Bayonetta ::droooool::

[quote name='dragonjud']Oh, and I have to agree with the general sentiment on the vast amount of difference between 'easy' and 'normal'. After finishing the game on 'easy', I tried a couple of chapters in 'normal', and it feels like you're playing a different game.

I don't remember the last time there was such a huge difference between difficulties in a game like this. Playing on easy basically let's you experience the ridiculous over the top story, but it does nothing to prepare you for a real run on 'normal'.[/QUOTE]

Same with the differences between Normal and Hard. Grace/Glory, the enemy type I have the hardest time with, are suddenly everywhere in Hard mode.

I started this game the other day and I've mostly been buying techniques but don't like any of the ones I have left to buy currently so next I plan to buy an accessory. Do you guys have any recommendations on first accessory buys? I finally realized sword=win so the game is a bit easier now :)

buy all the techniques. trust me. If you have any questions on them let me know.

as for accessories, Moon of Mala Kala or whatever it's called is the best one!!

it allows you to parry, and if timed right you get an extended witch time that doesnt expire from inactivity unlike regular witch time.

If you're good at the game, get Gaze of Despair. It puts you in permanent taunt mode, meaning enemies are more aggressive and tougher to attack but you get more combo points. Pretty much free platinum combo scores in each verse.

If you are bad at the game, get the accessory that puts you in witch time when you get hit at the expense of your magic meter.

and yeay Sword is real good, but too powerful and low combo scores for me >_<

I still use it in certain situations (like Alfheim gates) but when I need damage I jus use charged lightning durga.

[quote name='Fjordson']Yeah, I'm a baddie at this game so I got the witch time accessory, for when an enemy hits you.[/QUOTE]
I ended up buying this and also the technique for giving you witch time if you missed the evade by a split second. Next I might save up for the durga weapon.

[quote name='exileinoblivion']I just started playing this today and I have no idea what the hell is going on.[/QUOTE]

And you won't, even after you finish it. Enjoy the pretty graphics and the cool combat. Shut down your brain during the story parts.

[quote name='dragonjud']And you won't, even after you finish it. Enjoy the pretty graphics and the cool combat. Shut down your brain during the story parts.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. That's all I did and I enjoyed it!:D

Beat it on normal yesterday and i was pleased with the overall experience. The story was complete nonsense but the combat, craziness and numerous old school Sega nods,all kept me coming back.

Any suggestions on what to equip during Hard mode?

[quote name='limelight022']Beat it on normal yesterday and i was pleased with the overall experience. The story was complete nonsense but the combat, craziness and numerous old school Sega nods,all kept me coming back.

Any suggestions on what to equip during Hard mode?[/QUOTE]

You're probably long past needing this, but I used katana/kilgore on legs on one set, and double lightning kulshedra on the other set. Killed everything easily just by charging the weapons, cept glorious/gracious. Those are easiest if you have the accessory to parry, to me.

just beat the game
ya for a singleplayer game it's as badass as that commercial makes it out to be. love the huge bosses(reminds me of sonic and i guess some those sega shooters) and arcade fighter style combat!

i'll give hard mode a try later on but im onto inferno now.

btw i pretty much just used the sword the whole time and only really used that bat damage and dash techs. :)

I just beat the gametoday and this has got be the most badass game I have ever played. Last 2 boss fights were epic. Loved the
dancing sequence
at the end.

Beat the game this weekend. Had a lot of fun with it. I played on Easy, mainly because I wanted to use all the moves and not worry about trying to find the best techniques. I didn't mind the ridiculous fighting and story elements, but the basic storyline really didn't make much sense.

It's sorta crazy how many enemy types there are. Really suprised about how much work they put into the ending credits.

lol the little girl calls bayonetta mummy while calling that one guy father. that guy tells bayonetta to call him father!!!

i have no idea if this little girl is bayonetta or not because at times they make it seem that way UNTIL they show both in the past!
:cool:

[quote name='timesplitt']
lol the little girl calls bayonetta mummy while calling that one guy father. that guy tells bayonetta to call him father!!!

i have no idea if this little girl is bayonetta or not because at times they make it seem that way UNTIL they show both in the past!
:cool:[/QUOTE]

From what I gathered, the kid is Bayonetta, even in the past. The sinner or whatever was actually her mom, who had a kid with that angel person. I think.

[quote name='exileinoblivion']I just started playing this today and I have no idea what the hell is going on.[/QUOTE]
That's exactly what I felt like after playing the demo. I'll still probably buy it one of these days, but not at $60.

I just rented the game and beat the first chapter. I am shocked that this game isn't more popular on here. Great gameplay and over the top antics.

[quote name='wildcpac']I just rented the game and beat the first chapter. I am shocked that this game isn't more popular on here. Great gameplay and over the top antics.[/QUOTE]

It's amongst my favorite games tbh. It's a little too over the top for some. Get to the part where you fight Joy and tell me that isn't disturbing =P

bread's done
Back