Bayonetta Ps3 Amazon DotD $19.99

[quote name='iKilledChewbacca']I thought the PS3 version was broken ?[/QUOTE]

not broken, just not as good (lower performance and not as good colors)

It's just not as good as the 360 version.

Before it's brought up anymore, the PS3 version is completely playable. It's insanely over-exaggerated how bad it is on PS3.

The patch basically fixed the ps3 version. I'm glad this game hasn't hit $19.99 yet, means it's selling well. Feel sorry for platinum games after madworld bombed, they deserve more cash.

It's rather unbearable playing it due to significant FPS issue but playable. I would only get it if you really ONLY have a PS3 console. If you got an Xbox 360, I say wait around for a better deal for that version. I own both versions (bought the PS3 used on Gamefly for 12 bucks including use of gamefly dollars) and I would play it on the Xbox 360 hands down.

(And pains me to say this being that prefer playing these kind of games strictly on the PS3 due to controller preference but I'm a "game functionality over personal preference" guy sadly)

Seriously...this was DotD not too long ago. Amazon just keeps only putting the shovelware on sale as of late. I have an idea Amazon...why don't you fire who ever is in charge of these sales lately and do something worthy of competition...like PM'ing Walmart and their $20 GC bonus for Medal of Honor and other games.

Amazon = fail as of late. It's like they are not even trying and not caring.

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']Seriously...this was DotD not too long ago. Amazon just keeps only putting the shovelware on sale as of late. I have an idea Amazon...why don't you fire who ever is in charge of these sales lately and do something worthy of competition...like PM'ing Walmart and their $20 GC bonus for Medal of Honor and other games.

Amazon = fail as of late. It's like they are not even trying and not caring.[/QUOTE]
There was that Final Fantasy XIII (PS3 version for $19.99) sale recently. Amazon is slipping but there are some good sales every now and then. This Bayonetta deal isn't one of them though.

For those complaining about amazon....sales wise they are doing awesome. I work for UPS and we pick up from their distribution centers and the volume of packages is almost hard for us to keep up with for this time of year. Their sales are so high I doubt they really care.

Like I said in the other thread, anyone who says the PS3 version of Bayonetta is "unbearable" or whatever is a complete super nerd that thinks a slight drop in FPS at any given moment of the game means the game is subpar.

Unless you're comparing screen by screen the entire time, you will never notice anything, or maybe I don't pay enough attention to bullshit things like FPS and minor screen tearing.

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']Seriously...this was DotD not too long ago. Amazon just keeps only putting the shovelware on sale as of late. I have an idea Amazon...why don't you fire who ever is in charge of these sales lately and do something worthy of competition...like PM'ing Walmart and their $20 GC bonus for Medal of Honor and other games.

Amazon = fail as of late. It's like they are not even trying and not caring.[/QUOTE]

Since when was Bayonetta ever considered shovelware?

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Since when was Bayonetta ever considered shovelware?[/QUOTE]

"Shovelware is a derogatory computer jargon term that refers to software noted more for the quantity of what is included than for the quality or usefulness. The term is also used to refer to software that is ported from one computer platform or storage medium to another with little thought given to adapting it for use on the destination platform or medium, resulting in poor quality."

Note that last sentence. Not saying Bayonetta is garbage (I have it...it's good), but it most definitely falls under the definition of shovelware due to its poor porting compared to its 360 counterpart. And I'm sure Amazon has a huge stockpile of Bayonetta they want to get rid of, hence this sale again within a month or so time from the last for the same $19.99 price.

Meanwhile, they are ignoring any real competitive PM'ing with other retailers and their superior deals as of late.

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']"Shovelware is a derogatory computer jargon term that refers to software noted more for the quantity of what is included than for the quality or usefulness. The term is also used to refer to software that is ported from one computer platform or storage medium to another with little thought given to adapting it for use on the destination platform or medium, resulting in poor quality."

