Bayonetta (PS3) $32.99 FSSS Amazon VG DOTD 5/11

You're right. I should post the game name, price, and store, too.

One thing I'm confident about is Cheapy's ability to ensure he's paid.

I would get the game if not for Red Dead Redemption coming out next week + I got BioShock 2 last week as well.

I'll wait until this game hit the $25 mark. Thanks anyway.

OMG, do not get the PS3 version. It's a very crummy port made by SEGA. I highly recommend the Xbox360 version unless you're a PS3-only user; it's doable but noticeably lags while the Xbox360 is just silky smooth.

[quote name='samuraixyz']OMG, do not get the PS3 version. It's a very crummy port made by SEGA. I highly recommend the Xbox360 version unless you're a PS3-only user; it's doable but noticeably lags while the Xbox360 is just silky smooth.[/QUOTE]

i thought it got patched up?

[quote name='samuraixyz']OMG, do not get the PS3 version. It's a very crummy port made by SEGA. I highly recommend the Xbox360 version unless you're a PS3-only user; it's doable but noticeably lags while the Xbox360 is just silky smooth.[/QUOTE]

That's what I keep hearing and as of right now I only have the PS3 and Wii so the PS3 version will have to do. I've also heard the new install update helps alleviate some of the loading problems.

As for the deal, that sounds like a pretty awesome price. I already bit the bullet on the KMart sale but if not I'd totally jump on this one. I downloaded the demo and absolutely loved it so I cannot wait to see what this game has to offer.

I was hoping the 360 might get some love on this from the big A, but it appears not. I'll add PS3 to the title, in addition to the icon.

the patch fixed the problems, i finished the game before it got patched and it wasn't unplayable on the ps3. just don't expect an amazing story and you'll like it.

[quote name='FireWarrior']That's what I keep hearing and as of right now I only have the PS3 and Wii so the PS3 version will have to do. I've also heard the new install update helps alleviate some of the loading problems.

As for the deal, that sounds like a pretty awesome price. I already bit the bullet on the KMart sale but if not I'd totally jump on this one. I downloaded the demo and absolutely loved it so I cannot wait to see what this game has to offer.[/QUOTE]

Same here...ordered it on the last day of the Kmart sale (also ordered FFXIII a few days ago).

While this is a good deal from Amazon, it's a little too late for me and a few others. Great for anyone that didn't get in on the Kmart sale though.

I'm on the fence. I loved the demo, but this just seems like the type of game NewEgg will have for $20-ish eventually... right?

I'm more interested in 3D Dot Game Heroes right now...

(But very tempting and an EXCELLENT price for those who can't wait!)

oh well, that's about how much I paid for the kmart deal, perhaps roughly .xx cents off (since I had it shipped for .99), so I'm not too fussed. especailly since I usually get to DOTD's way too late, I just happened to not be able to sleep tonight).

[quote name='spincut']oh well, that's about how much I paid for the kmart deal, perhaps roughly .xx cents off (since I had it shipped for .99), so I'm not too fussed. especailly since I usually get to DOTD's way too late, I just happened to not be able to sleep tonight).[/QUOTE]

Same way I felt. Now, if this DotD had Bayonetta at $25 or less...I'd be pissed. ;)

Got this for $28 from Gamestop stacking coupons.

The PS3 version is not as bad as people make it out to be. It can get somewhat laggy at parts, but overall, it's a great game. I have both a PS3 and a 360 and wanted the PS3 version instead because the controller felt better suited for this game after playing Devil May Cry years prior with the PS2 controller.

Patch helped with the constant loading. Framerate, tearing, textures, blur are still worse than the 360. Worth it, I find it hard to want the ps3 version if you have both consoles, just doesn't make any kind of sense to me personally. Either way it's still an absolutely amazing action game. Liking that alliteration..

Good deal but I have a feeling this will end up on Gamefly for a deep discount soon enough. My backlog is deep enough!

Thanks though OP!

[quote name='KneeKnee']Good deal but I have a feeling this will end up on Gamefly for a deep discount soon enough. My backlog is deep enough!

Thanks though OP![/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm tempted; but I, too, have a feeling that Gamefly will have this for like $24.99 sometime soon.

