Bayonetta(360/PS3) and Sonic & Sega All Star Racing(360/PS3) $19.99 again on bb.com

darkmatter00

CAGiversary!
I went through the on sale sections of the best buy site again this week and Bayonetta and Sonic & Sega all star racing are on sale again for $19.99 and it doesn't appear to be for 2 days like last week. I should mention that the 360 and PS3 version of Sonic & Sega all star racing is showing up as back ordered. Also Bayonetta on the PS3 is showing as backordered. Aside from that there some of the same offers as last week such as the FF XIII and Splinter Cell Conviction 360 Elite bundles are there again with a $50 gift card. Here are the links. I checked out the Wii and DS stuff but, I don't know if anything good is on sale. Lastly, I know it sucks some that some of the games are back ordered but waiting for them to ship at a lower price is a good thing to CAG right?

PS3

haha, wow, when I saw that headline and no posts, I thought I had traveled back in time. Took the time to read the OP and am now clear. :lol: they're making it more tempting now..

[quote name='token2k6']haha, wow, when I saw that headline and no posts, I thought I had traveled back in time. Took the time to read the OP and am now clear. :lol: they're making it more tempting now..[/QUOTE]

How is it more temping, its the same price as before?

Im pretty sure it wasnt for only 2 days last week. I went to a few best buys around Wednesday to try my luck at finding bayonetta and sonic racing and they all had them still priced at 19.99. And even when i looked online last Thursday, bb.com still had it as 19.99 for both. Either way, win for all!

[quote name='nixmahn']How is it more temping, its the same price as before?[/QUOTE]

eh, b/c I was too lazy / and purchased more than I should have last week, so wasn't going out for this, but a whole new week, replinishment of funds..:D

I ordered Sonic Racing shipped to store. It gave a pretty lengthy time frame. Does it usually come in faster than the estimate they give you or is the estimate pretty accurate?

i stayed away last week because my bb had sonic priced at 29.99 on the shelf but i think ill bite tomorrow

Just bought a $25 Best Buy gift card off my friend last night for $10...

I picked up Bayonetta for $20 plus tax. Awesome deal. Really been looking forward to this one. Demo blew me away.

[quote name='plasmabeam']Bayonetta is tempting, but I've heard the PS3 version is weak.[/QUOTE]
I think the patches they put in fixed all the big problems. I think the main issue was load times. I got to the last boss last night and didn't notice any major issues.

There was a pretty long delay going into the save menu, but that wasn't a huge deal.

[quote name='plasmabeam']Bayonetta is tempting, but I've heard the PS3 version is weak.[/QUOTE]

The PS3 Bayonetta really isn't that bad, just some frame rate issues, that's all. If that's your only option, don't let that stop from playing this awesomeness.

Ive heard a few things with Bayonetta PS3. Apparently the colors are washed out and arent as vibrant as the 360 version, Load times are long and there is some dips in frame rates. I believe the patches have fixed the load times and possibly the frame rates alittle. And if you dont have anything to compare it to, the colors would look normal to you anyways.

Bayonetta is such an awesome game -- regardless which system you have, this one is worth owning.

Hands-down the best action game on either console thus far, and it doesn't have the WTF ending like God of War III had.

Thanks for the feedback on Bayonetta. I suppose I'll jump on it. $20 is hard to beat for a great action game.

Here's hoping it rocks as hard as Ninja Gaiden Sigma :bow:

[quote name='romeogbs19']

Hands-down the best action game on either console thus far, and it doesn't have the WTF ending like God of War III had.[/QUOTE]

thanks for spoiling GoW3.... :roll:

Why don't you tell me the ending of Alan Wake too...

[quote name='plasmabeam']It's backordered online. The deal IS good for in-store, correct?[/QUOTE]

It should be good for in-store, give your local Best Buy a call to check the price and availability.

Bayonetta is awesome, btw. I played it on both X360 and PS3 and I have to say that the faults that the PS3 version had were severely over exaggerated. From my experience with the patched PS3 version, the two versions are nearly identical except that the PS3 version has some screen tearing in the latter parts of the game. Frame rate also isn't as consistent as the X360 version, but it doesn't drop as much as some claimed and is not a big deal at all. Overall it's a fantastic action game, best I've played this year.

Also, in for Sonic Racing! =)

Last edited by a moderator:
I just called in my local Best Buy and they actually have the games in-stock even though it shows OOS online and via pickup. The sale prices are live, too, or at least at the BBY that I called. I think it's best to give them a call if you guys are looking to pick up a copy today.

