BB - E3 Sale $20 off on Pre-Orders ($10 Reward Zone + $10 Instant Credit)

[quote name='PuppetYuber']Diablo 3 and Bioshock Infinite doesnt come with reward zone :([/QUOTE]

Too bad. :cry:

I really want to pre-order Revelations, especially after the cliffhanger ending of Brotherhood, but don't want to because the game will hit $19.99 6 months after release.

[quote name='PuppetYuber']Diablo 3 and Bioshock Infinite doesnt come with reward zone :([/QUOTE]Neither does Zelda. Looks like the FS deal is better. I'm just waiting to see if I can get Zelda after Nintendo's conference tomorrow since it's not part of the FS sale yet.

this really depends on if you only want 1 game vs 3 ! if you only want mass effect 3 for example then do it with best buy but if you are going to buy 3 title go with future shop :D and if the game you want at bestbuy get the $10 reward zone or not

Well, do they ship the games separately with the FS deal? I'm getting at least 3 of those E3 games.

Hmm... I'm interested in 6 of those games but if they don't ship separately then no deal.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']Well, do they ship the games separately with the FS deal? I'm getting at least 3 of those E3 games.

Hmm... I'm interested in 6 of those games but if they don't ship separately then no deal.[/QUOTE]
someone did say they ship games as the become available just not sure how they charge you tho?

[quote name='lowlowgoodprice']someone did say they ship games as the become available just not sure how they charge you tho?[/QUOTE]
Well normally if they ship items separately they charge you separately.

[quote name='JamesX']wow, looks like BB now has only the $10 off and no 800 reward points, that blows![/QUOTE]

That sucks, I pre-ordered ME3 when it was there, they'd better honour that.

[quote name='lowlowgoodprice']so will they give the rz pts when it was still up?[/QUOTE]

I printed the page showing the discount when I ordered Batman:AC...if they don't honour it I'll be complaining to them

they should though as they've had sales before and never taken off the reward zone points so I'm not sure why they did this time

Ya I"m starting to worry about my Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time 3ds preorder. They had the 800 points before and now it's gone. Not sure if they're going to honour it.. and it's a limited launch like super mario all stars.. I can swear the points logo was still there yesterday (I decided to get an extra copy to keep sealed) and today when checking on it again it's gone..

[quote name='Faytz']Ya I"m starting to worry about my Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time 3ds preorder. They had the 800 points before and now it's gone. Not sure if they're going to honour it.. and it's a limited launch like super mario all stars.. I can swear the points logo was still there yesterday (I decided to get an extra copy to keep sealed) and today when checking on it again it's gone..[/QUOTE]

There is no indication that the NA release of Ocarina 3D will be limited; the comments relating to that were from a Japanese news site and should be relevant only to the Japanese market.

[quote name='Derfel']There is no indication that the NA release of Ocarina 3D will be limited; the comments relating to that were from a Japanese news site and should be relevant only to the Japanese market.[/QUOTE]

Oh I was brought aware of this by a Eb game employee, I was just checking some games and the conversation came up and she remind me to preorder at my local eb since it's going to be a limited release like super mario all stars. The only thing online I can find about it is rumours... Well if it did turn out to be not a limited release I can always just return it to best buy... I'm just bummed out that I might not get my reward points...

[quote name='lowlowgoodprice']so will they give the rz pts when it was still up?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='kyle071785']I printed the page showing the discount when I ordered Batman:AC...if they don't honour it I'll be complaining to them

they should though as they've had sales before and never taken off the reward zone points so I'm not sure why they did this time[/QUOTE]

I emailed BB yesterday to see what was what, got a response today.
Thank you for contacting Best Buy regarding Order #: ********.
Though the promotion has ended, I can confirm that your order was placed with the necessary timeframe to receive the 10.00 off and 800 Reward Zone points for preordering Mass Effect 3.
Regards,
Justin
Agent ID: *****
Best Buy Canada

Now if there is any problems(and there will be because BB never adds rewards points) I can point to this ticket.

There's a coupon you can use to get an exta 10% off on your game at best buy at the moment.

Input: Videogame

at the same page where you input credit card info.

Now I just reordered the upcoming Zelda Wii game to have the total come to 49.27..

Anyone think I should preorder Catherine with Best Buy too? They have no mention that it'll come with soundtrack and artbook (I'm not going for the deluxe edition or alternative cover)... >_> Not sure if it's a good idea to cancel it from amazon.. Does anyone know if the first launch games all come with the artbook and soundtrack? Or is it just certain retailers?

Hmm found this page after trying to find an answer whether bestbuy is going to get the bonus:
http://catherinethegame.com/purchase.html

any ideas? Does this mean bestbuy.ca is a participating retailer and I will get the item? I'm not used to preorder items with bonus from bestbuy...

ordered gears 3 and arkham city with the code. good deal. also go dead space 2 (been putting it off forever).

[quote name='Faytz']Anyone think I should preorder Catherine with Best Buy too? [/QUOTE]

as much as I enjoy Atlus' titles I think I'm actually holding off on Catherine until I see more on it. I watched the 2 different quick looks that Giant Bomb did and the game looks pretty bad to me and seems like it'll get boring quickly...but that may change as Giant Bomb only previewed a very limited part of the game

I really want another Persona though...they better have something planned for the PS Vita

[quote name='kyle071785']as much as I enjoy Atlus' titles I think I'm actually holding off on Catherine until I see more on it. I watched the 2 different quick looks that Giant Bomb did and the game looks pretty bad to me and seems like it'll get boring quickly...but that may change as Giant Bomb only previewed a very limited part of the game

I really want another Persona though...they better have something planned for the PS Vita[/QUOTE]

I'm waiting for other retailers to put up Persona 2 innocent sin for the psp...

