BB - 1600 X360 Marketplace points $14.99 after GGC

FrankieFiero

CAGiversary!
Sorry if this is a repost, but I remember seeing someone ask if this would work in another thread...

I can confirm that the GGC will work on the 1600 points card BB has on 'sale' for $19.99 this week (even though that's regular price everywhere else). I picked one up tonight to try it out, rang up no problem.

It's that gamer gift card. It's like a normal giftcard but it comes with a $5 off thing and is only usable on games.

[quote name='Stuka']It's that gamer gift card. It's like a normal giftcard but it comes with a $5 off thing and is only usable on games.[/QUOTE]
I dont really get this ggc. Dont you have to buy the giftcard to get that $5 off coupon on games? Doesnt this in effect cancel out the savings of the coupon?

[quote name='addicted2games']I dont really get this ggc. Dont you have to buy the giftcard to get that $5 off coupon on games? Doesnt this in effect cancel out the savings of the coupon?[/QUOTE]

Yes, you do have to buy a gift card to get the gift card coupon, but then you just use the gift card on the game you want. Gift cards don't actually cost anything, you are just putting that money towards a future purchase.

[quote name='addicted2games']I dont really get this ggc. Dont you have to buy the giftcard to get that $5 off coupon on games? Doesnt this in effect cancel out the savings of the coupon?[/QUOTE]

well you could put a dollar on it and then use the gift card towards the purchase. I don't see how this cancels out the effect at all.

[quote name='fraeone']Yes, you do have to buy a gift card to get the gift card coupon, but then you just use the gift card on the game you want. Gift cards don't actually cost anything, you are just putting that money towards a future purchase.[/QUOTE]
Ah, ok, makes sense now. Its late, not thinking too good right now. Yeah, as long as you use it towards a game purchase in the future, it lowers the game price. Gotcha. Thanks.

[quote name='addicted2games']Ah, ok, makes sense now. Its late, not thinking too good right now. Yeah, as long as you use it towards a game purchase in the future, it lowers the game price. Gotcha. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

nah man just go through the line once, buy a gift card, take your coupon, get your game, come through the line again, use your coupon, buy your game, use the gift card and it's all done in one day. It takes like a minute for the gift card to activate.

[quote name='takingchase']nah man just go through the line once, buy a gift card, take your coupon, get your game, come through the line again, use your coupon, buy your game, use the gift card and it's all done in one day. It takes like a minute for the gift card to activate.[/QUOTE]
Thanks. Will try this out tomorrow. Just gotta decide what game I want, so many to choose from.

[quote name='addicted2games']Thanks. Will try this out tomorrow. Just gotta decide what game I want, so many to choose from.[/QUOTE]

it's almost impossible to find a $5 off $20 GGC anymore. They are all 5 off 30 now.

[quote name='takingchase']it's almost impossible to find a $5 off $20 GGC anymore. They are all 5 off 30 now.[/QUOTE]
Well then, maybe I should get Metal Gear Solid 3 Subsistence that just came out.

Yea, my BB still has teh 5 off 19 ones, but I also noticed the 5 off 30. I wonder once the 5/19.99 ones go if they will come back or just keep the 5/29.99 ones in stock.

There's still a bunch of the blue $5 off $19.99 GGC at the BB's in Jacksonville. Most of the time they are right near the door when you walk in but occassionally I see then in the video game section up on the shelf.

For what its worth, I don't even screw around with putting money on the gift card anymore, I just grab the jewel case and walk over to the video game section to find what I want, and then I rip off the coupon and just casually set down the jewel case prior to walking up to the register.

The blue GGC's with $5 off are hard to find in Chicago, too. I usually go to the one in North Riverside on the way home from work, but they don't have the blue cards anymore.

[quote name='specialk']I've only got the 5 off $30 at my BB also...and aren't the 5 off $20 expired on the back?[/quote]

No, I think there are some floating around that expire in '07...

[quote name='shieryda']No, I think there are some floating around that expire in '07...[/QUOTE]

They expire in June '07 I believe - and are hard to find. You can get them from BB online, but they're $15 (min) cards.

Do they charge tax for these? I haven't bought points before, but if you buy the points online there's no tax, right?

my best buy (richmond, va) has a ton of the good gift cards. I took 5 up to the register telling them i wanted to put a penny on each one and they just let me take them. they expire in '07, pretty awesome. i should probably grab some more because I bet they stop making them eventually.

[quote name='TheShiz']my best buy (richmond, va) has a ton of the good gift cards. I took 5 up to the register telling them i wanted to put a penny on each one and they just let me take them. they expire in '07, pretty awesome. i should probably grab some more because I bet they stop making them eventually.[/quote]:applause:

I'm surprised they let you get away with that. Usually, they make you put at least $5 on the cards.

[quote name='Shayde']Do they make GGCs for DS. My BB only has 5 off 30 for PS2 and Xbox. Haven't seen any Nintendo ones ever.[/quote]

Yeah i find PS2 and xbox all the time but i have never seen the good one or any nintendo ones. Boo to that.

bread's done
Back