Bay Area DS Lites? Broken street dates.

Wayne Cabana

CAGiversary!
Feedback
87 (100%)
Hey Guys!

Just wondering if anyone in the SF Bay area has managed to find a place that's breaking street on the DS Lite? Here's where I've checked so far with no luck:

Virgin Megastore - Downtown SF
Best Buy - SF and Colma
Target - Colma and Serramonte (I think these cats caught on to the street date, because the people on the phone at both places instantly knew what I was talking about and reminded me of the street date. Plus they're both next to Gamestops...)
Circuit City - Van Ness

Good luck everyone!

Both the Emeryville Best Buy and Circuit City don't have them. =(

I've been checking on the comments sections of Kotaku and Joystiq on the subject, and I haven't seen anyone from California report any sucess yet. However, they have been spotted in Orgeon so at least it's not a East Coast only deal. Maybe the Big Box retailers haven't gotten their shipments yet and will by Friday. Not having to wait in line for my EB preorder would be sweet, as the Powell EB is notorious for not having your reserves.

Ah, the hunt continues.

I stopped in at EB Games today and they are obviously not breaking the street date. They told me that they had an email from Nintendo saying that any store breaking the street date for the DS Lite would have all Nintendo product pulled for at least 1 year.

I don't know if I believe that, but it sounds like they are serious about keeping the street date.

TBW

I know these are not in Bay Area, but the Walmart and Target in Woodland doesn't have them, and the Walmart superstore in Dixon doesn't either.

[quote name='Wayne Cabana']Both the Emeryville Best Buy and Circuit City don't have them. =(

I've been checking on the comments sections of Kotaku and Joystiq on the subject, and I haven't seen anyone from California report any sucess yet. However, they have been spotted in Orgeon so at least it's not a East Coast only deal. Maybe the Big Box retailers haven't gotten their shipments yet and will by Friday. Not having to wait in line for my EB preorder would be sweet, as the Powell EB is notorious for not having your reserves.

Ah, the hunt continues.[/QUOTE]

We'll probably get them in at CC on friday, though I don't know if they're going to be selling them yet.

Ok, so I think I found the only place in the bay to break street date. Check it! Go to sears.com and order one for instore pickup. The Sears at Tanferan Mall in San Bruno has them!

DSColage.jpg

I don't know how many they have but get 'em while the getting is good! BLISS! Now off to EB tomorrow to cancel my preorder and get some games!

It looks like you're about to break down into tears in the 4th picture you lucky bastard. I can't find any place around here that has a ds lite.

[quote name='2poor']It looks like you're about to break down into tears in the 4th picture you lucky bastard. I can't find any place around here that has a ds lite.[/quote]

Check your Sears online for instore pickup. I got the tip off a Joystiq post when someone said they did this back east, thoght I'd give it a shot too and got lucky. Nobody thinks about Sears...

[quote name='Wayne Cabana']Check your Sears online for instore pickup. I got the tip off a Joystiq post when someone said they did this back east, thoght I'd give it a shot too and got lucky. Nobody thinks about Sears...[/quote]
Sweet thanks for the tip. I just found one.

EDIT:

How long does it usually take for sears to send out the confirmation email? I usually get stuff like that instantly, but this is taking a odd amount of time.

[quote name='2poor']Sweet thanks for the tip. I just found one.

EDIT:

How long does it usually take for sears to send out the confirmation email? I usually get stuff like that instantly, but this is taking a odd amount of time.[/quote]

Mine took about an hour or so. I think they have to go physically pull it and send it aside before they send out the confirmation.

The site says less than two hours when they're open... so probably the morning at the latest I'd imagine.

[quote name='Wayne Cabana']Mine took about an hour or so. I think they have to go physically pull it and send it aside before they send out the confirmation.

The site says less than two hours when they're open... so probably the morning at the latest I'd imagine.[/quote]

I got this bad feeling in my gut about using my credit card online when my dad just told me someone used his credit card and charged $12,000 on it. I'm all paranoid right now.

[quote name='Wayne Cabana']Ok, so I think I found the only place in the bay to break street date. Check it! Go to sears.com and order one for instore pickup. The Sears at Tanferan Mall in San Bruno has them!

I don't know how many they have but get 'em while the getting is good! BLISS! Now off to EB tomorrow to cancel my preorder and get some games![/QUOTE]

Thanks so much for the info Wayne, I'm waiting patiently for the email then I'm off to San Bruno.

I ordered last night when it said in-stock, but when I got the confirmation, it said it won't be available for pickup until 6/13. Anyone else have this problem?

[quote name='bri637']Thanks so much for the info Wayne, I'm waiting patiently for the email then I'm off to San Bruno.[/QUOTE]

My email says cancelled!

>Dear Sears Online Customer,
>
>Thank you for shopping at sears.com. In order to provide the best customer >experience, we checked with your local store at 1178 EL CAMINO REAL and >discovered that one or more of the item(s) in your order weren't in stock. We >have cancelled this order, and no charges pertaining to this order have been >processed.

I'm not going to run out and buy a DS but I find this whole thing amusing. I wonder if Nintendo is going to fine Target, Walmart and Sears.

Also on a personal note, I rather wait for another color.

Target (Vallejo)
Target (Novato)
Walmart (Vallejo)

None at any of those locations. As I mentioned in the other thread, both Targets were out of all of DS' so asking if they had any in the back wasn't going to help. Since I believe their stockroom is rather large, and they just scan to see if they have any of the said product in the back.

I also ran into a friend of mine who is a Nintendo rep. He and his boss were already aware of what was going on and called a couple stores in their district. Colma Target was one of the first places they called. Of course right away the operator said "Those won't be out until June 11th". Wasn't Colma one of the stores that broke originally? :)

I may have gotten the last one at Tanforan this morning...I ordered at around midnight last night, planning to get 3 (one for me and two for two other friends). That's the order that said I'd have to wait 10-12 days. I placed a second order for just one as well.

In the end I cancelled my order for the 3 b/c the status was 10-12 days. However, to my surprise, the order for 1 went through, and I was able to pick it up this morning :) However, since my friend is a bit more DS hardcore than I, I sold it to him for what I paid.

I'm either a great friend or a big sucker, dammit.

I got an email from sears saying the ds was ready for pickup, but when I went, they said they didn't have any, and the guy in the electronics department said they weren't available til the 11th. Guess I just missed out on getting one, oh well...

[quote name='Wayne Cabana']Mine took about an hour or so. I think they have to go physically pull it and send it aside before they send out the confirmation.

The site says less than two hours when they're open... so probably the morning at the latest I'd imagine.[/quote]

I'm kinda concerned that I haven't received ANY emails from sears.com after I ordered.

Godamnit, I was just in Tanforan last Saturday. I never go to Sears though but if I knew they could have had DS Lites I would have bought at least one. I guess its too late now (?) I'm too lazy to go anyway even though its only a 3 minute drive.

If any of y'all care anymore, the DS Lite is in stock at numerous Circuit Citys in the East Bay Area. Just check out the site, but as of now it can be ordered and picked up in store at Hayward, Concord, Emervyville, Sunnyvale and Pittsburg

bread's done
Back