BB free $15 savings with $150 gc purchase

To clarify, if you need more than 3 codes, is the same payment method fine?
I know a different email address/name should be used for any after 3, but will it flag it if it's the same payment method?

Ah, this is tempting. Between this or going to Rite Aid to buy a $50 Best Buy gift card and get 800 Plenti Points (about $8). Maybe I would have gone for this if I'm close to making Elite status (about $500 away from it, so that's a bit far.).

So after looking further. It doesn’t appear buying the gift cards or using the gift cards will count towards Elite status. That’s kind of a bummer. I guess I have a decision to make. I’m literally about $450 away from Elite. Either buy 3 of these and save $45. Or become Elite for the next year. Any suggestions?

So after looking further. It doesn’t appear buying the gift cards or using the gift cards will count towards Elite status. That’s kind of a bummer. I guess I have a decision to make. I’m literally about $450 away from Elite. Either buy 3 of these and save $45. Or become Elite for the next year. Any suggestions?
from what I remember, purchasing e-gift card does count toward your elite status.

There's a spot during checkout to use your BestBuy member ID to get credit for your purchases on your account.
I hope this is true. The reason I said it wouldn’t work is because I read all the FAQ and chatted with customer service last night to ask. That’s actually really helpful. I’ll be buying 3 $150 cards today.

If you're trying to maintain Elite status and can afford to do so, just get the MyBestBuy credit card and pay some monthly bills on it.

Saves the hassle of trying to spend that much directly at Best Buy.

???

Unless they have a store specific card and a separate charge card like Amazon does, you can use it for other things. I've never been aware of two different card types for Best Buy though.
There is. I just double checked the site. I wonder if I just need to call to get it switched over? There’s a my Best Buy credit card and a my Best Buy visa.

For the people who have used this promo before, were you able to use the multiple $15 savings codes all at once on the later purchase? Or were they unstackable?

They had this deal back in July or August. Worked like a charm. Make sure you put your BB rewards member ID in the field on the cashstar page. I didn't for one of my purchases and had to call them for a manual add of the certificate.
Do you or anyone else know of the correct avenue to fix this? When placing my order, the Member ID field was greyed out and I didn't get credit for it. I spoke with Best Buy customer service for the Elite program and they said they couldn't fix it because the Cashstar order number isn't recognized by their system. I then called Cashstar who could see the order just fine, but said they couldn't update the order to add my Best Buy member ID and transferred me back to Best Buy...

Do you or anyone else know of the correct avenue to fix this? When placing my order, the Member ID field was greyed out and I didn't get credit for it. I spoke with Best Buy customer service for the Elite program and they said they couldn't fix it because the Cashstar order number isn't recognized by their system. I then called Cashstar who could see the order just fine, but said they couldn't update the order to add my Best Buy member ID and transferred me back to Best Buy...
Did you pay with PayPal? I noticed I couldn't put my member id with PayPal which is why I paid through the normal way, and then I was able to do it. Only way at this point would be BBY customer service. Probably very hard to get them to do it since they wouldn't be able to verify it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you pay with PayPal? I noticed I couldn't put my member id with PayPal which is why I paid through the normal way, and then I was able to do it. Only way at this point would be BBY customer service. Probably very hard to get them to do it since they wouldn't be able to verify it.
Ahhh, you're absolutely right! I did use Paypal.

I'll take another crack at customer service tomorrow. These gift cards are what should put me over the limit into Elite again next year.

I didn't pay with PayPal and the CS rep on the phone was particularly helpful. She even called back a week later to make sure I got the points! I don't expect similar service during Black November.

Note to self, just go ahead  and buy this gift card deal the next time it's available.I pretty much just spent near $150 anyways.

Yea I was worried about points and it going towards elite. It worked for both. The points were pending the following day. I purchaseded the max($450) to go towards my tv purchase this week.

Note to self, just go ahead and buy this gift card deal the next time it's available.I pretty much just spent near $150 anyways.
Same, but my problem is I didn't want to be stuck with the CGs in case some other place ended up having a better deal.

