Battlestar Galactica: The Complete Series [Blu-ray] pre-order now available

I didn't even know the show had finished. Did it wrap up with a real ending or was it another of the countless ones to end on a semi-cliffhanger? I have not watched it since the middle of season three, but I wouldn't mind picking it all up if it ended favorably.

Well, and if the price isn't $250...

Got this email too. Holy frack! That's one expensive boxset.

It wrapped up and everything, and hi-def digest has a partial list on all the included stuff and extras. It will presumably contain 21 blu-ray discs including the mini-series, RAZR, webisodes etc.,

But, but depending on the packaging and extras, I may bite.

[quote name='dv8mad']I didn't even know the show had finished. Did it wrap up with a real ending or was it another of the countless ones to end on a semi-cliffhanger? I have not watched it since the middle of season three, but I wouldn't mind picking it all up if it ended favorably.

Well, and if the price isn't $250...[/quote]

Man, I don't know how you didn't know it had finished. Seemed like every single site was talking about the finale after it aired. It ended extremely well though, with more finality than any other show I can really think of.

[quote name='Commy']Man, I don't know how you didn't know it had finished. Seemed like every single site was talking about the finale after it aired. It ended extremely well though, with more finality than any other show I can really think of.[/quote]

So much finality that I think it's kind of ruined Caprica for me a bit.

I'd love to pick this set up at some point, just would rather not pay $250.

Also I'm very confused as to how everytime something is posted as a preorder on amazon it gets put up here as a deal...? Perhaps there just be one 'available for preorder' thread or something like that.

[quote name='sleepydumbdude']If it is going to hve RAZR I wish they would have waited The Plan to be finished and put it with this set.[/quote]

I remember reading a rumor a while back that The Plan would be included on the set prior to its TV airing, unfortunately now I can't find any indication of that at all.

The Plan is finished now though, they finished it a while back actually. SciFi (or should I say SyFy - dumbest 'rebranding' ever but that's a post for another day) is trying to divide up the BSG content and make it last:
Caprica Pilot on DVD on Tuesday (why the hell isn't this on Blu too?)
BSG: The Plan sometime in the fall
Caprica Season 1 on tv in January

man I just bought Season 3 and 4 the other week too, still havent watched it becuz I planned on rewatching the whole serie before S4.5 gets released...Ill probably end up getting this now, and sell the regular dvds....

$244.00 fits about right. Seeing that each Battlestar Boxset that has been released so far have been sold for $40 in its first week. So if you add up Season 1, 2.0,2.5,3.0.4.0 and 4.5 plus Razor on Standard DVD, that equals about $200-250. So with the Blu-ray boxset you're getting the entire series in 1080p video with DTS Master Audio, not bad at all.

[quote name='darkhawkmark']$244.00 fits about right. Seeing that each Battlestar Boxset that has been released so far have been sold for $40 in its first week. So if you add up Season 1, 2.0,2.5,3.0.4.0 and 4.5 plus Razor on Standard DVD, that equals about $200-250. So with the Blu-ray boxset you're getting the entire series in 1080p video with DTS Master Audio, not bad at all.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, that makes sense, but I was still hoping this set would come in at $200 or less. Not very realistic of me I guess. Not sure whether I'll pick this up right away or wait and hope for a drop or a sale at some point.

[quote name='the_punisher']Any chance this will get much cheaper in the future? $250 is expensive =/[/quote]

While I'm sure it will at some point be an Amazon deal of the day or a Black Friday special, I think it'll actually stay pretty expensive for a while. I mean looking at a comparable sort of material - the sets of Star Trek shows - still cost roughly $50 per season as a complete set on DVD. I mean, who knows?, it could definitely get cheaper but I wouldn't expect a price drop any time soon. I would guess there will be some sales though when Caprica starts next January

from what i read, the hd-dvd version of season 1 was pretty crappy looking, so heres to hoping that they work on that a bit too if its possible.

