Bay Area Circuit City's

vietgurl

CAGiversary!
Feedback
29 (100%)
So I figured we'd create a thread about the CC's in the area that have games in stock that will be $9.99 on Memorial Day. I hit the CC in Emeryville and they were out of most of the games; I picked up Matrix: Path of Neo and Mark Ecko's Getting Up there. I know they still have these two games in stock and I also saw copies of Blitz: The League, Infected, and From Russia With Love. I'm sure there are more there as I wasn't really paying attention but it seems like a lot of the clearance games are already out of stock.

I just got back from the CC in Hilltop and there are two copies left of Dragon Quest VII there (there were 3 before I grabbed one, hehe). I also saw Blitz, Path of Neo, Rainbow Six Lockdown, Chrystal Chronicles, Infected, Half-Life 2 (there were 2 copies), Ghost Recon 2: Summit Strike, and True Crime: NYC (saw a lot of the LE editions there). This is from memory so I'm sure there were a lot of other games there. It seems like no one from Fatwallet or Slickdeals have hit this CC yet so if you're looking to get games that you can pricematch next week, Hilltop is probably your best bet. Oh yeah, I'm really sure I saw a ton of Doom 3's there also.

Should we add all the new GBA/DS clearance games in this thread too?

San Rafael, CA (6/22/06--noon)

NINTENDO DS:

-Dragonball Z: Super Sonic Warriors 2: 2 copies
-Guily Gear DS: 2 copies
-The Incredibles: Rise of the Underminer: 1-2 copies
-Marvel Nemesis: 1-2 copies
-Metroid Prime Pinball: 1 copy
-Need For Speed: Most Wanted: 1-2 copies
-Polarium: 1 copy
-The Urbz: 2-3 copies
-Ultimate Spiderman: 2+ copies

GAMEBOY ADVANCE:

-Dr. Mario/Puzzle League: 3+ copies
-Harvest Moon: More Friends of Mineral Town: 1 copy
-Mario Party Advance: 1 copy
-Zelda Four Swords/Pitfall (2-pack): 2-3 copies
-Sigma Star Saga: 1-2 copies
-Tales of Phantasia: 1 copy
-Sword of Mana: 1 copy
-Final Fantasy Tactics: 1 copy

just got back from the union city cc
i have wild arms 3 available and got xenosaga episode 2. there is another xenosaga there in case anyone wanna pick it up.

I went to the Circuit City at Almaden/San Jose, and they seemed to have a ton of stuff. However, their GBA stock is totally not organized. Even though their computer said they had 2 FF4s, I searched the GBA section like mad along with two other sales associates and couldn't find them. Anyways, I did get:

Harvest Moon: More Friends, took 1 left 1
Mario Party Advance, took the only copy I saw
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance, took the only copy I saw
Sigma Star Saga, took 1, there's at least 1 more left

Off the top of my head, there were also copies of
Tales of Phantasia
Dr Mario/Puzzle League
Metroid (classic)
... I forget what else was on the list because the original thread seems to be in limbo.

went back to the union city cc and picked up the following xbox games:
indigo prophecy (1 left)
kingdom under fire: heroes (0 left)
gun (1 left)
mercenaries (a few left)
castlevania: curse of darkness (1 left)
kotor 2 (a few left)

there are also plenty of san andreas, hulk: ultimate destruction, and 1 shaolin monks
there is also 1 xenosaga 2 left

Went to the one on Stevens Creek and revisited the one in Almaden. Stevens Creek had none of Final Fantasy GBA stuff, and I didn't check for other stuff. Neither had KOTOR2. We both picked up the Halo triple pack in Almaden... there were at least 4 more in the glass case. Both had several copies of Indigo Prophecy and Sid Meier's Pirates for Xbox.

[quote name='dude2003']went back to the union city cc and picked up the following xbox games:
indigo prophecy (1 left)
kingdom under fire: heroes (0 left)
gun (1 left)
mercenaries (a few left)
castlevania: curse of darkness (1 left)
kotor 2 (a few left)

there are also plenty of san andreas, hulk: ultimate destruction, and 1 shaolin monks
there is also 1 xenosaga 2 left[/QUOTE]

Hey,
were you the person who had someone drop you off and ran into the CC with some games in your hand? Because I just got back from that CC (went around to a few of them, lol) about an hour ago and I think I was there before you because I looked at the kingdom under fire, stood there thinking for about 5 minutes, and then put it back, haha. saw someone run in with some games when i was leaving the CC

anyone see copies of FF4 anywhere?

[quote name='vietgurl']Hey,
were you the person who had someone drop you off and ran into the CC with some games in your hand? Because I just got back from that CC (went around to a few of them, lol) about an hour ago and I think I was there before you because I looked at the kingdom under fire, stood there thinking for about 5 minutes, and then put it back, haha. saw someone run in with some games when i was leaving the CC

anyone see copies of FF4 anywhere?[/quote]

nope that wasnt me. i was there at around 3pm after my dentist appointment and got xenosaga 2 and saw only 1 kingdom under fire left but didn't know xbox games were on sale yet. i came home and got on cag and saw the xbox list. drove back to circuit city around 5 and grabbed it. thanks for not taking kingdom under fire or else i'll be pissed for someone who took the last copy there ;)

well at 1pm there were at least several copies of ff 1+2 and ff4 at the union city cc. I hope either the fremont or union city store will have the warriors xbox.

went back to get some stuff for friends of mine. I got..

