BB 2 year replacement plan

yuckfou

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
planning to buy it for my PSP, is it any good ?
so basiclly within 2 years if theres something wrong with the system, you can return it and get a voucher for the amount you paid --> $249...

the plan cost $39.99

BB has some REALLY stingy rules on that stuff. You really have you read every detail on that paper they give you. There are a ton of things that could go wrong that they will not replace.

They won't replace from abuse or neglect. Only manufacturer defect.

Drop it in water, drop it on concrete, step on it, throw it up against the wall, all not covered.

As long as it doesn't look like its been through hell and back, the one that I work at usually takes it back. IMO it is one of the best protection plans available because we give you money back in store credit, so you can get a new one, you usually are not without your product ever unless we are out of it.

The one time I used mine on my PS2, I got absolutely no hassle. Took it in, told them the controller port died (was very strange, it just quit). They let me go grab another one. I was in & out in less than 20 minutes.

[quote name='Rags']BB has some REALLY stingy rules on that stuff. You really have you read every detail on that paper they give you. [/QUOTE]

This post is right, be sure to read the details and not to rely upon what the clerk tells you. My CD changer went bad recently and I was a bit suprised to hear the actual terms of the contract. It wasn't a huge deal in my case, but it just turned out to be not as comprehensive as I was lead to believe at the time of purchase (my own fault for not reading the details).

[quote name='bignick']Most dont cover wear and tear parts either. Batteries things like that.[/QUOTE]

not covering batteries makes sence, or everyone would be returning theres in a year or two when their original battery won't hold a charge as well.

imo, if it doesn't cover dead pixels and dust, $40 is a bit expensive. because anything else that could go wrong with it that i can think of either wouldn't be covered or would be part of some massive recall/replacement (like xbox power cords or first gen ps2s with that blue disc problem). and you've still got a certain amount of coverage through sony (even if you have to pay s&h and wait a month).

on the other hand, i bet those with a warrenty on the older ps2's could've made out well when the slimlines came in...the warrenty gives you what you originally purchased the item for, not the current price, right?

~

I've taken back plenty of stuff, and beyond asking what's wrong they've never even checked things. Now I buy the plan on everything, cause it really saved my ass when my Xbox started to have problems reading games.

[quote name='tauruskatt']
on the other hand, i bet those with a warrenty on the older ps2's could've made out well when the slimlines came in...the warrenty gives you what you originally purchased the item for, not the current price, right?

~[/QUOTE]

Yup, I bought my Xbox for 300. It dropped to 200 and I started to get DRE's. I got a new Xbox, and 2 games.

Edit: It does also cover normal wear and tear, and the batteries on some things. If the battery is replaceable, it does not cover it (see Zen Micro/PSP). It would cover it on things that you couldn't replace yourself (Ipod). Well this is my understanding of it anyway. I only sell it on systems because I'm in Media.

haha, good call. It's good to keep in mind that even though bb employees have to get these so they will try and sell them to you, it doesn't mean that you can't use it to your own advantage =P

I've never gotten one from there because I've only bought pc things there, and chances are I was going to void it somehow ^^:

[quote name='fanskad']They won't replace from abuse or neglect. Only manufacturer defect.

Drop it in water, drop it on concrete, step on it, throw it up against the wall, all not covered.[/QUOTE]

Of course, some BB employees will actually tell you it is just to get you to purchase the plan.

[quote name='moe11888']Damage by acts of God is one of them.[/QUOTE]

What if I'm an atheist?

Anyway, don't ever go by what the salesfolks tell you--they can tell you anything, but when you need to use it, they'll go by what's in print in the contract.

[quote name='dtcarson']What if I'm an atheist?

Anyway, don't ever go by what the salesfolks tell you--they can tell you anything, but when you need to use it, they'll go by what's in print in the contract.[/QUOTE]

My buddy bought his XBox and purchased a warranty plan on it. I remember him raving about how good of a buy it was. "The Best Buy dude told me that if I dropped it, threw it up against the wall -- anything! -- that I could return it for new one!"

Think maybe the employee was exaggerating just a bit? ;-)

"the plan provides coverage for product failure due to dust, heat, humidity and normal wear and tear" :)
taken from product replacement plan flyer

it also says, to receive Replacement Voucher cal 1888 number, DO NOT RETURN PRODUCT TO STORE ..... anybody tried to return it at store and get a voucher ?

[quote name='yuckfou']"the plan provides coverage for product failure due to dust, heat, humidity and normal wear and tear" :)
taken from product replacement plan flyer

it also says, to receive Replacement Voucher cal 1888 number, DO NOT RETURN PRODUCT TO STORE ..... anybody tried to return it at store and get a voucher ?[/QUOTE]

Yea I purchased this plan before, call the number they send you a sticker to ship out your game system. Takes about a week or 2 to receive the voucher!

I'm thinking about getting the warranty...I guess i have 30 days to decide. I may get it in case something legitimately goes wrong-- the PSP just seems so fragile, ya know?

[quote name='WinnieThePujols']My buddy bought his XBox and purchased a warranty plan on it. I remember him raving about how good of a buy it was. "The Best Buy dude told me that if I dropped it, threw it up against the wall -- anything! -- that I could return it for new one!"

Think maybe the employee was exaggerating just a bit? ;-)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that dude was lying through his teeth, as they usually do. they tried to tell me that I would need a set of $60 monster cables to hook up my dvd player to my TV. They just brought them over without me asking about anything like that. I laughed at them and said they were funny XD

so if something goes wrong with my psp...i cant just take it to the store and say i have the warranty and replace it??? i was thinking of waiting a couple months and then go back and say something is wrong with it so i can get a new one

BB's policy covers batteries on laptops and such. I have had a few laptop batteries replaced.

bread's done
Back