[quote name='Commy']Man, I don't know how you didn't know it had finished. Seemed like every single site was talking about the finale after it aired. It ended extremely well though, with more finality than any other show I can really think of.[/quote]

[quote name='Frogurt.man']Is this a joke?[/quote]

:cold: I've been living in Japan for the past 4 years.

I don't know if I'd buy it. I netflixed most of it and dvred the rest. I didn't start watching it until about a month ago and finished the series within 2 weeks. I think if I ever caught it on sale for under 200 later down the line I might get it.

Still not sure on this. I have all the way to season 3 on DVD and season one on HD. With only having to buy 4.0 and 4.5 not sure if I want to spend the extra on this box set. I might sell all but the HD set to the local video store and then get this.

I just finished watching the series yesterday. I can't wait to watch it again. I'm probably going to buy this. I just started watching it over Christmas break when I bought the season 1 set on hd dvd.

I'll probably wait for a deepdiscount.com 20% off sale to grab this.

Still placed a preorder with Amazon, though, just in case they give a good deal before it releases. :D

[quote name='the_punisher']Any chance this will get much cheaper in the future? $250 is expensive =/[/QUOTE]

Unless you're dead set on doing a BG marathon on Day One, you'd might as well wait until the holidays. For the past 4 years I've gotten at least one series box set for $249.99 or more at 40 to 50% off due to a coupon fomr either Borders or Barnes & Noble. Not once did the coupons exclude newly-released series.

Hmm, might have to pick this up eventually. I still have Season 1 and 2.0 unopen, so I may sell those to pick this complete series. Still, may have to wait until it's on sale for $200 or less.

[quote name='normalmode']Unless you're dead set on doing a BG marathon on Day One, you'd might as well wait until the holidays. For the past 4 years I've gotten at least one series box set for $249.99 or more at 40 to 50% off due to a coupon fomr either Borders or Barnes & Noble. Not once did the coupons exclude newly-released series.[/quote]

Just remember it's a $349.99 retail - not $249.99 - when planning your purchase

[quote name='BWOzar']Just remember it's a $349.99 retail - not $249.99 - when planning your purchase[/QUOTE]

That's even better during the holidays. The bigger the MSRP, the bigger that savings. Sweet.........

I'm going to wait for the reviews on the quality of the transfer...I thought the HD DVD season 1 was really grainy and the some of the early seasons on DVD were pretty low quality image wise

Damn man.

Is this the first complete series being released on Blu-Ray?

I may hold off on buying this for a couple years, I just can't justify the $244 when I already own all the seasons (except 4.5 of course) on DVD.

If this is $244 for 4 seasons (6 boxsets, technically I guess), I wonder how much the Lost Complete Series is going to be ???

[quote name='BWOzar']Just remember it's a $349.99 retail - not $249.99 - when planning your purchase[/QUOTE]

Good point. If i can get this into my goldbox, the savings would be about equal to what i would get during the holidays.I just wish it wasn't so damn expensive, but i guess you do get a lot for what you're paying for.

I also can't wait for the Lost Complete Series, i'm one of the few that's never seen the show, but heard great things.

[quote name='Vampire_Zio']I'll just watch my roomies torrent copies.[/quote]

That's incredibly helpful... and by incredibly helpful i mean you're an asshole

[quote name='the_punisher']Good point. If i can get this into my goldbox, the savings would be about equal to what i would get during the holidays.I just wish it wasn't so damn expensive, but i guess you do get a lot for what you're paying for.

I also can't wait for the Lost Complete Series, i'm one of the few that's never seen the show, but heard great things.[/quote]

Dude, when you start watching the entire series of Lost, you better make sure you don't have anything to do for at least a couple weeks. Trust me, you will not be able to stop watching. I kind of envy you for not watching it until it's done. You won't be as tortured as us people who watch it week by week.

If highdefdigest gives the BSG complete series video quality at least 4 stars out of 5. I'll probably buy this for $245.

[quote name='the_punisher']Good point. If i can get this into my goldbox, the savings would be about equal to what i would get during the holidays.I just wish it wasn't so damn expensive, but i guess you do get a lot for what you're paying for.

