Battlestations: Midway

I was playing the demo last night, and honestly for how shitty it looked to me, it is actually LOTS of fun... I think the plane aspect alone puts it ahead of that blazing game, and the ships/subs are fun as hell to use

This is great news. The review seemed extremely positive. Sometimes games can score in the 8's but the reviews are almost completely negative, concentrating only on the negative stuff. But it seemed like this review was the opposite of that. I am really happy that the gameplay turned out so great. I thought the demo was awesome if not buggy but I loved the substance of the demo. Online this game is going to be a blast, especially when you are teaming up with friends.

The gamer in me wants to see it succeed so we get more games like it.

The cheapass in me wants it to fail miserably so I can pick it up for cheap sooner.

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']
The cheapass in me wants it to fail miserably so I can pick it up for cheap sooner.[/QUOTE]

Seeing as how this game is pretty much online only (unless you like bots) I would hope it does well or you would have nobody to play with.

[quote name='thrustbucket']Seeing as how this game is pretty much online only (unless you like bots) I would hope it does well or you would have nobody to play with.[/QUOTE]

Online only? I thought there was a campaign of historic battles?

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']Online only? I thought there was a campaign of historic battles?[/quote]

There are the demo is just of the multiplayer portion of the game.

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']Online only? I thought there was a campaign of historic battles?[/QUOTE]

Well... Battlefield and Unreal Tournament have "campaign" modes too...

i downloaded the demo for this but haven't played it yet because crackdown is taking all my time. I heard on the major nelson podcast, that this game was fun, so i look forward to playing this

yah the demo i saw for this game looks sick. i let my grandpa watch the demo cause he is into all the war stuff cause he was in engineer for the navy so he wants me to pick it up so he can watch me play it. ive heard the controls are gonna be easy to use. so who knows maybe i can get an 80 year old dood to play some games with me.

I think its going to do well, its different and honestly i cant stop playing it, but im kinda into way, and navy, its lots of fun, a current war era version would be awesome...

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']The gamer in me wants to see it succeed so we get more games like it.

The cheapass in me wants it to fail miserably so I can pick it up for cheap sooner.[/quote]

the cheapass in me hopes somebody here gets it and doesnt like it so they can trade it to me!

I just picked up Battlestations Midway for 49.99 at Fry's and have just finished the tutorials but I freaking love this game so far. Can't wait to get online and play a few. Curious to see if this is gonna affect our Japanese / US relations any?

[quote name='dtrice']Curious to see if this is gonna affect our Japanese / US relations any?[/quote]

Not at all, it is a thing called.......HISTORY ;)

Picked this up over the weekend and I'm really liking it so far. It's a good mix of action and strategy. It seems like the single player might be a little short though.

If any CAGs want to try and get some games together post in here and we'll see what we can do.

I am up for some online once I finish single player. My XBL time has been limited lately, but hopefully I can start playing more soon. Anyone that is interested hit me up with a FR.

bread's done
Back