Bayonetta 2 $39.99 in Meijer print ad (price mistake?) YMMV price match

You must be joking fool smash bros, capt toad, nes remix, pokemon not enough?
You're grasping straws with captain toad & nes remix. Lol!

On topic I cant bring myself to pay more than $20 for a platinum game. They all hit $20 - 30 with in 6 months

Last edited by a moderator:

On topic I cant bring myself to pay more than $20 for a platinum game. They all hit $20 - 30 with in 6 months
Yeah it looks like we are in for another infamous Nintendo drought after SSB hits WiiU. Oh well, hopefully SSB WiiU has enough NEW content to keep me busy.

Don't have the ability or time to upload a receipt picture, but just had a successful price match at Best Buy over my lunch break. Looks like it's still a go, though I do feel just a little bad about it...

sega produced ones do, but nintendo? doubt it. besides playing the future goty on release week when everyone else is is worth the extra $10-$20 you cheapo

Yeah it looks like we are in for another infamous Nintendo drought after SSB hits WiiU. Oh well, hopefully SSB WiiU has enough NEW content to keep me busy.
bro nintendo said themselves they'll have a new game out every month next year. they just dont announce release dates that far ahead. do your homework assbutt

NES Remix is actually a pretty damn good game. It might just be mini games but it executes them well. Definitely a must have game for the WiiU. Not sure about Captain Toad yet but it does look good.

As for Platinum games, yeah they drop quickly (for good reason). Bayonetta is a great game though but it'll be $30 by next month with some deal.

Was it the actual ad or did you print out the ad?
I had the actual ad, just showed it to the guy in electronics. He scratched his head and wondered why a new release would be discounted so soon but didn't ask any more questions grabbed the game and rang me up.

If anyone wouldn't mind doing a fellow CAG a favor, if they would be able to get the game for $39.99 I would buy it + cost of shipping.

sega produced ones do, but nintendo? doubt it. besides playing the future goty on release week when everyone else is is worth the extra $10-$20 you cheapo
Ill pass on that. Wonderful 101 hit $20 within 6 months so ill wait on this too.

NES Remix is actually a pretty damn good game. It might just be mini games but it executes them well. Definitely a must have game for the WiiU. Not sure about Captain Toad yet but it does look good.

As for Platinum games, yeah they drop quickly (for good reason). Bayonetta is a great game though but it'll be $30 by next month with some deal.
Yeah but NES remix/ remix 2 are not new. Most people that wanted it have been playing it for a while. Calling it must have is debatable too. Captain toad was forgettable in SM3DW im not game starved enough to buy a full game based on it.

Bayonetta 2 wont escape the platinum plunge.

The 10/26 Meijer weekly ad has Bayonetta 2 for $39.99. I assume this is a price mistake. Either way I was able to PM at Best Buy. Obviously you'll have to get your hands on the flyer and YMMV. Good luck.
God I miss Meijer, what an awesome store and place to shop.

Was able to price match with the scan of the ad. Meijers has changed the ad in store so the scan might work out. Plus with a $10 certificate made this a easy purchase! Thanks CAG!

Ill pass on that. Wonderful 101 hit $20 within 6 months so ill wait on this too.

Yeah but NES remix/ remix 2 are not new. Most people that wanted it have been playing it for a while. Calling it must have is debatable too. Captain toad was forgettable in SM3DW im not game starved enough to buy a full game based on it.

Bayonetta 2 wont escape the platinum plunge.
Most people haven't even heard about it. I didn't know about it until a friend showed it to me on his WiiU. I didn't want it digitally so I'm waiting for it to come out as this bundle.

I do think it's a must have though. It's a great game that utilizes the gamepad greatly (only other game that did it this well was Nintendo Land).

I doubt it's going to sell millions but it'll definitely have some good sales.

Bayonetta 2 is a Nintendo published game. Don't expect a price drop any time soon. They may be some BF deals but MSRP will be $59.99 for a while.

Bayonetta 2 is a Nintendo published game. Don't expect a price drop any time soon. They may be some BF deals but MSRP will be $59.99 for a while.
Not all Nintendo games stay high in price.

Wonderful 101 dropped relatively quickly.

No one is expecting a price drop, we all expect a deal that would make it $20 - $30 in a month. Whether that's Black Friday, week long deal or an hour long sale.

As said, Wonderful 101 had the same thing happen to it though it's published by Nintendo and also made by Platinum Games.

Has anyone picked up a physical ad in store?  Mine has gone missing since last night and I'm assuming it's the same mistake but was hoping someone could confirm before I drive out that way for nothing.

I brought the ad but the girl at the counter said she had to check the website. Meijer's site shows $59.99. Mother $*$()$)#_#. Now I gotta go to Target. 

I brought the ad but the girl at the counter said she had to check the website. Meijer's site shows $59.99. Mother $*$()$)#_#. Now I gotta go to Target.
If they don't have a price correction up.. they do have to give you for the advertised price by law or it is bait and switch.

(Michigan law)

Has anyone picked up a physical ad in store? Mine has gone missing since last night and I'm assuming it's the same mistake but was hoping someone could confirm before I drive out that way for nothing.
my Meijers actually switched the ads which correctly read $59.99. Had to use the scan of the old ad on page 2 and was able to get it price matched at BB.

Rats.  My local Meijer ad did not have any games in their ad, even though the store sells games.  Was hoping I could PM to Best Buy and sign up for the GCU as well.  Any CAGs out there in the Chicago area that know of a Meijer ad that has the game advertised in it? 

The Bloomington, IL Meijer had a ton of the full ads still tonight. I used one to get the game at Best Buy tonight.

Rats. My local Meijer ad did not have any games in their ad, even though the store sells games. Was hoping I could PM to Best Buy and sign up for the GCU as well. Any CAGs out there in the Chicago area that know of a Meijer ad that has the game advertised in it?
The meijer in bolingbrook, IL has the ad. Just got one today and gonna price match at best buy tomorrow.

Sorry for the late reply, couldn't comment before hand.

Thanks for posting this! I ended up being able to get the game at my local Wal-Mart at the advertised price.

bread's done
Back