I also can't wait for the Lost Complete Series, i'm one of the few that's never seen the show, but heard great things.[/quote]

Isnt lost ending in 2010? I coulda swore I remember reading that thats when the show was set to end..

I too have never seen Lost.. been wanting to just buy the complete set.

[quote name='Ice2Dragon']Isnt lost ending in 2010? I coulda swore I remember reading that thats when the show was set to end..

I too have never seen Lost.. been wanting to just buy the complete set.[/quote]
That's correct. Lost still has another season after the current one ends.

From Newsarama.com, also reported on TVshowsonDVD.com:

The full series sets will run 20 discs for Blu-ray and 25 for DVD.

The full list of extras for the full series sets include:

EXCLUSIVE TO Blu-rayTM Hi-Def:

U-CONTROL: Universal’s exclusive signature feature puts viewers one click away from going deeper into the making of the film without ever leaving the movie.

THE ORACLE: An interactive guide including ships and characters.

BATTLESTAR ACTUAL: A glossary of all the unique Battlestar Galactica terms.

WHAT THE FRAK HAPPENED TO YOU? Explore the history and connections of your favorite characters through video clips and relevant facts.

BD-LIVE™: Access the BD-Live™ Center through your Internet-connected player to get even more content, watch the latest trailers and more!
BATTLESTAR GALACTICA ULTIMATE BATTLE: Players can battle their friends as Colonials or Cylons using strategy and luck to achieve victory.

MY SCENES: Pick your favorite scenes from the film to create your own video montage.

THE MUSICIANS BEHIND DAYBREAK: Composer Bear McCreary interviews and explains how many unique musicians have contributed the show and specifically the series finale, Daybreak.

BONUS FEATURES (BLU-RAY™ HI-DEF and DVD):

EVOLUTION OF A CUE: Composer Bear McCreary takes us step by step through his process of creating the music of Battlestar Galactica.

What the Frak Is Going On With Battlestar Galactica?: A recap of Battlestar Galactica’s first three thrilling seasons – in only eight minutes!

...AND THEY HAVE A PLAN: What do they mean every episode when the opening sequence on the Cylons states “And They Have a Plan"? All will be revealed in the upcoming movie The Plan.

THE JOURNEY ENDS: THE ARRIVAL: Battlestar Galactica has traveled full circle. The journey has concluded never to be revisited. But how did we arrive at the end?

A LOOK BACK

SO SAY WE ALL: Executive producer Ron Moore and the cast and crew reveal their personal insights on Battlestar Galactica.

MANIFESTO DESTINY: It all began with this manifesto. Why was it written and what was the response?

BATTLE-STYLE GALACTICA: Those behind the camera delve into their approach to visual style of Battlestar Galactica.

MARTYR TO A CAUSE: As the only actor to appear in both the original and reimagined series, Richard Hatch offers his unique perspective on Battlestar Galactica.

THE SINS OF THE FORGIVEN: Insights on the curious religious aspects of Battlestar Galactica.

BATTLESTAR REVELATIONS: Firsthand accounts from those on the Battlestar for the past five years.

AUDIO COMMENTARIES BY RONALD D. MOORE, DAVID EICK AND EDWARD JAMES OLMOS

Ronald D. Moore’s Podcast Commentaries
David Eick’s Video Blogs

DELETED SCENES

BB has the seasons on sale for 26.99 each, i bought season 1, and i was gonna go back this week and get a couple more if i liked it.. i havnt watched much of it yet though.

[quote name='Bervda']From Newsarama.com, also reported on TVshowsonDVD.com:[/quote]

Thanks for posting the info - too bad it seems The Plan isn't on here. Tough to call it a complete series set without that... Would've been nice to have Last Frakking Special too...

Thanks for the info Bervda.
I'm kinda torn now. There'll certainly be another set that includes "The Plan", maybe even "The Last Frakkin' Special", the only question is when. Hrm...

