BB Gamer Alert: Buy Any Guitar Hero game and get a 2nd game free

joshthegreat69

CAGiversary!
Feedback
31 (97%)
Forgive if this is a repost. Just got the text in from BB.

It says if you buy a Guitar Hero or Band Hero game, you get a 2nd game of equal or lesser value free. This excludes bundles. I am not sure if there are any valuable deals to be had here. Perhaps if you were looking to buy a GH game this would help.

[quote name='joshthegreat69']Forgive if this is a repost. Just got the text in from BB.

It says if you buy a Guitar Hero or Band Hero game, you get a 2nd game of equal or lesser value free. This excludes bundles. I am not sure if there are any valuable deals to be had here. Perhaps if you were looking to buy a GH game this would help.[/QUOTE]

The wording of the text is misleading. The second (and free game) has to be another guitar hero or band hero game of equal or lesser value. That's the only way it worked for me on BB.com. I could be doing something wrong nontheless.

Those prices are fucking expensive. $29.99 for a new copy of Legends of Rock? That better come with two free games and a happy ending. It's $4.99 used at GS!

Oh well feel free to delete this one! Even if it wasn't a repost, it is probably worth deleting. Any combination of those games is not worth buying at those prices.

Man, these guitar games are REALLY played out. I don't know anybody who is still into them. They had a nice run of super popularity for 3-4 years, which was way longer than it should have been.

they just released too many of them..that was the problem. Activision's strategy is terrible...they're going to run the CoD franchise into the ground next.

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']Man, these guitar games are REALLY played out. I don't know anybody who is still into them. They had a nice run of super popularity for 3-4 years, which was way longer than it should have been.[/QUOTE]

If they released one every year or two of one product they'd still be doing ok.

Instead we have like, 10 Guitar Hero games, 2 spinoffs (band hero and DJ Hero), and about to have 5 Rock Band titles, not to mention the track packs released every few months and the DLC EVERY WEEK.

[quote name='gsr']they just released too many of them..that was the problem. Activision's strategy is terrible...they're going to run the CoD franchise into the ground next.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Although Black Ops looks like it could be pretty awesome. As far as music games go, I still like Rock Band (not the band specific ones). The only Guitar Hero game worth getting in that promotion is Metallica, but $40 is way more than I am willing to pay for it.

[quote name='gsr']they just released too many of them..that was the problem. Activision's strategy is terrible...they're going to run the CoD franchise into the ground next.[/QUOTE]

I think if you counted each console a game is released on, Activision had 25 SKUs rleased last year alone!

How do you use this offer. I went into a store today and they wouldn't let me use it. I called customer service and they were of no help. What is the point of getting these text messages if I can't use the offer? Any one else have these problems and how did you rectify it?

[quote name='psfan3']How do you use this offer. I went into a store today and they wouldn't let me use it. I called customer service and they were of no help. What is the point of getting these text messages if I can't use the offer? Any one else have these problems and how did you rectify it?[/QUOTE]

normally there is a code with the text so the cashier can just punch it in and it's taken off, but this one didn't so it must've been an automatic thing and was just good for GH/BH games and not any game like the text implies.

[quote name='psfan3']How do you use this offer. I went into a store today and they wouldn't let me use it. I called customer service and they were of no help. What is the point of getting these text messages if I can't use the offer? Any one else have these problems and how did you rectify it?[/QUOTE]

It should be automatic. My BB had signs in front of the Guitar Hero and Band Hero games. Of course, the sale is for buying any game-only Guitar Hero game, get a second game-only Guitar Hero game free. It's not any game.

Yeah, I did love music games for a good long while... now I can't get anyone to take these damn instruments.

Although I was quite pleased to get $33 of the $40 I paid for DJ Hero back when I got rid of it :)

Pricing the PS2 version of a game the same as the newer consoles makes a world of sense, Best Buy. Not sure what the point of this promotion is, anyway - there's no "Hero" game coming out this summer is there?

I was also duped by the wording of the text (didn't see the deal on bb.com first) and tried to get Darksiders as the freebie. It didn't ring up as a discount and so they checked bb.com and then denied me - no appeal worked. Of course, I also live near the most fascist Best Buy in the entire country, so ymmv with arguing. . .

Ahh thanks guys. That is the worst wording ever in that text message. How someone thought that was a good idea to put it like that just amazes me. Worst though is that my Best Buy didn't know anything about the deal at all and neither did customer service when I called. Leave it to CAG to help me at Best Buy before an actual Best Buy employee.

I bought Guitar Hero 3 and Aerosmith at BB just over a year ago, and they were both $9.99 each. I can't remember if that was a sale price or not (I don't think it was), but still, a year has passed and it would cost me more to buy them under this "deal" now.
Hopefully amazon will match this, and without raising their prices.

BB wants $40 for each game. BUY 1 Get 1 Free is mean you paying $20 Each. you can find it cheaper under $15 or less per game. No deal for me :)

bread's done
Back