Legend of Zelda: A Link To The Past/Pitfall (2-pack)
Tales of Phantasia

this particular CC (San Rafael), still had all of the stuff I posted the day before (also in this thread), sans Metroid Prime Pinabll, FF Tactics, Sword of Mana and extra copies of the Zelda pack. Oh also out of the Guilty Gear DS game. I remember seeing 3 or so copies yesterday.

looks like there are some lurkers in the North Bay. SHOW YOURSELVES :)

I actually think I ran into another person who knew about the sale while I was there. I didn't talk to him though.

Anyone see any Mario VS DK or could pick one up for me? Saw two in Fremont before the clearance and now they're gone..

[quote name='SlippyToad']Anyone see any Mario VS DK or could pick one up for me? Saw two in Fremont before the clearance and now they're gone..[/quote]

fremont cc: some clerk was taking all the clearance games and put them in a shopping cart on friday so i think you might be able to get it on 7/2 in the morning (official date).

[quote name='dude2003']fremont cc: some clerk was taking all the clearance games and put them in a shopping cart on friday so i think you might be able to get it on 7/2 in the morning (official date).[/QUOTE]
yeah.. I saw him and didn't see it on the cart.. I asked him if they had it and they told me it was one of the games he was looking for and I asked if I could purchase it if he found it and he said yes..

So I went and asked someone at the customer service register if they had it and they said they were out of stock on it.. and she checked Union City's CC stock for me too.. I tested her too by asking for Ultimate Spider-man DS, which I knew was there and she told me there was 4 in stock and offered to help me find it..

[quote name='Xevious']So are any of you guys going to camp out at CC this Saturday morning? Just curious....[/quote]

no i already got everything i wanted except for sid meier's pirates. didn't see that anywhere.

i got the last copy of mario vs dk at the fremont cc.

I wont get your hopes up because the fremont and union city store are clearn out before friday

[quote name='62t']i got the last copy of mario vs dk at the fremont cc.

I wont get your hopes up because the fremont and union city store are clearn out before friday[/quote]

disagree on the union city store. i was there last friday afternoon and there were plenty of good games from the sale were still there. as of now, i'm not sure since i didn't go over the weekend.

[quote name='dude2003']disagree on the union city store. i was there last friday afternoon and there were plenty of good games from the sale were still there. as of now, i'm not sure since i didn't go over the weekend.[/QUOTE]
well the stuff doesnt move as fast as i was able to get 2 copies of karaoke revolution, 1 on friday and 1 on sat. There are some good games but the highly sort after stuff were gone.

I walked into Emeryville Circuit city late this morning and I was shocked to see 2 titles I wanted were on the shelves (Xbox Half-Life and Xbox Hulk UD). I didnt see much else on the Xbox side of things with the exception of Godzilla: Save the Earth.

One of the employees told me someone showed up early and bought a shitload of PS2 games.

i was at five stores yesterday. i was pissed that the titles at the bin were either tiger woods or madden. son of a!!!! grrr

i don't feel like going again today, i'll check one or two then call it quits.

fremont, sunnyvale, stevens creek, almaden, eastridge.

yesterday morning at Fremont, i saw a dude with a list.
hmmmm
who could that be?

apparently no one dares to go the Eastridge CC in San Jose. (they don't call it the 'hood' for nothin') ^^topnotch97 excepted.

anyway, bunch of good pickings still available.

many GC Geist still there.
couple GC TimeSplitters: Future Perfect $13.99.
many GC Paper Mario: TTYD (non-PC, no Best Seller logo either!)

plenty of good stuff, but I have them already, so no need to double up. oh yeah, their clearance bins still have some decent PS2 selections.

[quote name='topnotch97']i was at five stores yesterday. i was pissed that the titles at the bin were either tiger woods or madden. son of a!!!! grrr

i don't feel like going again today, i'll check one or two then call it quits.

fremont, sunnyvale, stevens creek, almaden, eastridge.

yesterday morning at Fremont, i saw a dude with a list.
hmmmm
who could that be?[/quote]

how old did you think he was?

[quote name='Mospeada_21']apparently no one dares to go the Eastridge CC in San Jose. (they don't call it the 'hood' for nothin') ^^topnotch97 excepted.

anyway, bunch of good pickings still available.

many GC Geist still there.
couple GC TimeSplitters: Future Perfect $13.99.
many GC Paper Mario: TTYD (non-PC, no Best Seller logo either!)

plenty of good stuff, but I have them already, so no need to double up. oh yeah, their clearance bins still have some decent PS2 selections.[/quote]

eastridge was my first stop. my last stop would be fremont. :bouncy: eastridge was bad? nah. probably the store was small enough, people hardly see anything decent.

could have drove all the way up to Emeryville. not until i notice that the clearance bins are a waste of time to dig.

[quote name='mrblinG22']how old did you think he was?[/quote]
in his twenties i guess.
chubby, wears glasses, asian.

wait. that's me. except for the chubby part.

[quote name='topnotch97']in his twenties i guess.
chubby, wears glasses, asian.

wait. that's me. except for the chubby part.[/quote]

haha. i was thinking it was me until you said asian :shock:

just got back from Circuit City, nothing new, nothing great.

although I saw Spider-Man 2 (DS) for $9.96, mixed with the rest of the $8.96 leftover DS titles. i'm not sure if this was part of any clearance or could be just for that store.

hey everyone,
i'm still seeing those Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past w/ 4 Swords and Pitfall bundled, from the July 4th clearance. it's still $8.96.

and i thought they were gone.

[quote name='topnotch97']hey everyone,
i'm still seeing those Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past w/ 4 Swords and Pitfall bundled, from the July 4th clearance. it's still $8.96.

and i thought they were gone.[/QUOTE]

I know what you're talking about. The CC in Sunnyvale, CA has a ton of them! my estimates put it somewhere around 30-35 packs.

bread's done
Back