't install the EA Downloader when it prompt me too.

Took a little while, but no issues whatsoever.

I was accepted to the beta a while ago. Forgot I had it downloaded it, never played it. Then I saw a news item about micro-transactions for "card" packs. Uninstalled.

bread's done
Back