Battlestar Galactica Complete Series Blu-Ray $174.99 Amazon.com

Yeah, the discs fucking suck when it comes to choosing episodes. You'd have the standard edition of an episode at the end of one disc and the extended version on the next disc...and have to watch the same damn episode again or skip it entirely. They should have had you select the episode on the bar and press up or down to toggle between regular and extended.

Meh, still a great set, aside from the assbackwards packaging.

WOW! Check this out:

http://tvshowsondvd.com/n/13300

You can tear off the flap from your season 1 set (in the shitty packaging) and they'll send you a new set of more traditional "shelf-friendly" cases. And it looks like they will give you a copy of The Plan for free.

The issue with the reissue and the change in the packaging was brought up in the main BR discussion thread stickied up-top.

The UK version has the better packaging between the current releases, though I'm hoping the re-release has something standard. Plus, it's coming with the unrated/extended version of The Plan.

Better to wait on the new version, which is cheaper right now anyway:

http://www.amazon.com/Battlestar-Galactica-Edward-James-Olmos/dp/B0036EH3U2

[quote name='crunchb3rry']WOW! Check this out:

http://tvshowsondvd.com/n/13300

You can tear off the flap from your season 1 set (in the shitty packaging) and they'll send you a new set of more traditional "shelf-friendly" cases. And it looks like they will give you a copy of The Plan for free.[/QUOTE]

That is pretty cool. Although from the text of the letter, it doesn't appear that they'll be giving you The Plan for free, just that it will be included with the new set. Also, for anyone wondering, this isn't a disc swap, this only FOR NEW CASES.

Still, I might do it just to see what it's like.

Also, has anyone found or made a good episode/content guide for the complete set? It's lack of any kind of guide is a glaring omission.

Also wal mart is selling DVD seasons 1 through 4.0 at, I believe, 16.99 for each season....and season 4.5 has gone on sale at target for about $18-20 every few weeks it seems, so if you time it right you can get every season for $115-ish with tax. There might be a couple minor special features missing/in addition to what's on the complete series pack, but at least you'll know the packaging is sound (they are all thinpack)

I sent off for a form (emailed them and requested one) and got the ol' S1 flap in the mail a few days ago. Awesome for me as I was going to be a sucker and sell off my old set in favor of getting the new complete series boxes. REALLY glad it didn't amount to that, although I did get the set for like 160 or so back when it was new thanks to the DD sale, so it worked out very well for me.

Also, yeah, there might be a spot for the Plan included or it'll just be the individual release in the set. I dunno, either way I doubt they give you any discs, just the boxes.

From what I heard, you get The Plan for free, probably just the disc in the same case it comes in individually.

bread's done
Back