Note that last sentence. Not saying Bayonetta is garbage (I have it...it's good), but it most definitely falls under the definition of shovelware due to its poor porting compared to its 360 counterpart. And I'm sure Amazon has a huge stockpile of Bayonetta they want to get rid of, hence this sale again within a month or so time from the last for the same $19.99 price.

Meanwhile, they are ignoring any real competitive PM'ing with other retailers and their superior deals as of late.[/QUOTE]
You're either heavily exaggerating the problems you had, didn't play the game, or didn't use the install. I played it with the install and never had a problem with long load times or noticeable frame rate drops. How long ago did you play it? It might have been patched recently.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Like I said in the other thread, anyone who says the PS3 version of Bayonetta is "unbearable" or whatever is a complete super nerd that thinks a slight drop in FPS at any given moment of the game means the game is subpar.

Unless you're comparing screen by screen the entire time, you will never notice anything, or maybe I don't pay enough attention to bullshit things like FPS and minor screen tearing.[/QUOTE]

I Totally agree, I played and finished Ps3 version a few months ago and it's totally AWESOME.

The gameplay is solid, but it comes in 5-minute spurts. The super campy storytelling, voice acting, cheesy music, and ridiculously hyper-sexualized female characters that constantly interrupt the actual gameplay were too much for me. I just couldn't play for more than a few minutes without rolling my eyes in disgust...and I love action games. Bayonetta is almost as annoying as Kratos.

Just a word of warning for anyone to whom this might apply.

[quote name='S_DOG34']The gameplay is solid, but it comes in 5-minute spurts. The super campy storytelling, voice acting, cheesy music, and ridiculously hyper-sexualized female characters that constantly interrupt the actual gameplay were too much for me. I just couldn't play for more than a few minutes without rolling my eyes in disgust...and I love action games. Bayonetta is almost as annoying as Kratos.

Just a word of warning for anyone to whom this might apply.[/QUOTE]

So... just you?

Man these PS3 Bayonetta deals are always tempting but should resist since I'll most likely get a 360 within the next few years. Not sure what the re-playability of this game is but if I end up only playing it through once, I definitely want to play the game in its best form. Plus Vesperia PS3 just doesn't look like it's going to be coming here anytime soon if at all so it's good to have another reason to want the console.

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']"Shovelware is a derogatory computer jargon term that refers to software noted more for the quantity of what is included than for the quality or usefulness. The term is also used to refer to software that is ported from one computer platform or storage medium to another with little thought given to adapting it for use on the destination platform or medium, resulting in poor quality."

Meanwhile, they are ignoring any real competitive PM'ing with other retailers and their superior deals as of late.[/QUOTE]

This is a VERY Broad definition for "shovelware"

I and many will agree that just because one is ported doesnt make it shovelware.

Bayonetta is a very quality game as the Metacritic scores agree.

There is definatley a reason the PS3 version is the one on sale though

[quote name='whoknows']It's just not as good as the 360 version.

Before it's brought up anymore, the PS3 version is completely playable. It's insanely over-exaggerated how bad it is on PS3.[/QUOTE]

Truth. I've played the entire game and it's fine. There were a couple of minor and very short-lived slow down moments, but that was it and it didn't bother me at all.

The gameplay itself has the potential to make this one of the best single player fighter game.

The incoherent story however, prevents it from doing so, especially since I've been spoiled by the storytelling of GOW I and II.

Hell, even GOW III storyline was better than Bayonetta, and it was rather poor.

Such a waste on what possibly could be the best gameplay I've seen in a fighting game.

I recommend skipping the cutscenes and go straight to the action scenes, and I never do that in games...

Hmmm.... still not sure whether to get this on PS3. I might try to grab it from Nebraska Furniture Mart for 10$ and on 360 (even though I got 1000G). I just love the game alot and find it really fun. One of my favorite games.

Yeah, the story is pretty corny, but the actual gameplay (you know, this is a video game and all) is awesome once you get used to the mechanics.

bread's done
Back