But I spent over $300 @ BB. Le sigh.

I think I finally got it resolved by calling My Best Buy at 888-237-8289.  It sounds like it's a scenario they're not familiar with resolving since it took about 30 minutes or so this morning.  However, the agent I got (Victor) did a great job taking ownership and working to find a way to resolve :)

Without a member ID attached to the Cashstar order, the only way Best Buy was able to see it in their system ended up being through the gift card number.  They said it should take 3-5 days to post to my account, so I should be able to verify the credit towards Elite status applied after that.

To see if you have pending points, log into Best Buy.  Under your account info, there is an option under Rewards called Rewards History.  That will show you all pending points.

Is this deal over? Smh. Forgot all about this. I purchased 2 of these last year during the promo around Christmas.

Saw this on a post from slick deals:
“I called Cashstar (855 820 0485). They said they were aware of the issue and would be sending out new gift cards within 24 hours.“

Over the course of the past three hours or so, I've been on the phone with three different reps from Best Buy (two reps from their gift card department, one from customer service) and recently spoke with somebody from Cashstar.

Cashstar rep said when I called about 30 minutes ago they had just received a report from somebody else and a supervisor was looking into it and they'd give me a call back.

Yeah contacted CS over a chat and they're definitely aware of the issue.
Said it had to do with the PIN numbers for them, I noticed my cards with very simple PIN numbers weren't working, but the one that did had a normal looking PIN.
Resolution time was 24 hours as well.
Anyone know if these still work in-store?
The speakers I am looking at are probalby going off sale end of day tomorrow.

Yeah contacted CS over a chat and they're definitely aware of the issue.
Said it had to do with the PIN numbers for them, I noticed my cards with very simple PIN numbers weren't working, but the one that did had a normal looking PIN.
Resolution time was 24 hours as well.
Anyone know if these still work in-store?
The speakers I am looking at are probalby going off sale end of day tomorrow.
I would imagine that you can have a manager manually enter in the discount in store if the promo code doesn't work.

I only got 1 of my 3 so far, but I ordered that GC a few days before the others.  It also had a very simple PIN but I didn't try it yet.

Also have an invalid pin. Tried online and in store. On hold with customer service with over an hour wait........................ :bomb:

Yeah my PIN was very generic too, like 1000 or 1234

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I received a code and work for Best Buy. At the store level, nothing has been communicated about this. My pin was generic also (6000), but the gift card number itself is valid.

two of my saving codes didnt work either. It seems the pin number was incorrectly issued. my pin # was like 1000 and 0000.

emailed customer support and they told me this: "If you are reaching out about an issue with a promotional gift card you just received, we are aware of an issue with the PIN code and are working to correct the issue. Our customer care agents are unable to resolve this. We expect resolution within 24 hours and thank you for your patience."

I just checked cashstar website, and my saving codes have already been removed. Hopefully, they will resolve this issue by tomorrow. 

Sooo I just tried checking my promo code through the email I got, and I'm getting a bad URL message instead.

[attachment=28861:IMG_2108.PNG]

Either this is my own unique error, or they've taken down the site so they can rectify the pin code issue.

two of my saving codes didnt work either. It seems the pin number was incorrectly issued. my pin # was like 1000 and 0000.

emailed customer support and they told me this: "If you are reaching out about an issue with a promotional gift card you just received, we are aware of an issue with the PIN code and are working to correct the issue. Our customer care agents are unable to resolve this. We expect resolution within 24 hours and thank you for your patience."

I just checked cashstar website, and my saving codes have already been removed. Hopefully, they will resolve this issue by tomorrow.
what do you mean that your savings codes have already been removed? ..

my codes at first when i tested them but didn't redeem worked but now when i tried to use them again they have an error.... maybe they cancelled all codes and will issue new ones?

well mine doesn't have a generic pin and it definitely doesn't work.. 

edit: nvm they all seem to work now.. thats odd

bread's done
Back