If they were offering the 360 version for the same price I'd probably go for it. Oh well, I can hold off, I have plenty of games to play.

Thanks for the heads up OP. Dunno if I should bite though since I'm still undecided about buying a 360. Might as well play the game in all its glory if I am going to buy one.

[quote name='elixe']the patch fixed the problems, i finished the game before it got patched and it wasn't unplayable on the ps3. just don't expect an amazing story and you'll like it.[/QUOTE]

I'm playing the PS3 version right now, 2/3 of the way through non-stop infinite climax for my last 2 trophies, after having come from getting ~950/1000 on 360.

It's not unplayable on the PS3 with the install, but it's still noticeably slower. Menus on the 360 don't take a few seconds to load at certain points in the game (it used to be a few seconds anytime without the patch). Some control responses are missed (something I didn't have a problem with on 360). And there's some MAJOR slowdown during some fights.

The camera seems a little wonky at times on the PS3 which I didn't remember happening in 360, but that one might be my memory.

It's nowhere near unplayable, but it really is still better on the 360 (and I favor PS3 over 360). And if you like DMC/GoW, then you'll most likely love this game.

This is a good offer, if not wrong the game has been over $50 these days (it's in my Wish List, so I've been checking it for a while). I might get it.

Edit: Yep, couldn't resist so I bought it. Thanks OP.

[quote name='KingGondo']Thanks, OP. Got it for $12.99 after my Amazon credit from GTA: ELC and Bioshock 2.[/QUOTE]

That's nice! I got it for $22.99, only had one credit. Had to buy something else to get free shipping, tho :lol:

Got it for $28 shipped :) Threw it onto my 30% off order, bringing the total down to $23. Had to pay for $5 shipping though as that is what is locked into my order. No big deal, $28 is a great price. Glad I didn't pick it up at Kmart.

As some one who has played the pre-patched PS3 version, post-patched PS3 version, and X360 version, I have to tell you that after the patch, the PS3 version is really good and comparable to the X360 version. The patch eliminated all pointless load times (when picking up items, before Alfheims, etc.) and significantly shortened level load times. The "lags" you're referring to are framerate dips, which happens on both the X360 and PS3 versions, especially during the latter parts of the game where the action is high and intensive. The only real difference between the PS3 and X360 version is the occasional screen tearing on the PS3 version, which is minimal and doesn't take you out of the game.

Overall, $32.99 for this game is a steal, regardless of which system it's for.

[quote name='mgsvr']Anyone get Bayonetta for 33 or wait for even more price drop?[/QUOTE]

I bought it for $33.xx total from the Kmart sale. It's hard to say if this will drop a lot. It's one of few games from Sega that actually continues to sell at full or near full price, reason being because it's one of extremely few games published from Sega that doesn't suck this generation.

It's a gamble...but at this price it's a steal, which is why I bit when Kmart had it on sale.

Yea I just ordered it, too, even though I have like 7 games waiting for me to play. Red Dead Redemption will be in my PS3 for a long time until I touch the other ones.

I got Bayonetta because it's from Sega, their good games take forever to drop price (aka Valkyria Chronicles). EA, Take-Two, or other mega publishers drop their price very soon.

[quote name='mgsvr']Yea I just ordered it, too, even though I have like 7 games waiting for me to play. Red Dead Redemption will be in my PS3 for a long time until I touch the other ones.

I got Bayonetta because it's from Sega, their good games take forever to drop price (aka Valkyria Chronicles). EA, Take-Two, or other mega publishers drop their price very soon.[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same boat man! ;)

2 weeks ago I bought Bioshock 2 (for $21.99 using $11 GC) and GTA: Episodes from Liberty City ($29.99) off of Amazon's sale. I then used the combined $20 GC that came with those 2 games and applied it towards my RDR pre-order. Then with the $20 GC from RDR I plan to pre-order UFC 2010, which in turn comes with another $10 that I'll use to pre-order something else (thinking Mafia II and that comes with another $10 GC).

OMG, will it ever end? And that doesn't include the shit-load of games in my backlog that I'm embarrassed to even count.

But like you, come next week RDR will be in my system for a loooong time...with occasional bouts of UFC 2010.

bread's done
Back