BattleStar Galactica Online (Beta) Thread

maxim2boobles

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
9k=
Battlestar-Galactica-Online-Beta-Launching-Feb-8.jpg

9k=
Battlestar Galactica Online is a free to play, browser based MMO created and developed by Bigpoint. Fans of the series will finally have the opportunity to immerse themselves within the universe of Syfy's re-imagined series. Players can interact with their favorite characters including, Starbuck and Caprica!. Fly a Raider, or dog fight in your Viper as opposing factions struggle to gain the upper hand in the ongoing war between Human and Cylon.

replaced_by_cgi.jpg

I finally got to play my first game today and I'm hooked. I like that you dont have to pay to play this game and my cheap laptop can run this from the browser. I'm still early in the game but it looks great. I hope there is a mission where you get to screw the Asian Cylon.

Cubits Guide- Cubits are the highest value currency in the game, similar to other games. Cubits can be purchased through the cash shop or accumulated over time from defeating AI and completing daily assignments

Ships:

Colonial
Raptor
Viper MK II
Aesir
Glaive
Jotunn
Maul
Rhino
Scythe
Vanir
Cylon
Banshee
Heavy Raider
Raider
Fenrir
Hel
Jormung
Marauder
Spectre
Wraith

Last edited by a moderator:
I gotta say, as a large BSG fan, I was thoroughly disappointed with this. There's just no, well, I guess soul to it. It just feels empty. Maybe it'll get better when it comes out of beta, but I'm doubting it.

[quote name='YodaEXE']I gotta say, as a large BSG fan, I was thoroughly disappointed with this. There's just no, well, I guess soul to it. It just feels empty. Maybe it'll get better when it comes out of beta, but I'm doubting it.[/QUOTE]
Also a big BSG fan (rewatching it -- slowly -- for the sixth time now, currently in early S2), and I can't bring myself to check it out. The previews make it sound absolutely sucky.

It helps that as a ST fan, I also jumped into STO and bore witness to the suck. I know how these things go down now, I am versed in their ways. Which is to say all this (scifi IP-themed MMORPG) has sucked before and will suck again.

I played this game for two hours and i have to say,its really disappointing. The controls are not great and leveling process sucks. My ship got destroyed so i'm level one again. WTF. The mining for resources by destroying asteroids is really stupid. I really enjoyed BSG series but this game needs a lot of improvement.

I posted this on my list. I have not gotten around to enjoying it like I want - I'm a huge fan of the new series and the books.

I've been rocking it with a gamepad using Joy2Key and the controls that much more refined when I play it that way.

[quote name='Megazell']I posted this on my list. I have not gotten around to enjoying it like I want - I'm a huge fan of the new series and the books.

I've been rocking it with a gamepad using Joy2Key and the controls that much more refined when I play it that way.[/QUOTE]

What gamepad are you using? can i use ps3 controller with joy2key

[quote name='maxim2boobles']What gamepad are you using? can i use ps3 controller with joy2key[/QUOTE]

Yes you can.

I use this - Logitech F710.

wirelessgamepadf710feat.png

bread's done
Back