Bayonetta in Sun Prarier, WI (and elsewhere?)

KratosGOW2525

CAGiversary!
I don't know if this counts, but even though its the full 59.99, I was at Best Buy today doing some shopping and they had tons of copies out on the floor for purchase. The game is not due out till next month!

[quote name='KOFkula']Mr. Peanut I might do the same in my area because on the best buy website there are 2 in my area and it says for store pick up available. I am hoping that they have it. Does anyone know if all best buys are doing this or just some?[/QUOTE]

It lists in stock but it could b e just for preorders. Check a game like Dark Void, or bio shock 2, they also show up in stock at local stores

Edit: Add it to your cart, and you'll see when you get ready to pick options it lists as a pre-order. So, you can't do in store pick up, but they could still have it early, you never know.

Yeah I will prolly have to go check myself. I called my local toys r us and the guy said that the game doesnt come out until january 5th. Also I checked radioshack lol and they are out of stock online.

Confirmed at the Toys R Us in Montgomeryville, PA, at least earlier.

Had the game in hand at the register to purchase, but I think the computer gave the clerk a street date warning. She proceeded to ask the manager and he wouldn't sell it to me. I guess you just have to hope there's no one on duty that knows what a street date is :lol:.

A quick check on BB's website states that GOW III, FF XIII and Bayonetta are all available in every store in the Houston area. I was on my way there when something told me to check CAG first. 'Let's Tap' be damned. I'm not walking out of there without one of these.
However, maybe this is BB's way of screwing with all of us that screwed them over the Fairytale Fights deal.

Going to my Best Buy later to get a price match on The Saboteur so I'll check this out. It's kind of a low profile game so I can see it slipping through onto the shelves even though it's street dated. Damn sales computer will probably throw a wrench in the works though like others said.

I just checked BB in Burbank, CA. The computer shows 20 in stock, but they do not have any on the floor or in back (I asked the sales associate).

[quote name='Shadow1086']Confirmed at the Toys R Us in Montgomeryville, PA, at least earlier.

Had the game in hand at the register to purchase, but I think the computer gave the clerk a street date warning. She proceeded to ask the manager and he wouldn't sell it to me. I guess you just have to hope there's no one on duty that knows what a street date is :lol:.[/QUOTE]

You still wouldn't be able to buy it. There is no way to override a street date prompt on TRU's register.

Just got back from Brentwood Best Buy here in St. Louis and they did have 3 copies on the shelf for 360 (didn't check PS3). Picked one up, waited in line for 10 minutes expecting to be shot down but I managed to buy it without a hitch. All the computer did was ask the guy if I was 17. I'll be on Live playing it in 15 minutes or so if anyone wants proof. First time I have ever got a game early. :D

This game is overrated. It's too over-the-top for me, who regularly enjoys all types of genre video games (especially action). God of War and Dante's Inferno are much better-- at least imo.

The games ok, but not worth buying early unless you really want it....trust me a friend of mine picked it up at a Best Buy here in VA Beach and I played 5 mins of it and turned it off, too many damn cutscenes

[quote name='DJ-of-E']Did you check to make sure it's not "pre-order" boxes?[/QUOTE]
These are actual games. My friend that works at BBY had the same situation. But someone picked up and put all the games in the back.

Three people on my Xbox Friends List were playing this the past two days, so people are getting them from somewhere. Didn't bother to ask them where since they weren't close friends. I'll personally only pick this game up from the clearance bin six months from now.

[quote name='twstd4lfe']The games ok, but not worth buying early unless you really want it....trust me a friend of mine picked it up at a Best Buy here in VA Beach and I played 5 mins of it and turned it off, too many damn cutscenes[/QUOTE]

Where exactly in VA beach? I live in Chesapeake, hopefully its either the one on Independance or on Greenbrier =/. I knew i should have checked today, was within walking distance of one earlier.

[quote name='dgwillia006']Where exactly in VA beach? I live in Chesapeake, hopefully its either the one on Independance or on Greenbrier =/. I knew i should have checked today, was within walking distance of one earlier.[/QUOTE]

Independence Blvd but when i went this morning they were pulled and in the back not for sale (co-worker wanted one thought it would have made an awesome gift )

If you some how managed to find it at BB or Target or whatever, wouldn't the cash register stop you from buying it? I'm pretty sure it doesn't allow a sale if you're trying to buy it before its release date.

Depends, i know a guy who was lucky enough to nab a copy of Soul Calibur 4 like a week before release, no problems at all. I went the next day, and couldnt even buy it after getting into an argument with the manager.

K-Marts seems to be one of the few places that never has a "Do not sell before X date" thing going on.

Who cares...the demo was crap...I think I would rather play GI Joe than Bayonetta...........nah if it came down to only choosing between those 2 games then I would just put the controller down and go get some cake.

[quote name='loc0bob']Who cares...the demo was crap...I think I would rather play GI Joe than Bayonetta...........nah if it came down to only choosing between those 2 games then I would just put the controller down and go get some cake.[/QUOTE]

Dunno what you were playing then, that or you just fail at Video Gaming. The demo i played was possibly the demo for the best game of its kind in the past few years

Well whoever TRUs or BB are selling it early then they get my money otherwise I'll just order it from Amazon and bypass all these hassle.

[quote name='loc0bob']Who cares...the demo was crap...I think I would rather play GI Joe than Bayonetta...........nah if it came down to only choosing between those 2 games then I would just put the controller down and go get some cake.[/QUOTE]
And just an FYI to everyone, the game currently has a 94 on Metacritic, including a couple of perfect scores from EDGE and Famitsu.

I'd love to find this game early anywhere in the Houston area, if you've seen it or see it in the future before the 1/5 release date send me a PM! Game is looking like GotY for me for 2010 already.

[quote name='BlueMarcell']Interesting. I just checked the item availability on the Best Buy website and it says that the 360 version is available at 6 of the nearest Best Buys here in NC. I may have to look into this.[/QUOTE]

Where in NC are you located?

You guys should just try BB's in-store pick-up thing. Every single store nearby me is showing as available.

Sega may have given them the okay to break the date, they did with the Saturn a while ago. Maybe this is a tactic to get more positive opinions out there?

I'm wondering if I should pick this up now or a few months from now when it'll drop in price due to selling poorly...

[quote name='grap3fruitman']You guys should just try BB's in-store pick-up thing. Every single store nearby me is showing as available.

Sega may have given them the okay to break the date, they did with the Saturn a while ago. Maybe this is a tactic to get more positive opinions out there?

I'm wondering if I should pick this up now or a few months from now when it'll drop in price due to selling poorly...[/QUOTE]

It shows available for all pre-orders.

[quote name='Fount']It shows available for all pre-orders.[/QUOTE]
Wish I had read that before placing my order, haha. Fff...

[quote name='dgwillia006']Dunno what you were playing then, that or you just fail at Video Gaming. The demo i played was possibly the demo for the best game of its kind in the past few years[/QUOTE]

Just finished the 1st chapter and my only complaint is the cutscenes run a bit long. Some of them are incredible though.

[quote name='twstd4lfe']The games ok, but not worth buying early unless you really want it....trust me a friend of mine picked it up at a Best Buy here in VA Beach and I played 5 mins of it and turned it off, too many damn cutscenes[/QUOTE]

haha shit yeah brah i herd that. yo i hit u up we play sum perfect dark zero deathmatch later

bread's done
Back