I agree catherine looks pretty bad, and I bet the puzzle part of the game is going to be boring... but I kind of want to see this game through.

Okay maybe I'm dumb, but the link on the first post takes you to the CANADA Best Buy website. They don't seem to ship the the US. I went to the US Best Buy website, but was unable to find this deal. Can anyone clarify this deal for me.

[quote name='Rahxephon']Okay maybe I'm dumb, but the link on the first post takes you to the CANADA Best Buy website. They don't seem to ship the the US. I went to the US Best Buy website, but was unable to find this deal. Can anyone clarify this deal for me.[/QUOTE]

No, you are not dumb, just in the Canada forum ... happens all the time.

thanks zelda! preordered zelda finally i wont have to wait years and years for it not to be 59.99 but its not looking good with a fatigue system i want to runnn freee without getting tired :( this is more and more feeling like majora mask ! vs orcarina of time in terms of it not being better than first one

Crap should I reoreder all my games to get the 10% off? I wouldn't be a cheap ass gamer if I didn't but it's gonna be a huge pain in the butt.

Hmm, actually I got most of my BB orders in when they were giving the 800 points so I won't redo those.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']Crap should I reoreder all my games to get the 10% off? I wouldn't be a cheap ass gamer if I didn't but it's gonna be a huge pain in the butt.[/QUOTE]

Careful though. Some of the games that I preordered don't offer the $10 RZ points anymore.

The extra 10% is on the original $59.99, so it saves you an extra $6 ($6.78 including the saved HST) on top of the original $10 saving. So a $59.99 game becomes $43.99.

Personally, $6.78 saved right off the top is better than $10 in credit that you have to wait 30 days for, and is ONLY good in the physical store. On top of that, in my experience, they almost never apply it properly, and you end up having to email them after 30 days to get it applied. That's too many hoops to jump through for me just to save less than $4.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']Yeah, I noticed that but the only one of those I would want was Mario Kart. I did get Uncharted for PS Vita though.[/QUOTE]

Not even Star Fox? It's gonna be awesome! I'm also on board for Luigi's Mansion.

I never played Luigi's Mansion so I don't want to commit to it, and I'm not that interested in Starfox. The ones I want are Super Mario Bros, Mario Kart, Snake Eater, Zelda. Now that you mention it maybe I should order Luigi just in case.

Read the fine print people the $10 off on E3 preorders is only valid for games priced at least $49.99, so all 3DS games costing 39.99 are out.

Kinda shady that they still list 3DS games in the E3 promo games list :roll:

[quote name='imad']Read the fine print people the $10 off on E3 preorders is only valid for games priced at least $49.99, so all 3DS games costing 39.99 are out.

Kinda shady that they still list 3DS games in the E3 promo games list :roll:[/QUOTE]

I think you're talking about Future Shop; the Best Buy promo is different. The $10 off E3 pre-orders applies there, and you can add the "VIDEOGAME" promo code for an additional 10% off (which is calculated based on the original price). My 3DS pre-orders processed through at $25.99 + tax.

[quote name='imad']Read the fine print people the $10 off on E3 preorders is only valid for games priced at least $49.99, so all 3DS games costing 39.99 are out.

Kinda shady that they still list 3DS games in the E3 promo games list :roll:[/QUOTE]It's going through on BB with the $10 off 3DS and PSV games even though they're only $39.99. Add to that the 10% off code and they're only $25.99.

[quote name='Derfel']I think you're talking about Future Shop; the Best Buy promo is different. The $10 off E3 pre-orders applies there, and you can add the "VIDEOGAME" promo code for an additional 10% off (which is calculated based on the original price). My 3DS pre-orders processed through at $25.99 + tax.[/QUOTE]BB also has the $49.99 and up games fine print but it's still applying there.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']I never played Luigi's Mansion so I don't want to commit to it, and I'm not that interested in Starfox. The ones I want are Super Mario Bros, Mario Kart, Snake Eater, Zelda. Now that you mention it maybe I should order Luigi just in case.[/QUOTE]

I ended up switching my Zelda pre-order to EB with their Trade 1 + $14.99, as I managed to grab a qualifier for $5.

[quote name='Fuzzy']BB also has the $49.99 and up games fine print but it's still applying there.[/QUOTE]

Ah yes, I see where it is now. I guess I missed it before; hopefully my orders hold up! :)

[quote name='Rastafari']Come on Mario KART 3DS!! How can a pre-order be sold out? :([/QUOTE]

Ya and then they took it off their page >_> pity since first party nintendo games don't generally go on sale.

Ah well, we were able to get Luigi's Mansion for $25.99 at least. I put in an order for Resident Evil Revelations at $35.99 also, hopefully will find a better deal before that comes out.

Deals appear to be done on BB, seems to still be in effect at FS.

so is the stacking of reward zone pts DEAD? since in the fine print it says
Pre-order this game and get 800 Reward Zone Bonus Points!* ($10 Value)
*Reward Zone Bonus Points only valid on orders placed after July 22, 2010

oops my bad lol its 2011 so i guess we are still still good e3 sale was june 2011 right?

bread's done
Back