[quote name='Velo214']I played Bayonetta on PS3 and thought it was super awesome. This was after ninja gaiden and dmc4. totally rocked my sox.[/QUOTE]

I loved both Ninja Gaidens to the point where DMC4 became a chore to play. The DMC games feel all clunky after you play something as smooth as NG.

I also recommend picking up Sonic Racing. I bought it last week on Amazon, and it's a beautiful game. Many down it because of what it directly copies from Mario Kart, but it's done very very well and a lot of love went into the course designs. It is the best, if not the only kart racing game on the 360 and PS3.

my BB had a good supply of Bayonetta, but was marked as 59.99. It rang up as 19.99 when I reached the counter.

[quote name='plasmabeam']I loved both Ninja Gaidens to the point where DMC4 became a chore to play. The DMC games feel all clunky after you play something as smooth as NG.[/QUOTE]

DMC 3 is smoother than NG if you know what you're doing. In NG you can't even change weapons without the action pausing.

At least in NG2 you didn't have to go into the pause menu to do it.

[quote name='confoosious']thanks for spoiling GoW3.... :roll:

Why don't you tell me the ending of Alan Wake too...[/QUOTE]

Since when does merely saying it's a WTF ending reveal anything other than my opinion of the ending?

It's also a common consensus among the gaming community that GOW3 had perhaps one of the worst endings of any videogame franchise. I think most gaming reviews make some mention of it, too. Storm pretty much nails GOW3 in his review. Great, epic gameplay -- though I think Bayonetta is better executed -- storywise however, GOW3 is nonsense.

Didn't mean to spoil it -- I didn't say anything substantive :)

[quote name='plasmabeam']Thanks for the feedback on Bayonetta. I suppose I'll jump on it. $20 is hard to beat for a great action game.

Here's hoping it rocks as hard as Ninja Gaiden Sigma :bow:[/QUOTE]

I can't speak for Sigma, but I've played NG1, Black and NG2 on 360 and I can easily say that Bayonetta is superior to all of these.

[quote name='Ichigo1993']I also recommend picking up Sonic Racing. I bought it last week on Amazon, and it's a beautiful game. Many down it because of what it directly copies from Mario Kart, but it's done very very well and a lot of love went into the course designs. It is the best, if not the only kart racing game on the 360 and PS3.
[/QUOTE]

I recommend Sonic Racing as well, although I really wouldn't lavish much praise on the course design. In 3 - 4 player split screen it is really, REALLY, hard to tell where the hell the course is supposed to go if you've never played the game before. I sat down with my wife and some friends and played the game and everyone aside from me never knew where the hell to go. Brightness is always totally off no matter what I do on the more bright levels, and by lowering it, the dark levels become WAY too dark. Single player has been a blast so far. I think I've put about six hours into the game and I've only had it for about four days now.

I'm also appalled at the lack of Phantasy Star themed courses and characters. Phantasy Star is leaps and bounds more relevant than Billy Hatcher.

[quote name='Velo214']I played Bayonetta on PS3 and thought it was super awesome. This was after ninja gaiden and dmc4. totally rocked my sox.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, Bayonetta is possibly my favorite action game now.

[quote name='plasmabeam']I loved both Ninja Gaidens to the point where DMC4 became a chore to play. The DMC games feel all clunky after you play something as smooth as NG.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Curufinwe']DMC 3 is smoother than NG if you know what you're doing. In NG you can't even change weapons without the action pausing.

At least in NG2 you didn't have to go into the pause menu to do it.[/QUOTE]

Eh, DMC doesn't have the same fluid feel that NG does, but it allows for a lot more freedom with your combos. I just wish the enemies in DMC3 were more aggressive like NG.

Another recommendation for Sonic Racing (haven't tried Bayonetta yet)-- loved the Sega fan service and the game is really well done. I was super turned off by the demo on the 360 as the framerate was all over the place, but read in one of the head-to-heads that the latest patch turned off framerate limiting on the PS3 so I went with the PS3 version and am very happy with it. Game runs much smoother on the PS3 with the patch than the demo did on the 360; not trying to start a flame war but I know the framerate hitchiness was an annoyance for some, and at least whatever they did on the PS3 really helped. (I read it made things slightly worse on the 360 somehow)

That said, there is absolutely ZERO reason why this game should have had ANY framerate problems on either console, it's not really pushing things THAT much graphically.

Absolutely worth $20.

bread's done
Back