BB Gears of War 3 guide $10, limited edition $17 (ymmv?)

Daviddenton3

CAGiversary!
Was just wondering around a Best Buy a couple hours ago and saw the Gears of War 3 guide was $9.99 and as i was picking it up saw the limited edition hardcover one was just $17 so i got it instead.

More than just a hardcover and some game art it comes with a preview of the comic and soundtrack sampler (meh) but also comes with links to PDFs of GOW and GOW 2 guides which is pretty interesting.

really? guess i missed mention of it in a previous thread otherwise i would've gotten it sooner. Find it interesting that the 2 free guides for 1 & 2 seem to have no way of confirming you actually bought the limited edition guide.
Just go to the website it seems.

I never understood why people purchase game guides with all that info available for free on the internet?

I am honestly curious as to people's motivations for buying guides. Is it a collectable? Does it offer content not available online? Handy to have all that info in one place?

[quote name='Dund3r']I never understood why people purchase game guides with all that info available for free on the internet?

I am honestly curious as to people's motivations for buying guides. Is it a collectable? Does it offer content not available online? Handy to have all that info in one place?[/QUOTE]

I've only ever bought a couple of guides at full price, but a couple of times, when I've played through with a penny guide, I've enjoyed doing it. The art is nice to have sometimes...

[quote name='Dund3r']I never understood why people purchase game guides with all that info available for free on the internet?

I am honestly curious as to people's motivations for buying guides. Is it a collectable? Does it offer content not available online? Handy to have all that info in one place?[/QUOTE]
Some people buy them if they are fans of the series and stuff.
I bought the Marvel vs Capcom 3 and Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 guides because I love the Capcom 'VS' series. It also helps that there is a wealth of knowledge in them. They are nice to read when you don't want to sit on a computer or stare at a phone.
Every now and then I like to sit down and read something on pages, not on a screen.

They are nice to have if u are a fan of certain games like eyeliner stated but also a select few increase in value over time. A couple guides are actually worth more than their game counterpart.

bread's done
Back