[quote name='Burchamj']BB has the seasons on sale for 26.99 each, i bought season 1, and i was gonna go back this week and get a couple more if i liked it.. i havnt watched much of it yet though.[/quote]
If I was you I would guy buy them all, watch the first season, if you like it good, if you don't return them.

No way you'll find these for cheaper than $26.99 anywhere else.

I lived for this show. But after that finale, it's left a bitter taste in my mouth for whole series.
Basically everything cool in all the previous seasons that looked like they were leading to something just didn't.

[quote name='Stark Rhavyn']I lived for this show. But after that finale, it's left a bitter taste in my mouth for whole series.
Basically everything cool in all the previous seasons that looked like they were leading to something just didn't.[/QUOTE]

My opinion, but I totally and utterly disagree.

Plus it's kinda crappy of you to even hint anything of the ending since they're alot of people here who haven't even seen the series. I won't say anything about it, but I'll just say *in my opinion* (again) that Stark Rhavyn is completely wrong and incorrect.

[quote name='Ice2Dragon']
I too have never seen Lost.. been wanting to just buy the complete set.[/quote]

I hope you are like me. Not wanting to watch that stupid show about some idiots lost on an island. Then giving it a chance and being blown the fuck away just by the first 1-3 episodes, then wind up watching like 8 in a row every day like a crackrock addiction.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']I hope you are like me. Not wanting to watch that stupid show about some idiots lost on an island. Then giving it a chance and being blown the fuck away just by the first 1-3 episodes, then wind up watching like 8 in a row every day like a crackrock addiction.[/quote]

Yeah thats what happened with WEEDS.... I bought season 1 on a whim and watched it straight thru 10 hours.. it was like 9am.. best buy opened.. picked up season 2.. another straight 14ish hours.

That was a great time :)

I was like that with BSG. I picked up the HD set of season one for cheap off of inetvideo or amazon for around 10 bucks. Thinking what the hell if it is bad I'm only out 10 bucks and loved it. After that I tried to find the rest of the show online and could not. So I started to check to see if they had plans for a BD release and at the time found nothing. So I started geting the box sets. I picked up 2, 2.5 and 3 and was able to watch the rest online to get cought up to where it was at the time on tv. I ended up picking 2 of the sets up at Circuit City for cheap when they were closing. I think I was watching a season every 2 or 3 days.

[quote name='Ice2Dragon']Yeah thats what happened with WEEDS.... I bought season 1 on a whim and watched it straight thru 10 hours.. it was like 9am.. best buy opened.. picked up season 2.. another straight 14ish hours.

That was a great time :)[/quote]

Lol, that's my favorite way to piss away a day. Watch TV show box sets. I did that with Deadwood, Lost, Dexter, Heroes, Firefly. I just wish Showtime would stop being such assholes and release The Tudors in America.

[quote name='Bervda']From Newsarama.com, also reported on TVshowsonDVD.com:[/quote]

OKAY, so is RAZOR, the 2 part Mini Series and the webisodes included? Because if not that would really suck. Awesome boxset thought. Very very nice.

[quote name='sendme']I was like that with BSG. I picked up the HD set of season one for cheap off of inetvideo or amazon for around 10 bucks. Thinking what the hell if it is bad I'm only out 10 bucks and loved it. After that I tried to find the rest of the show online and could not. So I started to check to see if they had plans for a BD release and at the time found nothing. So I started geting the box sets. I picked up 2, 2.5 and 3 and was able to watch the rest online to get cought up to where it was at the time on tv. I ended up picking 2 of the sets up at Circuit City for cheap when they were closing. I think I was watching a season every 2 or 3 days.[/quote]

I did the same exact thing with BSG. What's funny is that I finished watching the series the day before they put this boxset for pre-order on amazon. I watched the entire season 4.5 that one day. I couldn't wait any longer to see the ending. I wasn't dissapointed by the ending, but I read a lot of people's reviews that thought it was the most horrible thing in the history of television or something. I guess some of those people would never be satisfied and would have bitched no matter how it ended. I liked the ending tho.

bread's done
Back