Battlestar Galactica "Complete" Series Region Free Blu-Ray $45.81 Shipped Amazon.co.uk

thelaughingmann

CAGiversary!
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0027UY8B8/ref=pe_385721_37986871_TE_item

This is on sale on Amazon.co.uk. It's the complete series WITH the exception of not having The Plan (which is utter garbage by fans' standards), the Face of the Enemy webisodes (NO BS:G collection has them AT ALL. It's not required watching, but does give you some hints into one of the shows' charries for eventual things they do), or either Caprica or Blood & Chrome (which came out afterward and are not required watching save for the most hardcore fan).

What makes this sale so special? Well, it's GBP 28.xx for the item and shipping (which translated to $45.81 for me), with a shipping window of 10-13 days (counting weekends). This is the lowest price on the series to date this year (save for a Lightning Deal that happened a few days ago and Boxing Day 2014 sales). It is also REGION-FREE. And the states are charging an arm and a leg for the US version of the same set (but the US set has the Plan, which again is not worth it). There's also customer pics on the Amazon listing that detail the item's contents in person.

As someone who loves their particular shows (Farscape, for example, and Star Trek), I don't have to tell you that certain shows like this are a pain in the neck to get the entire series on Blu for cheap. This show's on its own level like Farscape and Star Trek, though...and that makes it worth consideration.

The Blu-Ray version of the set does earn very high marks on Blu-Ray.com http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Battlestar-Galactica-The-Complete-Series-Blu-ray/5280/#Review  . It grades the visuals and audio at 4/5 and 4.5/5, respectrively, and grades the extras at 4.5/5 (meaning you do get oodles of side stuff). You also get extended/unedited/unaired variants of several episodes throughout the series and a special booklet that details the episodes, character biographies, so on. And the box is rather nice, too.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0407362/?ref_=nv_sr_3 Lastly, the show gets an 8.8/10 on IMDB and a 9.1/10 (91/100) on Metacritic.

TL;DR summary: One of the best sci-fi shows ever made is on sale in as high quality presentation as it can get for a great price. Likely will not get to you before Christmas, but one can only hope. Enjoy the frakking deal...so say we all. 

UPDATE: The item's dropped even lower in price. Title updated as of 11PM EST of Dec 12th. Price with shipping is $37.88!

UPDATE 2: It's back up to $45.81 now. Still a great price for those who want it. To those who nabbed it for the temporary reduction on the 12th, congrats.

Last edited by a moderator:
Holy crap I was bummed that I missed the deal a few days ago. Heard they took it off Netflix and I've been waiting for a good deal on this show for awhile now.

No. I just get in on a great sale. It ain't me selling it, either. It's Amazon's UK branch. The last time this went down was Boxing Day much earlier this year.
Haha, I understand man, just making a joke cause you are clearly a fan of this deal/series.

It is a great series, just not sure I need to own it. I've intentionally not watched it since my first marathon.

Thanks for the heads up. I ordered it. Though when I went back to the item page, it says "sorry, we can not deliver this item to the United states". Should I expect a cancelation?

Thanks for the heads up. I ordered it. Though when I went back to the item page, it says "sorry, we can not deliver this item to the United states". Should I expect a cancelation?
I don't see why. I just went to the item page and it says nothing of the sort. And mine has a "Dispatching now" indication in my Orders tab.

Haha, I understand man, just making a joke cause you are clearly a fan of this deal/series.

It is a great series, just not sure I need to own it. I've intentionally not watched it since my first marathon.
There's people that have watched it habitually, several times over, and still bought it. I watched it through once and loved it. But since I bought Farscape, I watched it through a couple of times and loved it. I see no difference with Battlestar Galactica. It's just one of those rare series that does what it does well if you give it an open mind.

I just noticed it defaults to another seller selling it for .01. Everything is good. Thanks.
Not only that, I checked the listing on a whim just now. The item's even cheaper now! Total price is now $37.88. If you thought $45 and change was a great deal...this is even better! In case anyone got in on the $45 pricing, just chat with an Amazon rep to see if you can get the difference credited back. I was given 5 GBP difference back, which worked out to roughly $8. Do it to it, folks.

Talk about being exact. Ordered December 11th, given an ETA of delivery on December 24th with no tracking number. Sure enough, Ascendia drops the package off on a nice, rainy Christmas Eve. Cardboard was thin, so wet that it collapsed in my grasp. Fortunately, I was careful in placing it on a surface nearby. Opened it up, everything was shrink wrapped, if a bit moisturized on the outside.

On that note, everything was perfect. The packaging for the item was nice and solid for itself. It was a glossy sort of outer layer, well designed (much like the photos of this on Amazon). Sizewise, its equal to eight Blu-Ray cases stacked flat on one another (for perspective). The cases were sturdy, the discs were pristine, and worked perfectly on my PS3 with their region-free goodness.

Lastly, the image quality is amazing. The sound is incredible. Overall, the item got to me in time for Christmas. I am so happy that I plan to spend my afternoon on Christmas showing the family this sci-fi classic (no Christmas Story marathon THIS YEAR!!!).

The deal is dead, but if anyone got this ordered in time to get the great deal, enjoy what you got.

Talk about being exact. Ordered December 11th, given an ETA of delivery on December 24th with no tracking number. Sure enough, Ascendia drops the package off on a nice, rainy Christmas Eve. Cardboard was thin, so wet that it collapsed in my grasp. Fortunately, I was careful in placing it on a surface nearby. Opened it up, everything was shrink wrapped, if a bit moisturized on the outside.

On that note, everything was perfect. The packaging for the item was nice and solid for itself. It was a glossy sort of outer layer, well designed (much like the photos of this on Amazon). Sizewise, its equal to eight Blu-Ray cases stacked flat on one another (for perspective). The cases were sturdy, the discs were pristine, and worked perfectly on my PS3 with their region-free goodness.

Lastly, the image quality is amazing. The sound is incredible. Overall, the item got to me in time for Christmas. I am so happy that I plan to spend my afternoon on Christmas showing the family this sci-fi classic (no Christmas Story marathon THIS YEAR!!!).

The deal is dead, but if anyone got this ordered in time to get the great deal, enjoy what you got.
Glad to hear it arrived OK! Mine says it's expected to be here on the 25th (not sure how that's going to work) but now I'm assuming it'll be either Friday or Saturday! Thanks for the update and posting the deal, of course! Have a great holiday!

Glad to hear it arrived OK! Mine says it's expected to be here on the 25th (not sure how that's going to work) but now I'm assuming it'll be either Friday or Saturday! Thanks for the update and posting the deal, of course! Have a great holiday!
Mine literally snuck up on me (no knock or doorbell). I had no idea it was out there until UPS dropped off the last christmas present to get wrapped, tucked it behind the door, gave a proper knock to let me know they were here, and sure enough, both were there. Otherwise, I am sure I'd have missed it all through Christmas Eve AND Christmas Day and dreaded losing it. So I will say that if you're off on Friday or Saturday, check in the morning and again in the afternoon. Don't trust Asendia to let you know they have come.

LOL sounds exactly like my story. Didnt even bother checking the mail until today (which means my estimated delivery from UK to SoCal was accurate). The box looked horrid and I was worried my boxset would be damaged but theres not a single scratch or dent on it (EDIT just kidding just found one...). Thanks OP and Merry Xmas!

bread's done
Back